Home
Jamiroquai

Synchronicity: 2001: ASO & AFOTP

Talk about the funk. Albums, singles, music videos, remixes, etc.

Synchronicity: 2001: ASO & AFOTP

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sun Jul 08, 2007 9:24 pm

You need to play AFOTP to do this synchronicity...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdoA3AJ6zGE
^Scene: "Dawn of man".

Beginning of the clip: The beginning of "FSG" is the wind... As the scene swiches to the next "photo", the wind gets stronger.

0:30-0:42: The "ape" scenes change correspondingly to the keyboards' note patterns!!

0:42: The "jet engine sound effect" starts up. An ape looks into the sky. As the sound effect get louder, the apes get more and more upset...

01:00 - As soon as Jay says "Mars", the scene changes...

01:07 - One of the apes rolls his eyes as the vocoder speaks...

01:13 - Dawn breaks, first verse begins and at the very same time... 8O 8O 8O

01:18 - Lyrics: "...and something..."; In the clip, the letters "The dawn of man" appear on the screen... As Jay says "I'm so happy where I am...", the letters fade out!

01:30 - "I've journeyed to the other atmospheres"; the scene has a different atmosphere than the previous one... It's alot darker. After that Jay says "and every breath I take just makes it clear", and another, brighter scene is shown.

06:25 - that small black creature falls to the ground, Little L begins the same moment... Notice how the ape slams the skull of the cow (?), as if he's playing drums in the intro!!

CIRCA 6:57 - listen to the 'rising' synth in Little L. It perfectly matches the trajectory of the flying bone...

----

In fact, you might as well synch the AFOTP to the clip yourself... Just hit play both on Youtube and on your media player at the nearly same moment. Some computer keyboards have a special 'play' button, so for people with such keyboards, it won't be that hard to pull off...
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby dargelita on Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:56 pm

you scare me knjaz. :shock:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby snolan on Mon Jul 09, 2007 8:48 am

it does match very nicely

i still havent seen 2001 A Space Odyssey

:lol: :lol: :lol: if sounds wrong not saying funk instead of space :lol: :lol: :lol:

==EDIT==

to day i was out and went in to my local charity shop and found A Space Odyssey OST on 12" for £2 i thought "ill have some of that" i have only listened to the opening track so far its all orchestral but for £2 i only wanted the famous one :P

strange how you dont think of something for months then it al comes round at once
snolan
Supersonic

Return to Music and Video