Home
Jamiroquai

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - READ HERE FIRST

Information about how the forums and the official website operate, etc. Post here if you're having trouble and want an admin/moderator to see!

Moderator: David

FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS - READ HERE FIRST

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 30, 2006 1:56 pm

Well, seeing that all these people have been asking questions about stuff, I have decided to write an FAQ.

1. Adding/Changing/Removing your avatar:

1) On the top of any page, click on profile. You will be taken to Jamiroquai.com.

2) Log in under your forum username and password.

3) Click on 'Click here to edit your account details.'.
NOTE: You can also edit other account details from the control panel... Obviously...

4) Go to the bottom of the page, and click 'Click here to edit other bulletin board details'.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the page, and find the 'Show Gallery' button.

6) Click the radio button under the image of a cover and then click 'Select avatar'.
NOTE: There are two galleries of images, one with the album covers, and a one with the singles. To jump between galleries, click on the 'Select category' button, and then click 'Go'.
====

----Username change:

1) Repeat steps 1-3 on how to set an avatar.

2) Under the 'Bulletin board' options, find the 'Username' box, and type in your new nickname.

3) Click 'Set Username'.
====

----Password change:

THE EASIER WAY (Not-so-safe, in my opinion):

2) Under the 'Bulletin board' options, find the 'Password' box, and type in your new password.

3) Click 'Set password'.

THE SAFER, YET LONGER WAY:

1) Repeat steps 1-4 on how to set an avatar.

2) Under 'Registration information', find the 'New password' box, and type in your new password, then retype into the box below.
I'm not sure if the password is case-sensitive.
====

----E-mail address change:

2) Under the 'Bulletin board' options, find the 'E-Mail' box, and type in your new address.

3) Click on 'Set E-Mail'.
====

----Setting the clock to show your current time:

2) Scroll down to 'Timezone.

3) Select your timezone. Click here for a list of timezones.
====

----Adding IM service addresses to your profile:

2) In the 'Profile' section, find the IM service(s) you use and type your IMS address in there.
====

NOTE: MOST OF THE SETTINGS LISTED ABOVE WILL REQUIRE YOU TO CLICK THE 'SUBMIT' BUTTON.

----Posting and tags:

----The 'Bold' tag:

As you can see, the 'Bold' tag has a wide usage in this FAQ, together with the color code I'll talk about later.

To add the 'Bold' tag to the text, hit the 'B' button above the text box. To wrap parts of already typed text into a 'Bold' tag, highlight the desired part of the text, and click the 'Bold' button. The text will be wrapped in the tags that look like this:

Code: Select all
[b]This is sample text.[/b]

...Which will have an outcome that looks like this:

This is sample text.
====

----The 'Italic' tag:

Pretty much the same as bold. It's applied in the same way to text, the way 'Bold' tag is. The 'activation' button is next to the 'B' button.

[i]This is sample text.[/i]

The outcome looks like this...

This is sample text.
====

----The 'Underline' tag:

Okay, it's next to the 'Italic' tag, blada, blada...

[u]This is sample text.[/u]

And this is the outcome.
====

----Quoting:

Quoting is usually done by clicking the 'Quote' button next to a post, but there is a tag that allows you to make quotes by yourself.

[quote]This is sample text.[/quote]

Outcome...

This is sample text.

However, you can also add names to the quote tags if you want to citate a source of information.

[quote="Person"]Blah.[/quote]

Outcome...

Person wrote:Blah.

NOTE: WHEN ADDING A NAME TO A QUOTE TAG, MAKE SURE THAT THE NAME IS ABSOLUTELY ALWAYS PLACED BETWEEN THE QUOTATION MARKS: "

HOWEVER, ALSO NOTE THAT THIS IS A SINGLE SYMBOL, NOT TWO APOSTROPHES, WHICH LOOK VERY SIMILAR (WHEN PLACED NEXT TO EACH OTHER), BUT NOT THE SAME: ''

====

----Thesizetag(s):

These tags define the font size.

[size=7]The[/size][size=14]size[/size]tag(s)

The title is the outcome... The numbers inside the text define the size. The smaller the number, the smaller the font... Same goes with large numbers and letters... I'm pretty interested in what happens if I add a negative number into the tag...
====

----The 'Image tag':

Yet again one of the most commonly used tags around.

[img]http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005NJFP.02.THUMBZZZ.jpg[/img]

Outcome...

====

----The 'Color' Tag:

This is also a common tag, but sometimes a complicated one.

[color=red]Blah.[/color]

Outcome...

Blah.

You can also use some more complicated colors, that however, require a certain type of code, constructed out of letters (A-F) and numbers (0-9) with the tic-tac-toe thingy symbol to be typed at the beginning... You can find the code for every color in Adobe Photoshop, in the color select table.

[color=#D9F78D]This color is unavaliable on this board by default.[/color]

This color is unavaliable on this board by default (And is also hard to read on this background...).
====

----The 'URL' tag:

Okay, this one's an essential if want to link to images, web pages, and other types of content. This tag also has its button.

[url]http://bb.jamiroquai.com[/url]

And this is the outcome...

http://bb.jamiroquai.com

However, if you want to add a description to the URL, you'll have to follow a slightly more complex procedure...
[url=http://bb.jamiroquai.com]This is a link.[/url]

The outcome...

This is a link.
====

----The 'List' tags:

Okay, there are three kinds of the list tag. Those tags are similar, yet not the same, obviously.

-Bullet:

Okay, this one's the primary list tag...

[list][*]List item #1;
[*]List item #2;
[*]List item #3;[/list]

Outcome...

• List item #1;
  • List item #2;
  • List item #3.

As you can see, the [*] sub-tag is used in all list tags as a bullet.
=

-Numerical:

Okay, this one's also slightly more complex, but not THAT much.

[list=1][*]List item #1;
[*]List item #2;
[*]List item #3.[/list]

This time however, numbers will be used in the place of bullets...

1. List item #1;
  2. List item #2;
  3. List item #3.
=

-Alphabetical:

Same as the numerical order, except that the list uses Latin letters instead of numbers or bullets.

[list=1][*]List item #1;
[*]List item #2;
[*]List item #3.[/list]

Outcome...

1. List item #1;
  2. List item #2;
  3. List item #3.

I wonder what happens if you list more than 26 items... :?
====

And here we are, at the end of this FAQ about the bb.jamiroquai.com board. Notify me about any mistakes, and I'll be very glad to fix them.

Chill, people.

Back to forum home.
Last edited by Knjaz Milos on Fri Mar 31, 2006 1:29 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby David on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:16 pm

Superb work. Thank you very much for doing this. You never know, we may get less questions on this forum now that your FAQ is here and answers them all so well. Thanks. :D
David
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:27 pm

David wrote:Superb work. Thank you very much for doing this. You never know, we may get less questions on this forum now that your FAQ is here and answers them all so well. Thanks. :D

Thanks... This is just awesome... Especially the fact that it took me alota courage and time to write and post this, since I'm kinda paranoid about messing stuff up. :shock:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Thu Mar 30, 2006 2:33 pm

Fantastic work, Knjaz Milos. Very well organised! :D 8) Hard work payed up! :D
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:54 pm

knjaz...THATS GREAT WORK..THANKS A LOT ..i am sure u help a lot of people here...including me..i see myself already linking people here :wink:
Sandriche

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:00 pm

duki wrote: Fantastic work, Knjaz Milos. Very well organised! :D 8) Hard work payed up! :D

Thanks, but as I said, I... Well... What do you think would Jay say right now, about my work?

Sandriche wrote:knjaz...THATS GREAT WORK..THANKS A LOT ..i am sure u help a lot of people here...including me..i see myself already linking people here :wink:

Like... 'Woohoohoohoo...' I wrote this out of pure boredom, and it actually turned out to be very... AWESOME, as you people say... :shock: I need to get my eyes checked... :shock:
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby BEGGERZ on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:17 pm

Wow, nice work Knjaz Milos, how long did that take you to type? lol
BEGGERZ
Supersonic

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:28 pm

BEGGERZ wrote:Wow, nice work Knjaz Milos, how long did that take you to type? lol

I don't know. I got inspired by the topic with David's instructions on how to set up an avatar. It's not visible anymore... I think he took it down because he doesn't need 2 FAQs.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby David on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:38 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:
BEGGERZ wrote:Wow, nice work Knjaz Milos, how long did that take you to type? lol

I don't know. I got inspired by the topic with David's instructions on how to set up an avatar. It's not visible anymore... I think he took it down because he doesn't need 2 FAQs.

Yeah, whilst I was having a look around the forums this morning I created a little "How to change your avatar image" thread and then a few hours later this appeared. So I deleted my little item and made this one sticky :)
David
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby sedaquai on Thu Mar 30, 2006 4:44 pm

great!!really super job..we dont have to tell the newbies how to change the details or choose avatar... anymore :lol:
sedaquai
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:14 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:
duki wrote: Fantastic work, Knjaz Milos. Very well organised! :D 8) Hard work payed up! :D

Thanks, but as I said, I... Well... What do you think would Jay say right now, about my work?

I think he would be veeeeery pleased and amazed and say to himself-Wow, this guy is amazing! How would you like a job as my assistant?
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Knjaz Milos on Fri Mar 31, 2006 2:52 pm

I have le updated the FAQ with 2 more tags... :D

duki wrote:
Knjaz Milos wrote:

I think he would be veeeeery pleased and amazed and say to himself-Wow, this guy is amazing! How would you like a job as my assistant?

Then I'd say: 'No, even though that's a generous offer, I can't, because... I'm waaay too weird when you get to know me better...'
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:30 pm

:lol: 8)

You are not weird. From how I see it, you are very intelligent person. Are you a member of MENSA? You sure seem like one.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Knjaz Milos on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:42 pm

duki wrote::lol: 8)

You are not weird. From how I see it, you are very intelligent person. Are you a member of MENSA? You sure seem like one.

Nuuuh... Not really... It's just that I oftenly show my full potential when doing things I'm interested in... I don't like Math very much (But I still do like to fill in a whole notebook and waste ink...), so I really don't show my calculation powers there, even though I need to...
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Fri Mar 31, 2006 8:46 pm

Same here. I'm good at creative things and languages, but very bad at Maths, Physics, Chemistry.

I just realise I was off topic. Again! :x Sorry. I always go off topic even when I have no intention of doing so.
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby jooshlander on Tue Dec 19, 2006 5:30 pm

Erm ............ what happens if you cant access the Advanced options for the Bulletin Board?

I sign in, go to the bottom, click on the link and go straight back to the forum index.
jooshlander

Postby Sandriche on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:07 pm

yes i know..there is a problem..david is working on it :wink:
be patient please :D
Sandriche

Postby jooshlander on Tue Dec 19, 2006 6:28 pm

good news .... not just me then ...... phew!!
jooshlander

Postby David on Fri Dec 22, 2006 4:23 pm

Yeah, sorry about this. I emailed the person who does the coding for the forum and I guess he's on vacation or something right now. Sorry.
David
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby samantha1170 on Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:42 pm

Just to let you know that the profile part of the forum is now working, to change your profile/avatar etc. just go to http://bb.jamiroquai.com/profile.php?mode=editprofile :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Sandriche on Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:01 am

HOW CAN I UPLOAD or POST a PIC here?

as this question appears again and again i thought i add something here...

PHOTOBUCKET.COM
it´s rather easy..u can host your pics and movies there

:arrow: 1. register
:arrow: 2. upload a pic from your pc
:arrow: 3. then u will geta

- URL Link
- HTML Tag ( eg. for myspace)
- IMG Code

:arrow: if u want to post a pic in the forum i recomment do COPY the IMG Code and paste it into your post
:arrow: if u have found a pic somewhere in the net and don´t want to save it for some reasons..u can also COPY / PASTE the URL Link into your post - then MARK it and press the "IMG" button (u find it under the subject bar of your message

:D hope this makes things a bit more clear..if u still have any questions please ask here or pm me or other users who seem to know how it works...
Sandriche

Postby Tiffinypie on Mon Jan 07, 2008 2:40 am

What's with the name of the jami song above your nickname and avatar? ex. mines is Supersonic.
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:46 pm

That's your posting "rank"
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Mon Jan 07, 2008 10:08 pm

great job Knjaz :) 8) quite some work you did
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby FunkEducation on Mon Jan 07, 2008 11:45 pm

well done Knjaz! :wink:
FunkEducation

Next

Return to Help and Admin