Home
Jamiroquai

How do you feel right now?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: How do you feel right now?

Postby Giba7 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:11 pm

yes @joliefille it was a hoax, the brother is alive! Yahoo news updated!
don't trust the media!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 am

But we still have news about a 2nd lion shot by an American back in April.
I'm for all the news coverage because regardless of if it's real or not, it's negative attention for something that should be forbidden.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:54 pm

I agree about not trusting the media; particularly when it comes to American media and politics. Here I find the media to be very polarizing and cable news produces a lot of "hate" TV. Some of the UK's papers such as the Guardian or the Independent seem to have a more journalistic integrity.

Yes it is true that the media is powerful in that it can bring about awareness to issues. Yet it also causes so much confusion. Just look at the whole food issue in the US - gluten, organic, non-GMO, "natural" foods, non-dairy, non-sugar - while we still have the highest rates of obesity. So f--- it, have a piece of cheese and glass of wine here and there. :-) Educating ourselves is so important - and not just in the academic sense - gosh, there is a line by Guru in a song that is sums up what I am trying say. Darn it - I will have play it and come back.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 am

But even though the food issue "sounds" complex, it is because it is. Monsanto, processed, American foods... I try to buy European cheeses and more natural products because the rules on American production are lax. Whole foods has an entire list of chemicals banned from their store, but Meijer, & Kroger sells their items with them.

But you also need to not overeat, and exercise but indulge occasionally!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:00 am

Yes - we just have to do our own research regarding food and what is healthy because the most of the government funding regarding nutrition in the US is funded by big corps like Nestle, Coca Cola, Kraft and other big corporations that do not make healthy food and care more about pleasing their boards and $$$$$. And these corporations fund research to "prove" that their processed food is not so bad. So what we are taught regarding the food pyramids and what we should consume is not necessarily true.

Found the lyric about the importance of educating ourselves for our survival - it is by Gang Starr, not Guru, in "Who's gonna take the weight?" (my gym song) -

"Knowledge is power, and knowledge can be the difference between life
or death...you should know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

We have to seek out knowledge, truth and information (aside from just college academia or what the media reports) to make the best decisions and create a healthy lives for ourselves, our children, families etc.

(Super tired so hope any of this makes sense.)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm not sure if that is the right song Jolie Fille -but I think Gang Starr is old rap!

but I agree with the words. But it is challenging to live ideally because there is just so much.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 am

I was showing my cute little 8yo some Jami videos: "Deeper Underground"
"why does he just keep dancing and doesn't get out of there?"
and "Canned Heat"
he can't go through the walls and TV like that in real life.

everytime I watch Canned Heat I swear those are my tables!
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:59 am

Florida had a Bear Hunt, legally allowing nearly 300 Black bears to be hunted and killed.
:(
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:19 am

Feeling immensely grateful for my life.

Given how we treat our very own mankind - humans (in this case below, refugees) - it never surprises me how awful we treat "animals" (which we are too.) If you need to feel grateful for your life, check out this video http://www.democracynow.org/2015/11/18/ ... hows_risks

Interesting how Jay/Jam is always so prescient about the sh-- going on in the world.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

I wish nobody had to leave their land, but could stay safely. And have a say in their government (democracy).
But refugees should be welcomed.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Relaxed - happy holidays (yay!) Finally a break from the hustle and bustle.

Watched this documentary "Lord Montagu" and was thinking Jay or his heirs should do what Lord Montagu did with his English estate and classic car collection. Cool way to preserve history and a person's passion.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:02 pm

thoughts for the day:
Everybody comes from something different. We all share in our own culture. We are born of our own race and ethnicity. People live in many different countries. And people believe in different religions, or none. And many times, people practice the culture or religion from which you were raised. So the best way to be is neutral toward others, in regards to how they live or how they believe. If you believe yours is better than another, this is ethnocentrism. When we believe we are better, this is a sort of survival mechanism, which reinforces we are doing the best we can. But when you put it into words of criticism of another culture, country, ethnicity, race, or religion; then this is discrimination.
So if you don’t like how other people live, whether it be a race, country, or religion of people, keep it to yourself. Because in words, we see hatred.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sun May 08, 2016 6:08 pm

wow Giba; nicely said. Deep. I studied ethnocentrism in college and how it led to various wars.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

good for you Joliefille! thanks
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 pm

The Secret Life of Pets was hilarious!
It was a group of dogs and one cat hanging out, always sitting in a box or bowl!
One scene had this old guy wearing an "I Love Disco" hat!
Snowball, the naughty rabbit was so hip hop he was saying "R I P " to his deceased friend in reference to this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQ4m2k9L_g
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Well it's a sad day here in America today.
Trump won the electoral college votes, even though Hillary won the majority of the vote.
A country divided by what people think is right and wrong, literally makes me sick. (vomit emoji)

I actually wish Bush was the Republican candidate again. :shock:
My education's worth is thrown out the window (diversity & equality) and my church should be boycotted for promoting Trump.

But America deserves it -they made their bed and they shall lie in it.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Shaolin325 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:06 am

I typed out a long response to this question....twice......and lost both posts because I took too long to submit.....

But to answer the question....Not good.

I don't know how adults honestly thought Mr. Trump was the right person for one of the most important jobs in the world. His whole "ass and balls out" approach was a total turn off. The citizens of the United States should have at the very least made him prove he was sane and could show compassion, acceptance and respect for those who are not like him. But this is who will represent these "United" States for the next 4 years.....if he doesn't do something to get impeached before that.
Shaolin325
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:28 am

this is removed
Last edited by Giba7 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:28 am, edited 3 times in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Mar 31, 2017 7:00 am

Well I came to find the old Jam Party People forum to join in the excitement of Jamiroquai's new album, Automaton, being released today but no one is here! I absolutely LOVE the album <3 :D
Last edited by CosmicLea on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:00 am

this is removed
Last edited by Giba7 on Fri Apr 14, 2017 12:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:34 am

Last edited by CosmicLea on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 04, 2017 9:08 pm

x
Last edited by Giba7 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Apr 05, 2017 4:39 am

Peace and love <3
Last edited by CosmicLea on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Apr 14, 2017 1:21 pm

So very sad to hear of the passing of original Jamiroquai keyboardist, Toby Smith, on 11th April, 2017. RIP Toby, your wonderful music will live forever. Condolences to his family and friends.

Jay Kay wrote a beautiful tribute to Toby on Facebook today <3
https://www.facebook.com/JamiroquaiOfficial/posts/10155249512721118
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:07 pm

01/2016 https://twitter.com/curse_t_70/status/6 ... 5104953344
“Cuntina Fuckoffa Thanks for ruining my mood. Hope you get hit by a fucking bus you cunt.
Curse_t_70: only “One” I'd like Tyre Tracks littering their face.
Cuntina: who??? who??? who??? *gossip mode: on
Curse_t_70: Just a Twat I met irl (in real life). Not worth my time or subtweets actually.”

Lovely, eh? subtweets are when you make a remark about someone specific

10/1017 I had just posted my pic of legs with a Toe ring. hmmm
"Stick to what you know bitch..ignorance, intolerance to anyone different than yourself and toe rings."
https://twitter.com/curse_t_70/status/8 ... 3288406017

10/2016 Short, Stars…hmmm
"Stop selling yourself short, reach for the stars with an unstable ladder."
https://twitter.com/curse_t_70/status/7 ... 2088383488

Curse_t_70 would throw me in front of a bus, but Jamiroquai threw me under the bus. Almost humorous, but nevertheless a circle of hatred, celebrated by All of You. And there’s plenty more of her tweets where that came from. You can’t deny this Leanne.

01/2017 Curse_t_70 Wendy & Amy
https://twitter.com/WendyGstormey/statu ... 8521133056
Hilarious because Amy’s had at least 6 accounts on twitter (@artois216 @Pippy_71 @willasymon @art_e_mis @astongirl @suwannee_girl)

I apologize to Curse_t_70 on my rude words about you. I said them in private in email back in 2013, not to your face, because I was angry and venting after the Magic Festival. I felt you treated me with disrespect. Amy shared my private words, instigating this hatred. And you can either continue to carry this out, or you can Stop.

-->Btw, I don’t hate people of different colors, ethnicities, religions, sexual orientation, sizes and beliefs. My WHOLE being is about the education of understanding others, & in treating people equally. I stand against hatred, especially haters. My venting was against hate.
Giba7
Runaway

Previous

Return to Everyday Chat