Home
Jamiroquai

How do you feel right now?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: How do you feel right now?

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 01, 2014 5:35 pm

@Popalot maybe get out and get a job for an airline! :wink:

joliefille wrote:
Geez, I wish I had a chance to be lonely (my dream vacation is two weeks alone - no phone calls, no texts, no husband or any family, no friends, no work, no requests, commitments - 2 weeks of freedom without being bothered sounds like bliss.)

:lol: 5 years ago I would just want to be in my car alone, driving, listening to music, no questions!!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:29 pm

Swap with me? :lol:
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 10:55 pm

Haha! I am sure my husband would love that :-) I would not mind swapping depending on where you live - I miss men with accents. :-)

Never dated a Romanian guy but have some female Romanian friends here in LA. Marriage is a roller coaster - but my husband is quite easy great guy, easy going, brilliant, tall, dark handsome; I am just a little feisty and f----- up from all my prior relationships. I make it hard because he is easy to please. You get more with sugar than vinegar. hahaha! :-)

What are Romanian guys like? (ok I hate generalizations but still curious what happened.)

Surely there is someone somewhere thinking of you.

I escaped to Malibu alone today - I like solitude because people are always bothering me about one thing or another or want to go out or this party etc etc.

Malibu is really chill - although I had to ward off a couple of intruders :-) That's life ;-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 11:38 pm

Haha! I feel happy/high because I am chilling in Malibu, drinking champagne, the Pacific Ocean is too beautiful, vast and makes all the petty stuff - even us - seem small. And the sun. Also because geez, I am not computer savvy at all and I finally figured out to post pics here - I love challenges (so pardon if I go overboard for a while.) Two pics below - the SUN on my morning coffee run in Santa Monica; the other is Pacific Coast Highway where I walk my dogs in the morning unless I take their huge a---- for a hike (my boys need a diet)

It is hard to be unhappy when you have your health and there is so much beauty in our surroundings.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:59 am

@popalot -make it happen. Meet someone new :D
@joliefille -oh f*ck off!! extremely jealous!

at least I'm going to have margaritas and Mexican tomorrow!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:27 am

I am a hermit and a loner :cry: beautiful scenery :)
I have never seen the world so is nice you have :)
Cant meet anyone as not good socially
popalot
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 4:31 am

Past partners have found me but have been wrong ones :(
Woke up from email on this post, going back o sleep now
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:53 am

Haha! @Giba7 - yes, the sunny pictures were just for you ;-) Oddly, it did rain last night.

@popalot - I hate making "plans" with people and life is short so I am quite spontaneous - if I want to go somewhere to eat, the beach, get my favorite cappucino, or see a movie, I just do it. I meet more people and have much better, in-depth conversations with strangers when I do stuff alone than when I go out with a gaggle of girls.

Being introverted is good - largely how I am too but I also enjoy being social just not too much. People expect too much from or expect me to be a certain way and I hate "pressure" in my social life. I travel a lot and feel as if I am always surrounded by people so I really value my alone time.

Any chance you are feeling depressed, no?

Just date to have fun even if they are not the right ones - not every date has to be the "one" - everyone comes into our life for a reason. And dating around is great practice - haha! :-) Have fun in the meantime - there's a ton a hot men out there - and patience.

(Argentinian polo players - big sigh ;-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:38 am

Sorry not for me, i don't like fun, i want the1 or not at all but thanks anyway
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Apr 02, 2014 7:11 pm

How will you find the one if you remain a hermit and stay inside a lot?

Or, do you have a specific person you want to be the "one" already? In that case, go for it (in a subtle matter ;-)-you do not want to scare the "one" off.) I have gone for me that I wanted and that can work.

Also by fun - I do not mean intimate/physical/sex with a bunch of different guys - I just mean going on dates and talking and being wined and dined and meeting different guys; seeing what's out there on the market. It helps you figure out what qualities you want in your future husband, the "one" . . .

But love is so random, we cannot help what want the heart wants - you just never how things will turn out. But it usually comes when you are doing your own thing and not looking for it. Never planned to get married or have a kid but here I am so . . . and it is not half bad :-) haha!
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:59 pm

Aaaaaw that's nice you are married and have a kid :)
Dunno jus went on a speed date but no1 suitable,
Maybe the1 will find me :)
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Thu Apr 03, 2014 10:14 pm

hahaha! I did speed dating thing years ago as a favor for girlfriend who did not want to go alone (and the free drinks :-)); it was quite fun but yeah no one I would date (also I was in a relationship). I found the guys quite desperate, socially awkward and not too many hotties.

Awwwwh marriage, it's been quite nice lately but not always smooth sailing. It requires compromise and a good sense of humor. I really have young toddler - not quite a "kid" yet; which is good because I am not that mature myself :-) She loves Jamiroquai and dressing up - it's fun having a mini me.

But again, I think it kind of happens - you don't go searching for it.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Fri Apr 04, 2014 6:34 am

Okies, i will find God willing :)
popalot
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:00 am

@popalot -you've gotta have a balance -a little party, a little private time.
if you stay inside you won't meet anybody and certainly can't shop. (or can't have a job)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 09, 2014 3:03 am

oh so I had electric acupuncture today. so I've been somewhat electrocuted.
then followed with acupressure.

and tonight my neck is soooo sore!!
and the guy would whisper something in Chinese, I didn't know what he was saying.
I nearly passed out for 5 hours following the acu-pressure/puncture because it was so intense.
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Wed Apr 09, 2014 6:58 am

Okies will try seeing whose out there :D sounds good your pampering
popalot
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 29, 2014 4:30 am

yes! get out Popalot!

I am unemployed for the summer.
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It's wonderful. but I'll have to be on a party budget. :/
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:30 pm

Found a guy, bit big but he seems to love
popalot
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Fri May 02, 2014 6:33 pm

popalot wrote:Found a guy, bit big but he seems to love

Nuthin' wrong with that! Good for you!
ErinUSA

Postby popalot on Fri May 02, 2014 6:34 pm

He was no good :( liar
popalot
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 26, 2014 5:42 am

we've had beautiful weather for our entire holiday weekend! Lots of fun & sun!
this is the first memorial weekend w/o rain in maybe 20 years! (well if it doesn't rain tomorrow)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby popalot on Mon May 26, 2014 8:28 am

I am lonely, I need a prince type man to spoil me and take me everywhere with him :-)
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Mon May 26, 2014 4:59 pm

Haha! The most important relationship is the one you have with yourself :-) - (sex and the city I think)

And a woman needs a man, like a fish needs a bicycle - I think Gloria Steniem (sp.) said that. It was literally in a beer or some commercial I saw in London before seeing a film in Leicester Square. I will never forget it - visualize a fish on bicycle - I'll never forget that image even though geez, that was a decade ago. F------- hilarious.

Take Care and be happy.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 26, 2014 10:00 pm

yes popalot -I feel bad :(
1) things never work out how you think
2) keep going for what you want

the sex in the city quote is good! the fish on bicycle brings images of Dr. Suess!

so last night I went to bed fine and woke up with food poisoning! sat by the toilet for 6 hours straight.
so I'm out of the activities today :? but it's been so nice outside!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue May 27, 2014 6:30 pm

First: Feeling tired as f---- with a ton of "stuff" to do before I leave and all I want to do is go back to the beach and sleep in the sun. I really need to lay off the wine till my holiday. And should not be here sitting on my bum wasting time either - haha!

Second: G and Poppy :-) I am not a Pollyanna or anything - quite cynical and distrusting of most people - but things DO work out the way we want them too some times, a lot of the times I believe. We cannot just say they never work out but I agree with G that you keep going for what you want and have some amazing adventures on the way.

Sometimes it is just luck, some times it is our hard work, some times it is others that help us. But try to remember that you got a "pocket full of rainbows and a sky to put them in so blue" (Soul Education) haha! It sounds corny as hell but it makes me happy. Jay is good with metaphors ;-)

And girlfriend :-), if you are waiting for that "perfect prince" - haha! - you will end up like Mrs. Haversham (sp?) You know the old lady in "Great Expectations" waiting in her wedding dress forever. They call princess stories fairytales for reason.

G, why are you feeling bad?
joliefille
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat