Home
Jamiroquai

Are Jamiroquai coming to the U.S. ?

Do you have Canned Heat in your heels and are planning on attending a forthcoming concert or have you just been to one? Tell us about your High Times... Post your photos, set-lists, stories and more...

Re: Jamiroquai coming to the U.S.

Postby Giba7 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:31 am

Y'know, I sit here thinking about the name Jamiroquai. And I know it is based on the Iroquois tribe (or the helicopter from Vietnam named after them). And it's ironic that both of these references are American.

The Iroquois territory is approximately New York to Michigan (USA). I live in the heart of Native American land.
2 houses over from mine is Iroquois street. Subdivisions have Native American names here. Schools have NA names here. Cities have NA names here. Many people have Native blood here.

But yet the band doesn't come here?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Shaolin325 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:58 am

Let me know if I'm off base here, I don't know if there is any history (bad blood) between Sade and Jamiroquai. But could these two bands tour together? Is that idea too far fetched? Would there be a problem with Sade being the headliner in the US? Sade is huge here. Everyone seems to love them. Let me know if I'm being crazy. I honestly don't know if this doesn't make sense.
Shaolin325
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Oct 01, 2010 3:10 pm

I'd still go. But Well, I wouldn't be going to see Sade. She had a couple of okay tunes (kinda simple).
I definitely think Jamiroquai would be better as the headliner. But not a bad pair-up.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Shaolin325 on Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:57 am

If the tour takes place in the U.S.Sade would have to be the headliner. They're just more popular here. Not necessarily better, but def more popular. I'm a fan of both Jamiroquai and Sade so I'd like this to happen. However,I do wonder about their individual fan bases. Does the average Sade fan also like Jamiroquai and vice-versa? It may not matter. Earth,Wind and Fire toured with Chicago earlier this year and I believe it worked out well.

Jamiroquai are only human. No one wants to go where they are not welcomed. No one wants to put themselves in a position to fail. We'll see.
Shaolin325
Supersonic

Postby Steviequoi on Sat Oct 16, 2010 3:13 am

Stevie Wonder, disco, The Iroquois Nation, huh, where dey all from? Please show some respect brother. We're people too believe it or not. Just ask my tribe and Stevie. We'll tell ya. Please don't forget about us like your ancestors before you have. :wink:
Steviequoi

Re: Are Jamiroquai coming to the U.S. ?

Postby Giba7 on Sat Oct 23, 2010 4:19 am

:lol: :lol: :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:37 am

according to http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20101022/te ... df947.html

the US release for RDLS will probably be by 2011? :?
once its released here maybe they will stop by because if they are coming to mexico in april, how can they skip the rest of north america?
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Feliz on Sat Oct 23, 2010 12:55 pm

Please excuse my expression but...... HOW gay is that! :evil: :x

Ok I feel better. I'm sure things will work out. *woo sahhh*
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Ellimac25 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:03 am

I'm a fairly new Cosmic Girl, can anybody give me a rundown of Jamroquais past in the US? I don't see many, if any, US shows on youtube. Do they ever come here? Do they do big 50 states tours or do they just play in New York and California? (I hate that!).

More importantly do they ever play in Texas? Or anywhere near Texas? I'd for sure be up for roadtripping so I could see more than one show!

Does this site send out emails for when Jamiroquai announces tours?

Where in Mexico are they going? Is is relativley close to Dallas?

This is alot of questions. Maybe i should start my own topic...
Ellimac25

Postby Giba7 on Mon Oct 25, 2010 4:13 am

Ellimac25 --> you're on-line, I'll try to type fast!

Jamiroquai has toured the U.S. but I'd say it has been limited. I think they are more likely to hit NY & California consistently. But this new tour I would assume to be determined by their future record sales and states' interest.

You can sign up somewhere for notification. Or check back for the news under 'home'.
But I've heard the U.S. release of the album RDLS may be closer to 2011.
I know the TWM release in Europe was 2 months earlier than in the U.S.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Ellimac25 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 7:37 am

Giba7 wrote:Ellimac25 --> you're on-line, I'll try to type fast!

Jamiroquai has toured the U.S. but I'd say it has been limited. I think they are more likely to hit NY & California consistently. But this new tour I would assume to be determined by their future record sales and states' interest.

You can sign up somewhere for notification. Or check back for the news under 'home'.
But I've heard the U.S. release of the album RDLS may be closer to 2011.
I know the TWM release in Europe was 2 months earlier than in the U.S.

Ahh thanks! NY and Cali are really far away and expensive =(. I think Mexico might be a better bet for this poor college kid. I don't mind battling drug cartels to see Jamiroquai! Hopefully they'll come a lil closer to the real Cowboys though.
Ellimac25

Postby Giba7 on Wed Oct 27, 2010 3:07 pm

Ha! Rather battle the drug cartels then driving up to meet the rude New Yorkers? :lol:

I believe they just hit one place in Mexico. But probably be more.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Feliz on Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:12 am

Giba7 wrote:Ha! Rather battle the drug cartels then driving up to meet the rude New Yorkers? :lol:

heyy!! only the New Yorkers who moved here after 2000 are rude! :lol:!!
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Thu Oct 28, 2010 6:42 am

Ellimac25 wrote:Does this site send out emails for when Jamiroquai announces tours?

You can try signing up for the newsletter on the homepage (upper right corner).
You can also check the Shows page for regular updates: http://www.jamiroquai.com/shows
You can also access the newsletter link on the Shows page as well as the other web pages.

I would keep checking the news feed on the homepage, as there are usually very up-to-the-minute info releases there. Many times new shows are added to the news feed. It's a good source spot.

We mods will also continue to do our best at bringing you all the latest and greatest!

And believe me...I'll hopefully be the FIRST to spring any US news! :D
ErinUSA

Postby fresh_era on Thu Jan 06, 2011 7:16 am

Hello ErinUSA! Hello fellow American (and Canadian) Jamiroquai Fans! I'm so glad to know you are out there!

Each day I check to see if there is any news of a US release date for RDLS, because there will be no US concert dates without a US release! I went to the Forum gig in London in October, and I would gladly travel again, but it's a very expensive hobby to fly overseas just to see Jamiroquai (it was so worth it, though)! Tonight I reviewed all of the venues they played during the last two tours. WHEN they come to the US and Canada (not "if" but "when") they will likely play at the kind of intimate venues that we all love, so that is a definite advantage over seeing them in a massive stadium, imo.

I'd like to share an excerpt from an article featured in the November 2010 online business magazine called mad.co.uk. The article features some clear insight into the science behind where Jamiroquai books their gigs. Please read it, and share it with every US Jamiroquai fan you know. Get them tweeting, get them clicking, and get Jamiroquai to take notice that America LOVES them, and wants them BACK! Cheers, love and I'll see you at the concerts! ♥ xxx

Case study: Jamiroquai plans tour using web data
Next year, Jamiroquai's comeback world tour will be plotted using data from the huge pockets of social media interest in countries where record sales have flatlined.

Neil Cartwright, head of digital at entertainment marketing agency Media Junction, has worked with the band for 15 years and enabled its site for analytics around five years ago. Google Analytics, Facebook Insights, YouTube Insights, Last.fm, Alexa and Social Mention are now among the services Cartwright monitors. "We've built up a huge amount of data, which we've submitted to the label Mercury and the booking agent ITB," he says.

"We know where people are, which pages they look at and for how long, and their demographics. Jay Kay has just played two festivals in South America, partly because the Facebook analytics demonstrated that there was an enormous fanbase over there.

"Analytics from Google and Facebook are now instrumental in where bands play," Cartwright adds. "If you were looking at CD sales alone, the level of piracy in some countries would mean you wouldn't know where half your fans were."
fresh_era

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:39 pm

Awesome Fresh_era! Thanks for the info on the research. But all research (and stats) are somewhat flawed. Not every fan is on FB or Tweets. Some people don't even use the computer.

And their method would be greatly flawed if they were waiting for the U.S. fans to tweet before a U.S. release! Release the album, then wait to see the reaction.

Law of motion "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".
(but I'm no science major!) :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby fresh_era on Thu Jan 06, 2011 5:51 pm

Giba7 wrote:Awesome Fresh_era! Thanks for the info on the research. But all research (and stats) are somewhat flawed. Not every fan is on FB or Tweets. Some people don't even use the computer.

And their method would be greatly flawed if they were waiting for the U.S. fans to tweet before a U.S. release! Release the album, then wait to see the reaction.

Law of motion "for every action there is an equal and opposite reaction".
(but I'm no science major!) :lol:

You're right, Giba7 - analytics aren't everything, and I doubt the US release will be determined by how many Americans are currently googling Jamiroquai. But I'm *hoping* that once the album is released here, US fans will set the web on FIRE with our interest, the same way fans do in other parts of the world. The analytics angle gives me new hope, and makes me feel that my online contributions are making at least a small differnce in letting the band know that American fans LOVE them, miss them, and are anxiously awaiting their return!!! Cheers to you! xxx
fresh_era

Postby Felize on Wed Jan 26, 2011 11:14 pm

fresh_era wrote:The analytics angle gives me new hope, and makes me feel that my online contributions are making at least a small differnce in letting the band know that American fans LOVE them, miss them, and are anxiously awaiting their return!!! Cheers to you! xxx

yes! 100%
Felize

Previous

Return to 2009/2010 Concerts