Home
Jamiroquai

What Jamiroquai things have you made?

General chat and meaningful discussion about Jamiroquai. News about Jamiroquai should be posted and discussed here.

What Jamiroquai things have you made?

Postby maria-lujza on Wed Dec 06, 2006 9:31 pm

Hi people,

I am basically a virgin to this forum... I never thought I would post anything here, but I couldn't help myself after I had a crazy evening. You see that Christmas is coming up and in Norway (that's where I'm from) we make gingerbread houses, men, women, pigs, etc. So I decided to make some. But after not having made this for years, I found out that we had really boring premade shapes at home, no men, women nor pigs!!! Therefore I decided to make my own shape. I went nuts! I actually made the Buffalo Man logo!!! And for my very first attempt, I think it turned out pretty sweet :wink:

I have no bloody idea how to post an image here so I am being really kind to all of you hardcore fans (and not) by giving you my myspace page. Who knows, maybe my gingerbread buffalo man will give me new friends? You can also see the result of the attempt on making Jay's Enzo. If he would see it, he would die!!! I like it though... some of you might think I am lobotomized, but who cares :D Life's too short to take everything seriously. That's why I love to do weird "ungrown-up" stuff like that. You never know untill you try. www.myspace.com/zavodny

I also want to ask you people whether you have made something, as a tribute to Jamiroquai? I don't mean the chliché stuff like pictures on the computer or paintings or drawings, but something like my gingerbread logo... Please share it :) I am so eager to see...
maria-lujza

Postby samantha1170 on Wed Dec 06, 2006 11:22 pm

Here are your photos from your Myspace Maria...

To post the photos on here, just right hand click on your photo and go to 'properties' and then copy the URL and paste it here. Then once you've pasted it in your message, just highlight it and click the 'IMG' button and it should come up as a photo :) :) :)

Also a HUGE welcome to the forum :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby zaratino on Thu Dec 07, 2006 8:10 am

yumi!!! even though i am very hungry...i would spare these two cookies!!!
look really great! ;)
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby maria-lujza on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:14 am

Thanks Samantha!

Now I should know how to post pictures. It seems easier than I thought :oops:
I see you are from Melbourne so I just wanted to say that Melbourne is a beautiful city. I went there when I was living in Brisbane, but I am starting another topic so just wanted to say that it's my favourite place out of all the places I've been to in Oz :D
maria-lujza

Postby maria-lujza on Thu Dec 07, 2006 9:18 am

Oh and to zaratino,

yes, I am really starting to think that I won't eat the buffalo man. I just think it looks so good, but the Enzo... hmmm.... I think it looks worthy enough to be eaten.
maria-lujza

Postby euges on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:17 am

Gingerbread buffalo man is awesome!!
euges
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:55 am

looks great! :!:
i remember someone doing a birthday jamiroquai cake one year ago ..that one also looked fantastic
Sandriche

Postby sarah-5 on Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:34 am

Wow! Why didn't I think of this when I was baking gingerbread a couple of days ago :(
sarah-5
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:53 pm

samantha1170 wrote:Here are your photos from your Myspace Maria...

To post the photos on here, just right hand click on your photo and go to 'properties' and then copy the URL and paste it here. Then once you've pasted it in your message, just highlight it and click the 'IMG' button and it should come up as a photo :) :) :)

Also a HUGE welcome to the forum :) :) :)

SAMANTHA

oooooooooooooooooo!those look very tasty!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Dancing Piano on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:28 pm

maria-lujza wrote:Oh and to zaratino,

yes, I am really starting to think that I won't eat the buffalo man. I just think it looks so good, but the Enzo... hmmm.... I think it looks worthy enough to be eaten.

Saw , you smoke chicken , too . Something wrong in the kitchen ?
Hope , you don't grill hats ?
Dancing Piano
Supersonic

Postby Dancing Piano on Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:54 pm

Dancing Piano wrote:
maria-lujza wrote:Oh and to zaratino,

Saw , you smoke chicken , too . Something wrong in the kitchen ?
Hope , you don't grill hats ?

No , please don't ... too much smoke ...just thought that
little car looked like a little cap :lol:
Dancing Piano
Supersonic

Postby legs on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:17 pm

Funny you should say that!! I just about to post this and I saw your message!!!
I make handmade cards to raise money for a charity that helps Autistic children and their families. I took cards to the recent Tottenham Court Road promotional signing and kindly JK gave me permission to use them and he also signed them for me!!! so.. now they are up for auction on ebay (see the link below) This could be a treasured gift for a fan and apart from the autograph I have left it blank so you could add 'happy bithday, xmas' or whatever you choose.

Please if you bid give generously and know you are helping families in desperate need and have to face ignorance and discrimination everyday not to mention to fight for a basic education they are entitled to- it is quite common for autistic children to be isolated, bullied and not intergrated or even taught at mainstream school. (most special schools have been closed or there are not enough of them.)

I would like to say a big THANKYOU to Jay and the band for being so kind he was an absolute gentleman to my 4yr old daughter who consequenly just had her birthday (first time I have ever seen her speachless she would not stop talking in the line beforehand) Iwasn't much better though I went red thinking he might refuse but he put me at ease. x

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... &rd=1&rd=1
legs
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:25 pm

they look beautiful!!! :D
Sandriche

Postby maria-lujza on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:31 pm

LOL :D No, I don't grill hats (Thank God!!!). To me they are sacred. Now that you said it, yes, the car looks like a cap.
maria-lujza

Postby legs on Sun Dec 10, 2006 5:59 pm

Thanks so much SANDRICHIE don't forget to tell your friends!!! My daughter is not well at the moment so I'm logging off but thanks for the feedback x
legs
Supersonic

Postby Dancing Piano on Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:20 pm

maria-lujza wrote:LOL :D No, I don't grill hats (Thank God!!!). To me they are sacred. Now that you said it, yes, the car looks like a cap.

:)
Dancing Piano
Supersonic

Postby samantha1170 on Mon Dec 11, 2006 11:09 pm

What a wonderful idea Legs - and a great cause - I hope you're able to raise lots of money and that you daughter will be better soon :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby maria-lujza on Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:02 am

Yes, I agree. The card is great :D Hope it will get a high bid! Also nice of Jay to contribute with his signature! I was just thinking... it's a bit bizarre, but it would be a bit funny if Jay bought the card for a big sum of money? Of course, that would disappoint a fan who would really want it, but still.
maria-lujza

Postby Jameerica on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:36 am

maria-lujza wrote:Yes, I agree. The card is great :D Hope it will get a high bid! Also nice of Jay to contribute with his signature! I was just thinking... it's a bit bizarre, but it would be a bit funny if Jay bought the card for a big sum of money? Of course, that would disappoint a fan who would really want it, but still.

he could sell it(or even better-just give it)to a fan
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby legs on Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:51 am

That would be a dream come true for the charity as the sponsor pulled out a few years ago and for a while they were struggling to carry on. They are a small organisation but an invaluable service to parents and autisic children. They did manage to secure some lottery funding just in time last year but with the olympics costing so much (I have nothing against the olympics) I am not sure if it will continue. The charity also has to raise a percentage of it's own funds alongside the lottery funding. so get bidding think it's an extra xmas present or the cost of a couple of drinks XXXX thanks for listening XXXXX
legs
Supersonic

Postby Dancing Piano on Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:33 am

maria-lujza wrote:LOL :D No, I don't grill hats (Thank God!!!). To me they are sacred. Now that you said it, yes, the car looks like a cap.

That black smoke always reminds me of Afrika .
What keeps people from learning ?
I've read around on the one or other forum for Authism .
There 's such a cold athmosphere . No fun at all .
Maybe there are some skilled computerfreaks between you who
can make such places more cheerful . More people would read
there I'm quite sure .
Dancing Piano
Supersonic

Postby legs on Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:38 am

Just wanted to let you all know the jamiroquai card sold for £26.11!!!!!!! I am so pleased and thanks for all your support. It will be going to charity with other money I have raised in the new year. Merry xmas everyone x
legs
Supersonic

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Dec 24, 2006 10:53 am

Great newsw Legs - so glad it sold for so much - hope you have a great Xmas too :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby myasia on Mon Jan 01, 2007 1:25 am

those are great, i'm hungry yum!
myasia
Space Cowboy

love the cookie!!

Postby mirogirl90 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:14 pm

so love the cookie !!! I would frame it , :D :D if i could!!!
mirogirl90
Supersonic

Next

Return to The Funktion Room - Jamiroquai Chat