Home
Jamiroquai

Suspicious SCAM

Talk about the funk. Albums, singles, music videos, remixes, etc.

Suspicious SCAM

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Fri Dec 28, 2007 4:42 pm

I discovered this accidentally 10 minutes ago,searching James Brown things on You Tube.Maybe some of you know that the "Rock me again n again n again" thing is from
Lyn Collins - Rock me again n again n again

But listen carefully to the song, in fact its similar to Scam, the first part (Funky Paradiso - Scam), the guitar is the horn section in Scam...Pls listen to it...and tell me your opinion...Its very very suspicious

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4PQEzxry ... re=related

:D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Knjaz Milos on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:02 pm

You're talking as if TWM didn't pick up the bassline from Larry Graham's "Bullet", that some part of VI sounds unlike Stevie Wonder's "Samurai", that Roy Ayers' "Runnin' Away" didn't provide the bassline for "Runaway", that WYGL wasn't based on Johnny "Hammond" Smith's "Los Conquistadores Chocolates" and that the descending flugelhorn line in EOPE wasn't taken from Sly Stone's "If You Want Me To Stay".
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:06 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:You're talking as if TWM didn't pick up the bassline from Larry Graham's "Bullet", that some part of VI sounds unlike Stevie Wonder's "Samurai", that Roy Ayers' "Runnin' Away" didn't provide the bassline for "Runaway", that WYGL wasn't based on Johnny "Hammond" Smith's "Los Conquistadores Chocolates" and that the descending flugelhorn line in EOPE wasn't taken from Sly Stone's "If You Want Me To Stay".

TWM is from Larry Graham - Pow... and I know for the other songs to, we talked about them, you told us , but I asked what you think about this song, do you find something similar to SCAM....
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Knjaz Milos on Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:31 pm

I can't hear the guitar at all. And besides, the text from this song was only used to fill out the 'Rapper's Delight' cover as you need 3 people for that song.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Fri Dec 28, 2007 8:22 pm

whatever, guitar or synth, thats very similar to Scam, its in the beginning, you can hear it...I didnt say nothing about the text, its nothing wrong to do that, I just wanted the jamirofans to know that (Im sure you knew that) so its just for information and a little evidence which makes Scam suspicious... :D :D :D So dont listen to me, listen the song... :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:16 am

haha nice topic kiddies..!
FunkEducation

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:20 am

FunkEducation wrote:haha nice topic kiddies..!

:x 8)
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:27 am

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:

:x 8)

:wink: :wink:
FunkEducation

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:28 am

Ok :wink:
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:29 am

haha see ya bro! i'm gonna sleep! haha xD
FunkEducation

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Dec 30, 2007 10:32 am

Ok then,sweet dreams :D :D :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Janluka on Sat Jan 19, 2008 8:32 pm

..you forgot "could heaven ever be like this" by Idris Muhammad for Love Foolosophy and "you can't do it alone" by Chic for Seven Days In Sunny June..
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Jan 20, 2008 11:17 am

Janluka wrote:..you forgot "could heaven ever be like this" by Idris Muhammad for Love Foolosophy and "you can't do it alone" by Chic for Seven Days In Sunny June..

OMG :shock: :shock: :shock: You are right mate...Especially for Idris Muhammad,OMG I can not beleive. The song is 8:41 and its not only Love Fool but obviously you can hear the Alright b-line after 1:41 but in faster tempo and higher tonality, but the same notes...

As for Chics song, its also obviously
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VakpGi4V03Q

I didn know about these songs, so I downloaded the Idris Muhammad song. If you want to hear it, you can do it from Bear Share...

Thanks Janluka
:cry: :cry:
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby Janluka on Wed Jan 23, 2008 5:57 am

..i wish to see your face when you'll listen "Super Strut" by Eumir Deodato.. ;)
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby snolan on Wed Jan 23, 2008 4:37 pm

Janluka wrote:..i wish to see your face when you'll listen "Super Strut" by Eumir Deodato.. ;)

lol cosmic girl

i think JMQ can get away with this kind of copying because they add so much of their own aswell
snolan
Supersonic

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Wed Jan 23, 2008 6:39 pm

NO COMENT for this one... :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope I will not hear stuff like this in the future...Its just disappointing becouse I REALY LOVE JAMIROQUAI and the main reason is ORIGINALITY...

Anyway, thanks JANLUKA :D
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Postby snolan on Thu Jan 24, 2008 4:19 pm

FunkODYSSEUS wrote:NO COMENT for this one... :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope I will not hear stuff like this in the future...Its just disappointing becouse I REALY LOVE JAMIROQUAI and the main reason is ORIGINALITY...

you hope you dont hear a new scam of cosmic girl? they are not even sampling they are just using a similar sound if having intros that sound a bit like another song means we can get an other song as good as scam then go for it ;P
snolan
Supersonic

Postby Janluka on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:05 am

snolan wrote:..they are not even sampling they are just using a similar sound..

..similiar?.. :?
Janluka
Supersonic

Postby FunkODYSSEUS on Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:24 am

snolan wrote:
FunkODYSSEUS wrote:NO COMENT for this one... :cry: :cry: :cry: Hope I will not hear stuff like this in the future...Its just disappointing becouse I REALY LOVE JAMIROQUAI and the main reason is ORIGINALITY...

you hope you dont hear a new scam of cosmic girl? they are not even sampling they are just using a similar sound if having intros that sound a bit like another song means we can get an other song as good as scam then go for it ;P

I think that all these things are very obviously. Idris Muhammad - Could Heaven Ever Be Like this, the b-line is completely the same as Alright, and Super Strut without any doubt is the same thing as Cosmic Girl and..........
FunkODYSSEUS
Mr Moon

Return to Music and Video