Home
Jamiroquai

What will 2008 hold for Jamiroquai?

Talk about the funk. Albums, singles, music videos, remixes, etc.

What will 2008 hold for Jamiroquai?

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Tue Dec 11, 2007 6:55 pm

Hello fellow fans,

Well, the last smoldering embers of 2007 are almost out and it's a pretty good 2007 for Jamiroquai, from the runoff success of High Times around the world to their Montreux 2003 performance FINALLY getting a proper release, and finally, finally Jamiroquai is FREE of the big labels! Anyway, what do you think 2008 will hold for Jamiroquai? A constant question I have been pondering in my freetime, well, here are a few possibilities I think could happen in the new year:

- Jamiroquai's studio on the AllDiggDown upstart pay download service goes LIVE and they start streaming live demos and unused New Material to awaiting fans through this site. Nearly all the their provisional demos from their impending first INDEPENDANT new album go out to the fans for modestly priced pay downloads ranging from .50 cents-1 dollar per.

- Jamiroquai spend most of 2008, at least the first half of it, in vigorous writing and recording of their new album, pulling out a few unexpected collaborations/returns of former bandmembers to the sessions mix. New album comes out in the UK, then stateside on or about late Summer/Winter 2008, with an expected world tour, concentrating more on "small venues" than big arenas, sponsered by name brands.

- Jamiroquai continue to innovate their Official Site and online presence by offering pay downloads of their new material via their Official Site, AllDigDown and a newly announced joining of forces with Apple Itunes. Featuring exclusive Jamiroquai pay downloads and remastered rereleases, with bonus material and new artwork, of their entire musical catalogue.

- Jamiroquai doesn't do anything except keep to themselves while working on their new album and take most of 2008 to fix out all the bugs and roaches.

There you go, I think personally Jamiroquai will spend more time embracing the internet for prospective paid and more self-controlled movement of their new music. But of course, knowing JK and the band, alot of MORE time will be spent on compositon for the new album. So I leave it to you, what do you think 2008 will hold for Jamiroquai? Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/jamiroquai
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Tue Dec 11, 2007 7:02 pm

2008 is going to be a good year. Btw I didn't know bout the iTunes thing!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Nuka_kobaxidze on Wed Dec 12, 2007 12:02 pm

I expect 2008 will be a good year :D
Nuka_kobaxidze
Supersonic

Postby Tiffinypie on Wed Dec 12, 2007 2:56 pm

I think that 2008 will be a good year for them, besides im just curious on what the new sound would be. i miss the old sound (EOPE) (ROSC). He's gonna make an album possibly with a modern jazz appeal. Kinda grown up :) And pray that there will be no more lineup changes unless ......Stu and Toby comes back. Tiffi :)
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby JamiroJay on Wed Dec 12, 2007 5:48 pm

all i can say is,roll on 2008 :D
JamiroJay
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Wed Dec 12, 2007 6:14 pm

Nuka_kobaxidze wrote:I expect 2008 will be a good year :D

i expect that too.. in every sense :mrgreen:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby MissyM on Thu Dec 13, 2007 5:32 am

i am a big user of itunes.. easy to use and usually has the songs and artists you want.. I hope they release some new songs in '08.. looking forward to it.. :P :P
MissyM
Supersonic

Postby Nuka_kobaxidze on Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:29 am

Yeah i hope they will realise new album and inform us about touring :D
Nuka_kobaxidze
Supersonic

Postby GAV001 on Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:41 pm

I hope the new album has a fresh new sound that we haven't heard from them before. Some touring would be nice but i think thats asking too much.
GAV001

Return to Music and Video