Home
Jamiroquai

No U.S./South American Fans can enter "Gig In Sky"

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

No U.S./South American Fans can enter "Gig In Sky"

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Mon Jan 22, 2007 10:57 pm

Hello Ol' Jami BB,

:) Good to see the "independant Jamiroquai" renovation has moved to the Ol' Official BBS, looks real nice and I feel quite comfortable here :). Anyway, well aware of the MULTITUDE of the contests that are taking place for the upcoming, sure to break a Guinness Record "Gig In The Sky", there continues to be one small figment of it that bothers me OR merely irks me slightly. The sheer fact that yet again, me and my fellow North/South American fans have been "shutout" of taking part, being involved in or EVEN entering this and the many contests connected to the "Gig In The Sky". Now I know that with the new "looking for corporate sponsers to maintain our NON-large record labels supported lifestyles", the ability to control whom can enter a corporate run contest, pushing their own products while using the Jamiroquai image and logo is solely under their discretion but, much like the recent and highly successful Mean Fiddler/Electric Proms gigs, don't you think we fans overseas deserve a little...even miniscule shot at representing our countries, I.E. terroritories of fans at this important gig. I mean, it would really mean the world to us fans if at least some of the "major Jamiroquai related contests" were more "fair & balanced" so fans from all over the world can attend....or at least go under the trouble and enter the contest without a long lag of endless "confirmation this" and "wait for this e-mail" garbage...the "Gig In The Sky" contest connected DIRECTLY to Sony Ericcson have been confusing and annoying us all! Anyway, I don't mean to sound mean or crass or even delusional, I'm just a little sick of the absolute forgetfulness of us fans in "less commerically significant sections" of the world. I do after all have to apologize for my candor whenever I come on the Official BBS and vent my frustrations out, and for whomever finds what I say slightly offend OR self-centered, I am sorry. I just want all fans to have a equal playing ground and a equal chance to enter contests without limitations, the main limitation being not being where the good music is. Thank you for listening and I hope all the fans in Europe, Northern Africa and the Middle East whom win 1 of the 700 potential seats on the Sony Ericsson modified 757 have a grand time at the "Gig In The Sky". Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Jan 23, 2007 2:59 am

I know exactly how you feel - being Australian, we're even further away from Europe than you guys lol :) Most of the contests are for UK/Europe and it is disheartening for us hard-core fans who don't live in those countries as we can't enter the contests. I just hope that fans from the JMQ forums win some of the contests as I know that they will truly appreciate it :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby duki on Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:05 pm

I know how you both feel. I am not elligible to enter the competition being from Montenegro.
Yeah, I'd love to see people from this forum win the tickets! :D
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby Galka on Mon Jan 29, 2007 11:47 pm

I can't think about anything else, just about this concert, but it's absolutly impossible win this ticket((only 200 people((((
Galka
Mr Moon

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:15 am

Don't feel alone Galka - there's a lot of us that can't enter the competition, it's disappointing that we can't but my only wish is that true JMQ fans win the tickets, like people from the forum who would truly appreciate the tickets :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby zaratino on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:49 am

well i have the possibility but i just couldn't succeed in doing it...
i have tried so many times to apply, but it just didn't work...
i am already crazy .... there are only 2 more days to apply!!!!

i'll just keep on trying!!!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby Jameerica on Tue Jan 30, 2007 11:50 am

no bosnian fans can enter either!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby zaratino on Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:53 pm

i did it!!!! yyyyeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!

now i only have to win a ticket!!!! which is like nothing comparing to the effort i took to apply! :lol:
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby Sonja on Tue Jan 30, 2007 6:31 pm

I did it too and if I win so I go as Austin Powers LOL Yeah baby..........You can imagine the music video from Madonna with Austin? Yeah baby I do it also hahaha......rrrrrrrrrr
Sonja
Supersonic

Postby Galka on Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:53 pm

Good luck to all of u!!I believe in u , i wish someone from JPP win ticket))))
Galka
Mr Moon

Postby aretha_sanchez on Tue Jan 30, 2007 8:08 pm

duki wrote:I know how you both feel. I am not elligible to enter the competition being from Montenegro.
Yeah, I'd love to see people from this forum win the tickets! :D

:wink:

Same here,, but im from mexico
It will be the most incredible experience for those who win

But, beliieve me ,....
I am "on the sky"... every time I enjoy jamiroquai´s music...

this last days specially.. with..and WHERE DO WE GO FROM HERE, BLOW MY MIND, etc etc..etc :!: :!: :!:

It´s like to be on a rocket..
like to jump with a parachute!
etc. etc..!!! :!: :!: :!:

love from MX!!!
aretha_sanchez

Return to Older Concert Reviews