Home
Jamiroquai

JAMIROQUAI IN Rotterdam, North Sea Jazz JULY 14th

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

JAMIROQUAI IN Rotterdam, North Sea Jazz JULY 14th

Postby Sandriche on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:31 pm

i phoned with meike some mintues before..but it was too loud so she smsed me the setlist

Canned Heat
Space Cowboy
Revolution
Dynamite
Soul Education
Alright
TWM
High times
Use the force
Black Capricorn Day
Love foolosophy
Main vain
Time won´t wait

ANNA aka jamiroquanna cosmic mouse and LLCoolJr. were definately first row..hope to hear your reviews soon..!! :D
Natalie!!!could u make it too???
:D
Last edited by Sandriche on Mon Jul 17, 2006 3:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandriche

Postby yougivemesomething on Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:53 pm

poooh, they didnt play ygms, thank god :P
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Fri Jul 14, 2006 8:29 pm

i thought of u when i heard it´s again on the setlist :D :D :D

edited: ygms..WHAT? i read your message wrong...it was on the setlist of france...i thought u would be happy to hear that? are u okay? and why did u disappear?
Last edited by Sandriche on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sandriche

Postby samantha1170 on Sat Jul 15, 2006 4:03 am

Here's some photos of the concert...

Enjoy :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:39 am

samantha..u are a miracle to me...thanks for your latest news :D
Sandriche

Postby Janluka on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:19 pm

Janluka
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:28 pm

:D :D :D

thanks so much janluka

people it´s worth to download it...!
Sandriche

My Review

Postby LLCoolJR on Mon Jul 17, 2006 1:56 pm

Hi everybody!

Finally I'm able to post something in this topic! In fact, I could post earlier, but I decided to wait a little.

Thanks to Meike for putting up the detailed review with all the things in it I would have liked to say. I'll try to write a review from my point of view and with my expressions in it. I'll keep it short and will add some things Meike hasn't mentioned.

8:00-11:30

Driving to Rotterdam. Jamiroquai is coming out of my speakers.

11:30-16:30

Meeting Meike at the station. What we wanted before is becoming real: we are the first two persons in the queue (in fact we ARE the queue). Always a special moment. Now the waiting can begin.
One hour later we met Anna and Rachael. Now we have a queue of four people!
Funny thing is that so many people are asking me questions about accreditation, parking, the festival, where to work, etc. Very cool to answer the questions and they really believed I was working there. Every time a person entered the hall, he or she walked straight to me and asked his or her question.
And then, a few hours later I think, Ester showed up. Very good to see her again. Made me think of Brussels again. Later on we also met the other fans from the forum (Natalie, René, Peggy). Very cool to see the faces behind the nicknames.
When the time is ticking away towards 16:30 I'm becoming more and more nervous. The hall with the queue is packed of people now. We have to make it front row!
And then the people of Ahoy who have to scan our tickets are checking the gates. They are able to open every door, but they couldn't open mine! This was making me very nervous! A girl tried to open it first, but they didn't manage to open it, then a guy came to help, but he couldn't open it either. At last a big, powerful guy showed up and tried to open it. It took some minutes, but then it finally opens, what a relief!

16:30-18:30

Going inside. We have to be quick! My ticket is scanned and I want to run, but a girl from the festival is holding me. "You have to wait until we get the sign." By an other gate I saw a guy slipping through, so I said: "..and what about him?" And I walked on and ran to the hall where Jamiroquai would play. We had to wait in front of that hall again. It took some time the other Jamiroquai fans showed up because of the troubles at the gates.
We had to wait again before we could ran to the stage. We made it! Front row!

18:30-20:00

Showtime! The band is right on time, ready to play one hour and a half.

Enter The Dragon

Nothing special.

Canned Heat

It still is a great beginning of a concert. The volume at the beginning of the song wasn't very hard, but they turned it up later.

Space Cowboy

Rob's giving away a great solo in this quite long version of the track which is mindblowing. It is the version we all know from the bootlegs, but live it is way different and so good!

Revolution

No Cosmic Girl this time, but a nice version of Revolution. Nothing special.

Dynamite

Dynamite is back on the setlist! One of my highlights of the night. Long, jazzy version with an excellent Matt. The girls are great aswell this track.
They have to keep this one on the setlist for London.

Soul Education

Big surprise! Not the rocky version we know from Montreux 2003, but a version closer to the album version. Very jazzy and again Matt is doing a good job, especially when he plays the break. Very cool. Loved this track.

Alright

Standard version.

Travelling Without Moving

The absolute hightlight of the night. What a great version it is. Very close to the Montreux 2002 one, but hearing it live is way better than listening to a bootleg. Thumbs up for Paul who is really amazing. Later on, Derrick says about it that they played TWM at the last few gigs, but that the versions weren't brilliant. He admitted that this night, TWM was the best one they performed over the gigs they did. Good to hear.

High Times

Nice one. Rocky and without brass. Still feels strange, but the middle part, the break is good. Jay improvising and scatting!

Use The Force

Crazy version! Very hard, very loud and great to hear some little changes in the rythm section. Another highlight for me. It was almost blowing me away. Loud, loud...

Black Capricorn Day

Nice one. The camera was in my face a lot during this track, which was giving an extra dimension to it for me. Still the standard version. But the 'Hey's' are making it cool.

Love Foolosophy

They changed the intro, how cool! Matt is playing the intro, very nice. In the middle part Matt improvises a little bit and I recognized some differences so I put my thumb up to him. He saw it and showed this appreciation. Later on Jay was recognizing the differences and showed Matt his appreciation aswell. Very funny moment. Jay never joins the rehearsals, so when the band is playing tracks a little bit different, he is hearing that only during the gig.
Jazzy version of the track.

Time Won't Wait

Of course the little part of Main Vein is the outro for LF and the intro for TWW. Nice one, nothing special. Good to hear this one and not DU, which I haven't missed at all.

20:00-22:30

"Your face was on the big screens all the time!" René told me when the gig was finished. I never realised that there were screens and that we were on that all the time. Very funny.

Now everything is over. Maybe we can go backstage? Would be a nice extra. Let's wait.

22:30-1:15

We made it! Waited a long time, almost lost our hope to make it, but in the end we've been picked up by Derrick to come backstage.
What a nice people the bandmembers are! Derrick: nice and very funny. Paul: honest and very nice. Sola: cool and very funny. The girls walking in and out all the time. Very special to be there. Surreal. Another highlight of the night.

1:15-4:00

Driving home. Tired. Exhausted. Glad to be home safe. What a night! Thanks everybody who was there and who's made this all possible.
In one word: unforgettable!

Jeroen

Edit: I wanted to keep it short, but I see I failed. Sorry! :wink:
LLCoolJR

NSJ

Postby gabirokwaai on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:01 pm

Great Gig!!!and I was lucky to see the soundcheck as well!! They played different songs than the show, like Hot Tequila Brown, Stillness in Time and Virtual Insanity for example!!

who was the girl with the "indian feathers"on her head? Nice,.... and that was what the camara man was thinking as well!!!
gabirokwaai

NSJ

Postby gabirokwaai on Mon Jul 17, 2006 2:13 pm

by the way,.... who locked my topic?? and what can I do about it???

:lol:
gabirokwaai

Postby Sandriche on Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:51 pm

lol..that was me because we had already a thread about it..glad u had a great time!!! :D

ps.:u can´t do anything about it :lol:
Sandriche

Postby yougivemesomething on Mon Jul 17, 2006 8:57 pm

where can i find the video of the night?
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby LLCoolJR on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:36 pm

....ever heard of jamirotalk.net? better forum, with all the information you need to know! :wink:
LLCoolJR

Postby Sandriche on Mon Jul 17, 2006 9:38 pm

8) :D
Sandriche

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Jul 18, 2006 3:01 am

Here are some more photos from the concert...

ALSO

There's videos of JMQ performing 'Soul Education' & 'TWM' from the concert at YouTube (thx to Jake70s)...

Soul Education - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9UM_SXRf8

TWM - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dkQvi0LAdh4

Enjoy :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Janluka on Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:24 pm

Janluka
Supersonic

Postby Slugger Burt on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:12 pm

how do i set a darn avatar on this board? i'd like to put up a picture
Slugger Burt

Postby Sandriche on Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:13 pm

1. Adding/Changing/Removing your avatar:

1) On the top of any page, click on profile. You will be taken to Jamiroquai.com.

2) Log in under your forum username and password.

3) Click on 'Click here to edit your account details.'.
NOTE: You can also edit other account details from the control panel... Obviously...

4) Go to the bottom of the page, and click 'Click here to edit other bulletin board details'.

5) Scroll to the bottom of the page, and find the 'Show Gallery' button.

6) Click the radio button under the image of a cover and then click 'Select avatar'.
NOTE: There are two galleries of images, one with the album covers, and a one with the singles. To jump between galleries, click on the 'Select category' button, and then click 'Go'.
==== :wink:
Sandriche

Return to Older Concert Reviews