Home
Jamiroquai

Georgia, Tbilisi, Tbilisi Jazz Festival

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

Georgia, Tbilisi, Tbilisi Jazz Festival

Postby Presence on Sat Jun 24, 2006 4:40 pm

It was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen.
I'm shocked.
Duration of the concert was 2 hours and 10 minutes. As Jason said concert in Tbilisi will remain the longest concert of this tour.

During 2 hours and 10 minutes Philharmonic Concert Hall of Tbilisi was crashing down. It was the most exiting, the most beautiful, the most amazing event I've ever seen in my life. I was just happy looking this band on stage.

Also, as it seemed the members of the band were satisfied and pleased. Band members said that they will be back again :D

The culmination of the concert was when the band came back on stage on "bis" and played "Deeper Underground". It seemed that hall was ready to crash down. Amazing sound of this song made us to jump like zombies during the whole composition.

It was the most estonishing experience that I've ever had and I will not forget this in my life.

Space Cowboy and the band will remain in georgians hearts for ever ...
Last edited by Presence on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:39 am, edited 2 times in total.
Presence

Postby oto_oto123 on Sat Jun 24, 2006 10:02 pm

i was there too. GREAT CONCERET. I AM REALLY HAPPIEST PERSON ON THIS WORLD.

HOPE TO SEE THEM AGAIN. THANKS JAY.
oto_oto123

Postby Happy on Sun Jun 25, 2006 11:05 pm

Isn't it a funny thing that Jamiroquai became the headliners of JAZZ FESTIVAL?..:)
The concert in Saint-Petersburg was not a jazz concert. Absolutely:) But maybe they've played something like jazz in Tbilisi?
Happy

Postby Presence on Mon Jun 26, 2006 12:36 am

Happy wrote:Isn't it a funny thing that Jamiroquai became the headliners of JAZZ FESTIVAL?..:)

No it's not :D beacuse the most popular definition of Jamiroquai's music genre is Acid Jazz :)

Maybe for someone it will be interesting that on this festival will also perform:
Herbie Hancock Quintet, Freddy Cole Quartet, The Three Ladies Of Blues and Tbilisi Big Band
Presence

Postby Presence on Mon Jun 26, 2006 3:01 pm

Tbilisi concert

Image Image
Presence

Have a pic with JAY! :)

Postby djLulu on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:35 am

JAmiroquai's concert was my dream and it came true. I did not believe that they'd arrive in our country and it was really shocking event! The concert was SOMETHING, i felt every beat and every bass section. Jay was great. the most important thing happened before the concert. i met JAy on the press conference and was staring at him almost 20 minutes :)))) and then i had a great chance to have a pic with him. so now i the luckiest person in Tbilisi :D JAY love u so much. as i told you that day "i've seen u in my dreams, and my dream came true" hope to meet you in future. LULU
djLulu

Have a pic with JAY! :)

Postby djLulu on Tue Jun 27, 2006 5:36 am

JAmiroquai's concert was my dream and it came true. I did not believe that they'd arrive in our country and it was really shocking event! The concert was SOMETHING, i felt every beat and every bass section. Jay was great. the most important thing happened before the concert. i met JAy on the press conference and was staring at him almost 20 minutes :)))) and then i had a great chance to have a pic with him. so now i am the luckiest person in Tbilisi :D JAY love u so much. as i told you that day "i've seen u in my dreams, and my dream came true" hope to meet you in future. LULU
djLulu

Postby Happy on Tue Jun 27, 2006 8:05 am

Acid jazz... Jamiroguai played acid jazz 10 years ago... Now this style is dead, and the music of Jamiroguai is smth like funky pop and disco. St Peterspurg concert had got only a shade of acid jazz... Maybe they've played another music in Tbilisi? :)
Happy

Re: Have a pic with JAY! :)

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Jun 27, 2006 10:13 am

djLulu wrote:i met JAy on the press conference and was staring at him almost 20 minutes :)))) and then i had a great chance to have a pic with him.

How lucky that you were able to meet them (I still haven't been able too yet), but it'll be great if you could post the photo for us all :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Presence on Wed Jun 28, 2006 2:08 am

Happy wrote:Acid jazz... Jamiroguai played acid jazz 10 years ago... Now this style is dead, and the music of Jamiroguai is smth like funky pop and disco. St Peterspurg concert had got only a shade of acid jazz... Maybe they've played another music in Tbilisi? :)

The songs they played (many of them) was written 10 years ago :wink:
:D
Presence

Postby lafly on Mon Jul 03, 2006 9:24 am

Yeh but most of the songs have been reworked to such an extent (also without horns), that I wouldn't really classify Jamiroquai's current playing syle as Acid Jazz.
Anyway, Acid Jazz is an old term and most of the bands that played when it was popular have either brolen up or reworked their sound with the changing times.
lafly

Postby Presence on Mon Jul 03, 2006 1:23 pm

lafly wrote:Yeh but most of the songs have been reworked to such an extent (also without horns), that I wouldn't really classify Jamiroquai's current playing syle as Acid Jazz.
Anyway, Acid Jazz is an old term and most of the bands that played when it was popular have either brolen up or reworked their sound with the changing times.

yeh you're right.
But Jamiroquais concert was the best. Herbie's aslo one of the greatest, but his concerts wasn't such great.
Presence

Postby S.vani on Fri Aug 11, 2006 4:33 pm

Hey Georgians! that unforgettable day will be in our minds forever! many thanks to Eastern Promotion! and many many thanks to jamiroquai for that amazing conert! jamiroquai!!!
S.vani

hi there

Postby SpaceCowboyPal on Sat Sep 23, 2006 9:47 am

DJ Luli..u funk.....you really are the luckiest...but I'm not..concertis dros aq ar vikavi da ver cavedi..that's ok..I'll see him in England:)
SpaceCowboyPal

Postby magdkay on Sat Jul 14, 2007 9:17 am

Dj LULU...Yes u r soo lucckyyy...:( I wish I met himmmm... I wasn't at the concert ...I haadn't got any tickets...:(( I wish Jamiroquai came backk to georgia... :)
magdkay
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Sun Jul 15, 2007 6:39 pm

yep , you lcky guys !
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Nuka_kobaxidze on Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:17 am

I was in italy omg and i couldnot go :((((((( i HOPE THEY WILL COME BACK
Nuka_kobaxidze
Supersonic

Postby Cosmic Girl on Thu Dec 27, 2007 3:24 pm

the best gig that I had was the GIG IN THE SKY we were all like a huge family there. Good vibes
Cosmic Girl

Return to Older Concert Reviews