Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai.....simply amazing guys to meet

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

Postby DJ Romeo on Fri Jan 27, 2006 8:32 pm

Kev, what up, it me Dave aka DJ Romeo. Nice pics, This is my first time seeing this post. Where have I been? Yo, we should meet up and DJ.
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

NYC Oct 05 - more than sensational!!!!

Postby gorgeousborges on Mon Jan 30, 2006 6:00 am

Hello everyone, hope the new year started Dynamite!!!!!!!!!!

Just wanted to share my amazing experience with Jamiroquai - I know it's a bit late to post but this lifestlye only has 24 hours a day...better now than never.
----------------
Monday's concert was awesome, a group of us came from Miami Beach (12)..Wilma came by and left us all stuck in the city the rest of the week - hehe!!

All my friends..well - losers - they left me in an attempt to catch a last flight to florida..they got stuck in Philly - LOL

Anyway, I decided to go alone again on Tuesday. Guessing I would find a ticket - notice one girl and asked her if she would care to sell me the ticket.. she say NO you may have it for FREE! (holy sh*t!)

Im in! - of course i buy her a drink and the drifting date ( i behaved)...

So I decided since monday was a pain in the ass at the bar, im asking for doubles by the pair! ~~~~~~~ ooo yeeaah.

*** Had a great spot by the stage gate - somehow a joint wander by and got my attention - sweet!

ooboy...more drinks.. and at the bar i meet someone involved with the event. Cool Cat, bought one of his t-shirts and he was more than nice enough to give me a VIP back stage pass!! SUPER DYNAMITE BABY~

Jay and the band - the bomb.. just like that. I called my DJ gf (Miss Sixty Ecuador)) and passed the phone around for her to get acquainted too :wink: - her brains splattered all over the wall - she was speechless.

Finally, since my best friend is the GM at BED - well I was lucky enough for the last time to get a bed next Jamiroquai's (those chorus girls are hilarious!!!!! - especially mama - she knows who I'm talking about) - - - I couldn't drink anymore and had to call it a nite!!! ~ amen.

I'll never forget it - thanks Jamiroquai.

Rafael
gorgeousborges

Postby deesh on Thu Feb 02, 2006 3:05 am

hey rafael - your friends shoulda just hopped the train from philly (that's where i live).
great experience and story. we would have HAD to run into each other, because we were in the bed next to jay too and backstage on tuesday.

dope experience wasn't it? happy you had a great time and hope to see you in new york for another lovely journey...

deesh
deesh
Supersonic

Postby gorgeousborges on Thu Feb 02, 2006 4:20 am

Hey deesh, awesome to hear that you were there too! - perhaps we did see each other..

I took a couple of people with me from back stage to BED. Shonda, Krista and her friend - was that you?

I recall talking to few people hanging around the BED but then I just remember leaving and getting stopped in the elevator (packed with people) to sign my credit card - everyone thougt I was skipping the bill but they didn't know my buddy was the boss - I was laughing at them tootally wasted ..

It was great :-) Do you have any pictures? Can you email them to me - rafael@techcalm.com? I'll send you some of mine.

R.
gorgeousborges

Postby deesh on Thu Feb 02, 2006 12:24 pm

nah, that wasn't us. i was with 2 other girls, but those aren't their names.

i will send the link to the photo album i have online from that night. we didn't take pictures at BED because we had no more film left! we had taken so many pictures between monday - tuesday.

no getting trashed for me. we are good girls...cranberry juice and water all night :) ..hahaha, it's true!

anyway, check mail in about 2 hours or so.
deesh
Supersonic

Postby gorgeousborges on Thu Feb 02, 2006 1:46 pm

super sweet - I'll wait for the email... I'll you send mine too 8)

Rafael
gorgeousborges

Postby smashlips on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:29 pm

Transpose! I remember you and your girlfriend! During the first show, I was behind you guys and a little to the right. I was living in NYC at the time, and my mom flew up from Kentucky to see Jamiroquai with me! I really considered buying a ticket for the next night as well, but passed ONLY because I figured I'd be so tired from dancing like a crazy fool the first night that I'd miss the second one. It turns out I was right (about the dancing part and ensuing exhaustion).

I was the girl wearing a black t-shirt with a hot pink Batman logo on it. I was also wearing a hat the whole time. People were so squished together in the front that there wasn't *really* room to dance, but being a 6-year veteran of the NYC club scene (I'm a househead), by God, I MADE ROOM by tearin' it up like I was on a dancefloor with 10 square feet of "personal space," hahah. After the second song, this dude behind me was like, "Can you please STOP HITTING ME with your purse?" So I put my purse on the floor, but continued dancing the same way, lol. (Dear dude who was attacked by my oversized purse: if you're out there, I'm sorry for annoying the hell out of you.) BEST NIGHT OF MY LIFE.

After the show, when the crowd was clearing out, I ran into my all-time favorite bartender in NYC (now part owner of my all-time favorite lounge in NYC), and he was wearing a VIP badge! ARRRG! I'm still jealous of you, Matty!

To anyone who was there: you can find me at www.myspace.com/smashlips.
smashlips

Postby smashlips on Wed Jun 21, 2006 7:47 pm

Oh, and if that isn't enough of a testament as to how awesome my mom is, she went with me to Limelight for Richie Hawtin a few years prior. :D
smashlips

Previous

Return to Older Concert Reviews