Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai.....simply amazing guys to meet

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

Jamiroquai.....simply amazing guys to meet

Postby Dj Transpose on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:19 am

Hello everyone! :D I had the pleasure of seeing Jamiroquai live again for the two shows in NYC. I did see them 9/10/01 (which was my first show), but this time I knew something special was going to happen. My girlfriend and I along with some newly acquainted friends (David, Chena, Claudia, Deesha, Karl etc.) had the opportunity to chill with the band in the VIP room of the Nokia Theatre after the 2nd show!!! Jay was quite busy, so my girlfriend Hillary and I pretty much hung out with Matt and Rob and David Rowe. It was sooo cool to talk to Matt about equipment he uses and how much that second NYC show meant to himself and the band. It was a dream to hang out with them, words cant explain what I was feeling. When I got back home today I had to Dj, so my last song of the night was Canned Heat and I made an announcement that I went to both the NYC shows and that I actually met Jamiroquai, and a few people afterwards told me how lucky I was and how cool it had to be to chill with them. Also Matt wrote about my girlfriend and I in his blog!! Which was totally freaking wicked!! We were the guy/girl in the crazy hats! :lol: So it does go to show that nothing is impossible. I know alot of people especially around the globe would have loved that opportunity to meet Jamiroquai, and meeting them was nothing short then amazing :mrgreen:

P.s. You can check out some pics at www.myspace.com/djtranspose
Dj Transpose

Postby girlfromipanema on Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:08 pm

Dj Transpose, my husband and I were right behind you and your girlfriend during the show (NYC-Tuesday). You guys were so cute together with the Jamiroquai t-shirts and matching black hats! How cool is that to hang with the guys after the show ?!!!! (great pictures) I’m soooo jealous……
I guess we’ll all be there again in march.
Last edited by girlfromipanema on Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
girlfromipanema

Re: Jamiroquai.....simply amazing guys to meet

Postby mihija on Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:17 pm

Hey.do you guys care to share how you got to be so lucky :o .. anybody who made it back stage or in a vip room? Was it a contest, being the the front row..

Share the love :D

Dj Transpose wrote:Hello everyone! :D I had the pleasure of seeing Jamiroquai live again for the two shows in NYC. I did see them 9/10/01 (which was my first show), but this time I knew something special was going to happen. My girlfriend and I along with some newly acquainted friends (David, Chena, Claudia, Deesha, Karl etc.) had the opportunity to chill with the band in the VIP room of the Nokia Theatre after the 2nd show!!! Jay was quite busy, so my girlfriend Hillary and I pretty much hung out with Matt and Rob and David Rowe. It was sooo cool to talk to Matt about equipment he uses and how much that second NYC show meant to himself and the band. It was a dream to hang out with them, words cant explain what I was feeling. When I got back home today I had to Dj, so my last song of the night was Canned Heat and I made an announcement that I went to both the NYC shows and that I actually met Jamiroquai, and a few people afterwards told me how lucky I was and how cool it had to be to chill with them. Also Matt wrote about my girlfriend and I in his blog!! Which was totally freaking wicked!! We were the guy/girl in the crazy hats! :lol: So it does go to show that nothing is impossible. I know alot of people especially around the globe would have loved that opportunity to meet Jamiroquai, and meeting them was nothing short then amazing :mrgreen:

mihija

Postby fraumond on Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:51 pm

Dude, how lucky are you?! I bow down before you guys, you and your girlfriend rock. I hope i'm as lucky tonight at the TO show.
fraumond

Postby Dj Transpose on Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:53 pm

[quote="mihija"]Hey.do you guys care to share how you got to be so lucky :o .. anybody who made it back stage or in a vip room? Was it a contest, being the the front row..

Share the love :D

Hey there! My Gf and I went to both shows, and we were front row for both as well. And so was a good 1/2 of the front row! So Jay recognized us from both nights and we made friends with Rob and Matt before the second show (I think that may have helped). So during the set Jay took a quick smoke and pointed in our direction while he was talking to a man (maybe his tour manager, I dunno). And at the end of the show the man had only a few passes, and gave them out to those Jay had pointed out. I think it meant alot to them that pretty much the whole front row was the same as the night before. 8) It was very thoughtful of Jay and the rest of the band to give us such a great experience!
Dj Transpose

Postby stardust5J on Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:21 am

[quote="mihija"]Hey.do you guys care to share how you got to be so lucky Surprised .. anybody who made it back stage or in a vip room? Was it a contest, being the the front row..

Share the love Very Happy [quote]

I agree with you Kevin. It was very gracious of them to invite us backstage, but I think it was more than us being in the front row, in the same spot, for two nights. I think is the fact the we showed EACH band member respect for his work, praise for his performance, and a whole lot of love! We gave 110% as audience members and they fed off all the positive energy. I recall Paul telling me how scared he had been before Monday's show and how he could not believe how good it made him feel to see our response to the performance. New York has a reputation for being a tough audience, so to see us respond so well kind of took the pressure off. Most of the comments made in both concerts (tatoo, condom, guys that knew lyrics, etc) were directed at those of us in the front row. We gave them a good vibe and in return, as a way to thank us for our continued support, they asked us backstage :)

Mihija, there is no trick to this, it was a matter of being at the right place at the right time with the right attitude. Just go to the shows and have the best time you can, anything else is just icing on the cake :)

By the way, I think that guy is his bodyguard...

Claudia
stardust5J

Postby Chena on Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:19 pm

Nice pictures. I was fortunate to be there and am still high from the experience. (I am literally kicking myself for not having any kind of camera, but at least I'm in one of the pics). They were truly nice guys and really appreciated their fans support. I tried my best to play it cool, but my favorite band ever was right there and talking to me. I can't compare the experience to anything else and I am glad to have met such cool people to share it with. I don't know how its even possible but I'm a bigger Jamiroquai fan now than I was before (and that's hard to top) but to know the guys in my favorite band are that cool and down to earth, makes me appreciate them even more.
~Chena
Chena

Postby Del74 on Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:56 pm

DJ Transpose,
Thats great you two got meet the band, I was the guy standing directly behind you and your girl in line for 2 hours waiting for the tuesday show, freezing my a$$ off! All I can say is that you and the group in front of you (gotta be the most hardcore jamiroquai fans on earth) :) made the wait bearable by singing all those jamiroquai songs the whole time! Good group of people to be stuck in line with! That was by far the best show I've ever been to, and being in the front row (got to shake Jay's hand) was the icing on the cake. Peace!
Del74

...so Im the other half of DJ Transpose... hehe

Postby Musicbiz3000 on Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:31 am

Yeah Kevin and I (Hillary) had such a great time. Honestly the band and Jay are just the coolest guys ever. They really really love their fans and the fact that they even gave us the opportunity to go to the vip room was just amazing. As long as you stay pumped at the concert and are towards the front you too might get to go backstage!! :D I dont know if you guys know about David (Kevin mentions him) who makes the Funkin.com fansite but he was another person we were lucky to meet!! He takes all the pictures too for Jamiroquai, and if you look under Funkin.com and click on the gallery you can see some of the pics I took from the Oct 24th and Oct 25th shows. :D Those guys though really made us feel like we were friends of theirs, not just some crazed fans...which im sure other people thought we were hahha! I hope all the other shows are as good as the NYC ones because they were just amazing!!! Hopefully they wont let us down about the MARCH SHOW CAUSE KEVIN AND I ARE THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D
Musicbiz3000

Postby myasia on Mon Oct 31, 2005 6:18 am

i can't wait to meet them :shock:
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby mihija on Mon Oct 31, 2005 4:12 pm

Thanks for the advice, it sounds like you guys just showed them the respect they deserved, and you were rewarded..

I'll be trying to get in the front row next time! Dancing my behind off!

stardust5J wrote:
mihija wrote:Hey.do you guys care to share how you got to be so lucky Surprised .. anybody who made it back stage or in a vip room? Was it a contest, being the the front row..

Share the love Very Happy

I agree with you Kevin. It was very gracious of them to invite us backstage, but I think it was more than us being in the front row, in the same spot, for two nights. I think is the fact the we showed EACH band member respect for his work, praise for his performance, and a whole lot of love! We gave 110% as audience members and they fed off all the positive energy. I recall Paul telling me how scared he had been before Monday's show and how he could not believe how good it made him feel to see our response to the performance. New York has a reputation for being a tough audience, so to see us respond so well kind of took the pressure off. Most of the comments made in both concerts (tatoo, condom, guys that knew lyrics, etc) were directed at those of us in the front row. We gave them a good vibe and in return, as a way to thank us for our continued support, they asked us backstage :)

Mihija, there is no trick to this, it was a matter of being at the right place at the right time with the right attitude. Just go to the shows and have the best time you can, anything else is just icing on the cake :)

Claudia
mihija

Postby myasia on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:09 pm

yeah, sounds like one of those moments, kind of a stillness in time lol :shock:
Last edited by myasia on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby deesh on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:27 pm

i totally agree with the ladies and kev. it was just so chill. we were fans, but didn't go psycho overboard (well.......haha). it was just a blessing. i was in chicago last night, and let me tell you how different the crowds and fans were. so different!

that experience (nyc) was phenomenal. very intimate, very relaxing. as someone said, the respect was mutual. when talking to the guys, it was very just open and honest. things were said that made us feel comfortable, and they wouldn't have engaged us in conversation if we had a 'groupie' or 'crazy' vibe about us. there are no words. i just thought it couldn't get better and it just kept on....represent, represent!

it can't compare to that many experiences in my life. to my ladies and the band and the fans we met - i say thank you..
the memories...to be continued...
Last edited by deesh on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
deesh
Supersonic

Postby deesh on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:31 pm

stardust5J wrote: I recall Paul telling me how scared he had been before Monday's show and how he could not believe how good it made him feel to see our response to the performance.

i'm taking a deep breathe..

damn...he's just wonderful.
deesh
Supersonic

Postby myasia on Mon Oct 31, 2005 5:35 pm

vibingirl wrote:i totally agree with the ladies and kev. it was just so chill. we were fans, but didn't go psycho overboard (well.......haha). it was just a blessing. i was in chicago last night, and let me tell you how different the crowds and fans were. so different!

that experience (nyc) was phenomenal. very intimate, very relaxing. as someone said, the respect was mutual. when talking to the guys, it was very just open and honest. things were said that made us feel comfortable, and they wouldn't have engaged us in conversation if we had a 'groupie' or 'crazy' vibe about us. there are no words. i just thought it couldn't get better and it just kept on....represent, represent!

it can't compare to that many experiences in my life. to my ladies and the band and the fans we met - i say thank you..

sweet :shock:
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby mihija on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:02 pm

Well.. thanks to everyone kind enough to share their experiences of meeting the band members.

We can live vicariously through you, and hear positive things about the band, versus the negative/untrue things written in tabloids and such about JK.

vibingirl wrote:i totally agree with the ladies and kev. it was just so chill. we were fans, but didn't go psycho overboard (well.......haha). it was just a blessing. i was in chicago last night, and let me tell you how different the crowds and fans were. so different!

mihija

Postby mihija on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:07 pm

One more two cents.. You guys are on to something there..

When i met members of one of my "other" favorite bands..Santana, the same thing happened. Met them at a music clinic the day before a show.. I was low-key, cool, got their autograph, told them how great they were, going to see them the next night in another town.. the conga player said he would look for me the next night if I told him where i was sitting.

Low and behold, they pointed me out and waved at me before the show, waved me down during the show, and invited me back stage.. (my spoil sport hubby didn't want to go and I missed out on a chance of a life time!

Quote/
I think is the fact the we showed EACH band member respect for his work, praise for his performance, and a whole lot of love! We gave 110% as audience members and they fed off all the positive energy. I

Claudia[/quote][/quote]
mihija

Postby FunkyD on Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:36 pm

I was wondering if you had any tips to meet the band in San Fran, I'm heading over for the week. I just got back from Chicago... AMAZING. I'd just like to get a pic or something cheesy.
FunkyD

Postby martita on Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:20 pm

Dj Transpose wrote:Hello everyone! :D I had the pleasure of seeing Jamiroquai live again for the two shows in NYC. I did see them 9/10/01 (which was my first show), but this time I knew something special was going to happen. My girlfriend and I along with some newly acquainted friends (David, Chena, Claudia, Deesha, Karl etc.) had the opportunity to chill with the band in the VIP room of the Nokia Theatre after the 2nd show!!! Jay was quite busy, so my girlfriend Hillary and I pretty much hung out with Matt and Rob and David Rowe. It was sooo cool to talk to Matt about equipment he uses and how much that second NYC show meant to himself and the band. It was a dream to hang out with them, words cant explain what I was feeling. When I got back home today I had to Dj, so my last song of the night was Canned Heat and I made an announcement that I went to both the NYC shows and that I actually met Jamiroquai, and a few people afterwards told me how lucky I was and how cool it had to be to chill with them. Also Matt wrote about my girlfriend and I in his blog!! Which was totally freaking wicked!! We were the guy/girl in the crazy hats! :lol: So it does go to show that nothing is impossible. I know alot of people especially around the globe would have loved that opportunity to meet Jamiroquai, and meeting them was nothing short then amazing :mrgreen:

Hi DJ Transpose,

I like your myspace.com. The pics there are really good.Thanks for sharing! I feel really happy for your experience, but you know how jelaous you make me feel??? you had the opportunity of meeting not only Jay but the whole band and significant others ... :shock:
I like that sentece 'so it does go to show that nothing impossible'... :)
martita
Supersonic

Postby Tonitz on Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:41 pm

FunkyD wrote:I was wondering if you had any tips to meet the band in San Fran, I'm heading over for the week. I just got back from Chicago... AMAZING. I'd just like to get a pic or something cheesy.

I was at the chicago show last night too. This is kind of a weird story but here goes:

I went with my friend but he bailed right after the show. So I decided to drive by the venue to see if people were going somewhere to hang out. I saw a crowd of like 10-15 people on the side of the building so I parked and walked over there. They were all waiting for autographs as the band got onto the bus.

After about 30min. the band all came out and were very nice. Signing autographs, taking pictures with fans, etc. I happened to be next to one of those jag-offs that gets autographs and sells them on e-bay. He asked if I could use his phone, and I said sure. But I told him he had to give me one of his pictures to get an autograph. He had all these nice 8" x 11" glossy photos, so I picked the best one and Jay signed it.

It was funny because he looked at the picture and was like, "where the hell do you guys get this stuff?" He was funny but really cool. I explained to him that I bought one from the paparazzi type guy. Then I got a picture with him, real cool guys all of them.

But yeah I'd suggest just waiting outside, they seemed very acomodating to the fans that want autographs ans pics.
Tonitz

Postby myasia on Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:41 am

cool that's sweet to know :P
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby duki on Sun Dec 11, 2005 10:01 pm

Great photos! And a lovely story. Thanks for sharing. And yes, nothing is impossible, as you had a chance to see that for yourself. :D
duki
Space Cowboy

Postby myasia on Wed Dec 14, 2005 5:32 am

yeah, all dreams do come true :wink:
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby Sengadee on Wed Dec 14, 2005 11:39 am

I am completely and utterly without words which describe how i feel after being at the Melbourne concert and reading about all of your experiences...

Utopia, perhaps? mmmm, yes.. utopia! Rock On, everybody - you make me feel so good! :mrgreen:
Sengadee

Postby myasia on Thu Dec 15, 2005 2:15 am

:P sweet
myasia
Space Cowboy

Next

Return to Older Concert Reviews