Home
Jamiroquai

LONDON - 3rd July

Reviews and discussions about older concerts. Current concerts reviews and information should be posted to the 2009 section.

Postby Little H on Sun May 15, 2005 11:08 am

Apparantly Ticketmaster send out the tickets to the payment card's billing address one week before the event.

This is extra-stupid in my case, and I have had to suffer this complication before. I will be in the UK I hope two weeks before the Clapham Common event and my tickets will go to my post box in Saudi Arabia. And it is not an option for me to return to KSA just to pick up my tickets and then travel back to the UK is it??? Just to complicate the fact even more, the tickets if posted only a week before, means that they will arrive in KSA some where around September !!!

I have to declare myself to Ticketmaster in London, and then go through a lengthy process to have alternative tickets reissued.

Who recommended Chez Ezbe - is that a four star or five star hotel ??? But that does it includes service and full English breakfast, and courtesy transport to and from the gig ??? I need a double, and two double singles all ensuite of course with wireless internet access. I can offer cash, so if that is convenience we can come to a 10% discount agreement, or 15% if I pay a month in advance. Chez Ezbe - perhaps they serve French food only there - sounds exotic - I don't know if the children will like snails and frogs legs and Cammembert (I do) !!!

:-))))
Little H
Supersonic

Postby MsP on Sun May 15, 2005 11:28 am

Little H wrote:Who recommended Chez Ezbe - is that a four star or five star hotel ??? But that does it includes service and full English breakfast, and courtesy transport to and from the gig ??? I need a double, and two double singles all ensuite of course with wireless internet access. I can offer cash, so if that is convenience we can come to a 10% discount agreement, or 15% if I pay a month in advance. Chez Ezbe - perhaps they serve French food only there - sounds exotic - I don't know if the children will like snails and frogs legs and Cammembert (I do) !!!

LOL don't - she'll kill me!!!! btw. at Chez Ez, there's no PG Tips...Earl Grey my dear..right up your street!

That's a bit crappy about the ticketmaster thing. What's Jamirocat going to do too????? She doesn't want to fly...so I think she's attempting the solo trans-Atlantic record. Fastest time for a cat, or something..:).
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Little H on Sun May 15, 2005 11:47 am

Funky Mother, this is your Funky Sister - I don't think we have had the pleasure to acquaint ourselves with eachother before.

I am married, mother of 4 living abroad, born and bred in North London and armed with two tickets for 3/7. My eldest daughter and I hope to be attending and look forward to screaming our heads off in glee along with you MsP1, Jamirocat, Sunny Funk, Ezbe and all the others !!!

Where are you from 'Mother ???

:-)))) h.
Little H
Supersonic

Postby Little H on Sun May 15, 2005 12:01 pm

So, MsP1 wants a finder's fee . . . OK, we can work something out !!! I hope they have 24 hr room service, my brood are fussy eaters too, I will have to work on the house-breaking I suppose.

Jamirocat and I will have to do the same thing to extract our tickets.

Fancy her going for a Guiness Record, the fastest cat to funk her way across the Atlantic wearing a Dynamite-look-a-like hat (y'know the duck through a mangle with a lampshade effort) !!! GO CAT, GO CAT, GO CAT !!!

I want to see lots of Jamiro-paraphernalia to sqander money on, I won't be guzzling Bacardi you see, so I will have to spend my money on something.

I want to hear BYM or IILIIJDI, TWM, along with all the newies and a cover of a George Benson, Bill Withers or Al Green song. And I want to see a dewey eyed duet with MSP1 on stage with the 'quai singing sweetly to us all - COTE is good for this too, however idillicly Picture of My Life !!! - No pun intended - I genuinely like the song nothing more.

:-)))) h.
Little H
Supersonic

Postby Funky Laura on Sun May 15, 2005 3:11 pm

"will anyone help a big jamiroquai fan get tickets!"

Please Party people help CosmicLaura...... :(

I have tickets for fly to London , this is my only guarantee :!: :!: :!:
Funky Laura
Supersonic

Postby Ezbe on Sun May 15, 2005 5:54 pm

JANICE! How many people have you got staying at my flat now???????

:-p

Funny Little H mentioned Bill Withers, just as I read that Just The Two OF Us came on the stereo in this cafe. How cool.

Ezbe
XXXX
Ezbe

Postby MsP on Sun May 15, 2005 8:30 pm

LOL @Ez and Little H!

Now with this duet I don't want to put Mr Kay's voice to shame....he would retire on the spot once he heard my voice!

okay...covers now I'm thinking...will come back on that one.

Laura - I would offer to buy your ticket for you now - but I really don't have any money now until after 28th (mortgage day) - if you can guarantee that you really will come and you won't let me be out of pocket then I'll get your ticket for you. The cost with fees etc is £35.00.
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Luane on Sun May 15, 2005 9:24 pm

Hey Girls!

Hope you enjoy every single minute ok? :wink:

Cheers!
Luane

Postby jamirocat on Sun May 29, 2005 4:45 am

I'm hoping to hear all of the songs! :) :arrow: :lol:

still haven't rec'd the tix in the post....i wonder if they'll be waiting for pickup there. Anyone from there know?
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby MsP on Fri Jun 03, 2005 10:36 pm

Okay Folks...we need to set up our meet.

What time??????????

Personally, I don't want to go to a pub - I'll only drink too much and want to go to the loo non-stop.....

WE HAVE TO BE AT THE FRONT FOR HOURS.

I'm only short and can never see anything - so we need to get there early to get premium positions.....

Why can't they arrange concerts like school photos? Little people at the front????
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Little H on Thu Jun 09, 2005 11:23 am

We'll get CG84 sorted out one way or another.

Jamirocat's coming and I agree with Jan about the school photo thingy.

I'm tallish and have elbows like razor blades, so no sweat Jan - I'll put you in front of me and we'll hold our own.

I am not the greatest pub lover either . . . but I am going to be clinging to the front barrier from around 07:00 hrs on that Sunday, at the latest !!!

I will probably be staying at the Premier Lodge Inn Hotel at Putney Bridge, it's the nearest and cheapest that I could find - any suggestions that might me nearer to the gig location ???

It will take me about 20 mins maximum to get from the hotel to the gig location, and like I said - I'll be there clinging to the front barrier.

The tubes open at about 06:00, so if you are travelling from any of the London suburbs, it will take you no more than 50 minutes to reach CC from anywhere in London.

Once we are established on the front barrier then we send eachother on food and toilet duty alternately.

C'mon Jan - focus and plan darling !!!

Little H
Supersonic

Postby MsP on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:25 am

Hmmmm focus and plan....

I'm there :D.

I've been worrying about meeting and times and all sorts! It's turning me grey!!!!

I am going for a sex-change next week - I can then pee in a bottle - problem solved! I suggest all the ladies do the same.

TWO WEEKS :D - I cannot wait - this is going to be the best time EVER!!!

My head's full of concerts and Paris, great end to the day :D. (will stop grinning soon).
MsP
Supersonic

Postby jamqueen21 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:10 am

I've got my tickets for 3rd July, my boyfriend got them for me as one of my early birthday presants. I am sooo happy :D My boyfriend is a huge fan too and we are both sooo excited we can't wait :D
jamqueen21

Postby Little H on Sat Jun 18, 2005 10:21 am

Alright Jamqueen21 nice to have you and your BF on board !!!

Tell us, what songs are you hoping Jamiroquai will play on 3/7 ???

Where will you be coming from to CC ???

BTW, The sex change for females is optional, so don't feel obliged !!!

It seems that I have started a fashion with this new style of peeing !!!

:-))))) h.
Little H
Supersonic

Postby MsP on Sat Jun 18, 2005 12:26 pm

Hi Jamqueen - wonderful present - lucky you!!!! See you there!!!!!

Heather, being a fellow woman (at this moment in time) the question of pee-ing is always a pressing matter.

In Finland I didn't go for about 6 hours (i think, will get Ez to confirm!) because I didn't want to lose the front spot - now I normally need to go to the loo loads of times.

Now, I have a theory on this - I think it's because I drank water and only took tiny sips. It was a very hot day so the water was most probably absorbed by my body and didn't reach the bladder?

So can i be really boring and mumsy - I would suggest no carbonated drinks, no alchohol or any form of juice, tea or coffee. I would suggest only water for all of those with bladder problems (i am thinking that's gonna be the mum's amongst us).

We all want to be as near the front as we possibly can and fighting your way to the loos is gonna be a right nightmare.

SOOOOO leave the coke at home and stick to water people!!!

LOL - am i the most boring fan????

*Suggestions for going to the loo at concerts* a paper by MsP.
MsP
Supersonic

Postby jamqueen21 on Sat Jun 18, 2005 3:24 pm

Hi Little H, Hi Msp, Hi every1,

Thanks for your welcome! Well Little H I would like to see Jamiroquai play Dynamite, SDISJ, Starchild, (Don't) Give Hate A Chance or Time Won't wait! Any of those songs would get me funkin :D I will be coming to CC on the 3/7 I can't wait hope to see you there too :D

About the peeing situation :lol:

BTW, The sex change for females is optional, so don't feel obliged !!! It seems that I have started a fashion with this new style of peeing !!!

I will have to find you Little H so I know what to do :lol:

OMG Msp, 6 Hours that must of been hell Thank Msp for the advice and no you are not the most boring fan just looking out for ppl which is a good thing!
jamqueen21

Postby Little H on Sun Jun 19, 2005 1:19 pm

- - - And Little H said in a yet unpublished parlez with her official urologist:

" It's still no more than 40 CC a go Doc "

- - - And Little H said in confidential email to her unofficial urologist:

" Jan, I've got plenty of sachets of water soluble lubricant and a pocket full of disposable catheters and a sky to put them into so blue "

Hey, let's take it to another level (look at all the mothers jostling for position), what about the bigger issue ?!?!?!?

All day gig standing advice update:
Tip 1: Lay off the complex carbohydrates for 36 hrs prior to the gig
Tip 2: Absolutely minimalize all fluids for 12 hrs prior to taking your 'stand'
Tip 3: Sip water as necessary/lucious licks of a ice-cream or an ice-lolly from 4 hrs prior until the final moments of the gig.
Tip 4: Have no absolutely no shame in pigging out with your funky friends post gig
Little H
Supersonic

Postby MsP on Sun Jun 19, 2005 5:17 pm

Little H - i'm waiting for you to mention some other place.....:D (there is an existing thread..)

Little H and Jamqueen - one more Sunday to go -- I wonder where we'll be at this moment in time??? I'll most probably be in the toilet.

:D
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Little H on Wed Jun 22, 2005 4:31 pm

Any body heard the weather forecast for Sunday yet ???

So long as it stays dry, I don't mind it even being overcast, just dry !!!

Too much sun isn't good for these type of events either. You seem to get sunburnt on one side of your face and blinded in one eye by the sun. And the next day you have white crows feet on the burnt side from squinting despite having worn shades. Park Gig Syndrome !!!

Jan are you going to bring a fishing net ??? I am checking out the different types in our local tackle shops. You'd better do the same, they have some great compact collapsable designs - very practical for what I have in mind.

And where's Virchie ???

:-)))))

(See - I didn't even mention the 'U' word in this post !!! LOL !!!)
Little H
Supersonic

Postby funky-mother on Thu Jun 23, 2005 9:09 pm

Hey there little h, its funky mother here.
Sorry that i havent responded sooner, as i've been tied up with little ones, cant wait for sunday next week i'm taking my funky sister and friend along to the gig i just cant wait!! Tickets have been sent out today, the hotel is booked, rail tickets are booked from York and to top the weekend we were even lucky enough to get tickets to the live 8 gig on the saturday too.
funky-mother

Postby MsP on Sat Jun 25, 2005 7:49 am

and the count-down begins......
MsP
Supersonic

Postby Little H on Sun Jun 26, 2005 8:33 am

Good for you Funky Mother.

And have a good time on the Saturday.

Don't expend all your energy though, save something for the Sunday.

Ready and waiting for the ecky-Funkers !!!

:-))))) h
Little H
Supersonic

Postby seko on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:48 pm

from italy i will be with my cosmic girl-friend at Clapham Common :D
i hope to meet everybody

CIAOOOO
seko

Postby Funky Laura on Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:56 pm

seko wrote:from italy i will be with my cosmic girl-friend at Clapham Common :D
i hope to meet everybody

CIAOOOO