Home
Jamiroquai

Some people are just bitchy...

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

Some people are just bitchy...

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:17 am

Yeah, I know Zender's birthday was recent, but I wanna tell you people something: you're just too conservative... Zender was a great bassist, I admit that, and I respect your opinions, but it seems as if some of you people never even gave Fyffe and Turner a chance/listen (I'm looking at you, Ed, I'm fed up with your sh*t and your bitching)... Hell, they wouldn't be accepted if they weren't skilled players, so why don't you just look away from your Zender shrine and just... Listen to the new guy's bassplaying? Come on, give those guys a chance... :evil: :evil: They deserve one, just like everybody else does... I'm sure that if Zender wouldn't have been the first Jamiroquai bassist, he wouldn't be praised as much as he is, currently... ...you hypocrites!!

:!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!: :!:

Bottom line:
Be happy with what you got...
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Re: Some people are just bitchy...

Postby never on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:10 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:Yeah, I know Zender's birthday was recent, but I wanna tell you people something: you're just too conservative... Zender was a great bassist, I admit that, and I respect your opinions, but it seems as if some of you people never even gave Fyffe and Turner a chance/listen (I'm looking at you, Ed, I'm fed up with your sh*t and your bitching)... Hell, they wouldn't be accepted if they weren't skilled players, so why don't you just look away from your Zender shrine and just... Listen to the new guy's bassplaying? Come on, give those guys a chance... :evil: :evil: They deserve one, just like everybody else does... I'm sure that if Zender wouldn't have been the first Jamiroquai bassist, he wouldn't be praised as much as he is, currently... ...you hypocrites!!

Bottom line:

Jay is a good bassplayer .
never
Supersonic

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:13 pm

never wrote:Jay is a good bassplayer .

He doesn't play bass at all. In fact, he plays no instruments other than the guitar and keyboards, but he's not very skilled at those two, too; He just knows the basics...
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby never on Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:34 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:
never wrote:Jay is a good bassplayer .

He doesn't play bass at all. In fact, he plays no instruments other than the guitar and keyboards, but he's not very skilled at those two, too; He just knows the basics...

I love the bass on supersonic.
never
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Thu Mar 22, 2007 1:57 pm

haha nice topic! but, i'm not a bitchy...
see, i adore Zender, cos i'm his fan! but i've never tried to put away Nick and Paul because of that! never!
for most people, Nick sucked, and i love him, his bass playing and charisma on stage were amazing, and Paul, what can i say? he's the only Jamiroquai bassist i've seen on stage! so, i love him too!

i just speak only about Zender, cos he's the greatest bass player for me, and not because i don't like Nick and Paul... i love them!
FunkEducation

Postby never on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:21 pm

FunkEducation wrote:haha nice topic! but, i'm not a bitchy...
see, i adore Zender, cos i'm his fan! but i've never tried to put away Nick and Paul because of that! never!
for most people, Nick sucked, and i love him, his bass playing and charisma on stage were amazing, and Paul, what can i say? he's the only Jamiroquai bassist i've seen on stage! so, i love him too!

i just speak only about Zender, cos he's the greatest bass player for me, and not because i don't like Nick and Paul... i love them!

and maybe stories about broken friendships should not be touched
too often...no use to hurt both...
never
Supersonic

Postby never on Thu Mar 22, 2007 2:31 pm

never wrote:
FunkEducation wrote:haha nice topic! but, i'm not a bitchy...

and maybe stories about broken friendships should not be touched
too often...no use to hurt both...

Or Paul .
never
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Thu Mar 22, 2007 3:56 pm

i think they're all amazing bassplayers :? :?
dargelita
Runaway

Postby legs on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:08 pm

I think there is alot of 'nostalgia' attached to Zender because people relate him to the first albums and some people who prefer the earlier stuff attach that emotion to him.
:D Nick and Paul are amazing bassists but I think we all have to remember it's the tune and the collaberation of all instraments that make each player memorable. Or wouldn't the music business be full of musicians playing by themselves. I don't think Jay would have employed a crap player so there is no argument!
I am always in awe of the 'great' tune how do they do it? I would be in heaven if I could make a song (or even half as good as any by Jamiroquai.) 8)
legs
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:17 pm

legs wrote:'nostalgia'

that's the right word for it!i gotta admit i'm nostalgic too,but not only for stu(he's the least of my "worries" LOL)but also for the brass and the didjeridoo and the dj...and the odlschool jk.
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby legs on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:28 pm

How do you that little writing? Hey think of us old farts!! :lol: :lol:
legs
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Thu Mar 22, 2007 8:29 pm

lolz ok i'll explain to you
you will see a menu "font size" choose tiny(or any other size) and write what you want in between:
Code: Select all
[size=7][/size]
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby legs on Thu Mar 22, 2007 10:35 pm

o.k I was just wondering
[size=7I won't use it though I'll go blind!!!][size=7]
legs
Supersonic

Postby MissyM on Fri Mar 23, 2007 1:20 am

legs wrote:I think there is alot of 'nostalgia' attached to Zender because people relate him to the first albums and some people who prefer the earlier stuff attach that emotion to him.
:D Nick and Paul are amazing bassists but I think we all have to remember it's the tune and the collaberation of all instraments that make each player memorable. Or wouldn't the music business be full of musicians playing by themselves. I don't think Jay would have employed a crap player so there is no argument!
I am always in awe of the 'great' tune how do they do it? I would be in heaven if I could make a song (or even half as good as any by Jamiroquai.) 8)

Ditto!! - well said Leggy

Zender is great!! But Paul Rox and has GREAT style, nick was good too I think.. just different..
Last edited by MissyM on Fri Mar 23, 2007 3:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
MissyM
Supersonic

Postby mr.aZ on Fri Mar 23, 2007 2:21 am

i must say that i respect another views, so all i wanna say is...just all must think in the way they want, and nobody can say''that bassist suxs'' because u think he is the best...al of them are the best in each time.
so...just we must start to respect each other, no one have the truthe here, only is our personal points of view
so, i like the old and new jamiroquai
and if u like some era more than this one, cool
but dont try to do to all that follow the same...we all love jamiroquai, so fight because we like different eras have no sense :roll:

RESPECT¡¡¡¡¡¡¡¡
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby FunkEducation on Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:26 am

they three are all amazing bass players... but wot can i say? i'm a Stu Zender fan...

both Stu and Paul are great people and musicians! and i wish them the best!

the thing is, Stu is Stu, Paul is Paul and Nick is Nick... they three are different, and they can't be compared... the 1992-1998 Jamiroquai was one thing, the 1999-2004 Jamiroquai was another one, and the actual band is a different one! so, every Jamiroquai has its essence...

i just can say: "god bless this band" cos thanks to them, i've lived so many great things and feelings while watching all my videos, bootlegs, pictures, clips.. it's just amazing!
FunkEducation

Postby Hyperspace on Sun Apr 01, 2007 7:41 pm

thanks Knjaz Milos for bringing this up. i never understood why people argued over which era they liked best and which era they didn't. i've like the band through all the different eras and have loved all the different band members. no matter who you prefered playing at one time in jamiroquai's past years, the music has always been much better than any other stuff artists have brought out. jamiroquai all the way :D :lol: :D
Hyperspace
Supersonic

Postby Jester_z99 on Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:20 am

None of the guys that have played bass for Jamiroquai have sucked, they're all good 'cuz the songs demand skillful playing. However, from a bass player's point of view, the bass has significantly changed since the departure of Stuart. The direction of the band has certainly changed, which has altered the role of the bassist. Stuart had a lot of creative freedom to do his thing, Nick and Paul didn't have as much. Who knows what would have happened if they had, but who cares? They make good music now, and they made good music back then. Nobody will ever replace Stuart, but nobody's saying they won't listen to anything after Travelling Without Moving.
Jester_z99

Postby Jam Fan (Natalie) on Sat Apr 07, 2007 1:26 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:Yeah, I know Zender's birthday was recent, but I wanna tell you people something: you're just too conservative... Zender was a great bassist, I admit that, and I respect your opinions, but it seems as if some of you people never even gave Fyffe and Turner a chance/listen (I'm looking at you, Ed, I'm fed up with your sh*t and your bitching)... Hell, they wouldn't be accepted if they weren't skilled players, so why don't you just look away from your Zender shrine and just... Listen to the new guy's bassplaying? Come on, give those guys a chance... :evil: :evil: They deserve one, just like everybody else does... I'm sure that if Zender wouldn't have been the first Jamiroquai bassist, he wouldn't be praised as much as he is, currently... ...you hypocrites!!

Bottom line:

I think the reason people prefer Stu isn't really anything to do with him being a better bassist, but more to do with the type music Jamiroquai were making back then. A lot of fans aren't so impressed with the recent stuff and prefer Jamiroquai back in '93 when they were at their best. And so I think thats why they stick with Zender.
Jam Fan (Natalie)
Dynamite

Postby FunkEducation on Mon Apr 09, 2007 5:50 pm

Knjaz Milos wrote:(I'm looking at you, Ed, I'm fed up with your sh*t and your bitching)

well... i didn't see that... but thanks god for this! i love bitching! and my sh*t is amazing! thanks for remembering!
FunkEducation

Postby snolan on Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:17 am

people say that the zender sound is copied in all of the albums after TWM but i can only really hear it in a few Synk songs

and about paul i was suprised to read that he didnt actually play any of the songs off Dynamite they were all played by two presumably secessionists and probably because it was recorded half in la and half in chilington so they got in the local bassist
snolan
Supersonic

Postby never on Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:03 am

snolan wrote:people say that the zender sound is copied in all of the albums after TWM but i can only really hear it in a few Synk songs

and about paul i was suprised to read that he didnt actually play any of the songs off Dynamite they were all played by two presumably secessionists and probably because it was recorded half in la and half in chilington so they got in the local bassist

redgreen firework-I 'm still asking myself who attacked you...
never
Supersonic

Return to The Band