Home
Jamiroquai

Some help needed on getting some infos

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

Some help needed on getting some infos

Postby virelai on Sat Jan 06, 2007 8:30 pm

Hi everybody,
i really need some help with this,and i'm shure this community got the infos i'm looking for.
I'm a SAE athens student,which is,for those who don't know,an institute with sound engineering and film making courses.
So i've got this exercise to do,which is mix analysis...i couldn't quite decide which tune could fit for that,so i chose some records from my not-so-big collection and started listening to them untill i finally came across to "the return of the space cowboy",and more precisley to "jjust another story".
So what i need from you is some informations about the recording musicians of this tune (see below whivh ones),and hopefully some infos on the gear that was used during the recoding sessions...oh,and also the studio name and location.
Unfortunately,on my cd booklet lot of musicians are not listed (properly),'ive got the sony square realese,dunno if it's the same with the work release.
Even links to other sites are appreciated!
So i really hope you can help me with this,and...good vibes to any of you out there. :mrgreen:
Here are the "ROTSC" band members i already know:
J.K. - vocals
Stuart Zender - basssssss
Toby Smith - keys
Derrik McKenzie - drums
Gavin Dodds - guitar (not quite sure if he's the one playin' in just another story)
Dj D-Zire - turntables
Wallis Buchanan - Didgeridoo (although there is non didgridoo in "just another story" dunno if he played something else in this tune)
Maurizio Ravalilo - percussion

ON my cd booklet i've got: (Many thanks to) Colin Davy,Sean Quinn,Komodo,DC Lee (BV's - "just another story") what's BV???? :oops:
Many many thanks - bye
virelai

Postby sunny_funk on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:10 pm

B.V's are Backing Vocals.
sunny_funk
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Sat Jan 06, 2007 9:12 pm

http://www.stuartzender.co.uk/

stuart zenders myspace link
Sandriche

Postby Sandriche on Mon Jan 08, 2007 4:22 am

derrick mc kenzie and toby smith have a myspace site as well..check our jamiroquai links in the " jamiroquai chat-section"

( by the way i will update it hopefully when i come home today)
Sandriche

Postby virelai on Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:37 pm

Thanks! :D

I already visited suart zender's site,there's a question among lot of others sent by the fans,which fits perfeclty with my needs.
Bye
virelai

Return to The Band