Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai... low battery???

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

Jamiroquai... low battery???

Postby toponando on Sun Jun 25, 2006 8:16 pm

Hi everybody! i cant speak or write english very well.. so i wish you can understand me. Por que Jamiroquai dejo sus raices, ahora es full electronica, sintetizadores y demas.. i dont like new jamiroquai.. a mi me encantaba la banda antigua, with drums, yadaki (didjeridoo), trompetas, sax, why is the reason for JK change his band??.. por que Jay K cambio su banda??, si era mucho mejor que la que tiene ahora.. i`m from Peru and conoci la banda en Argentina en la Gira del Travelling Without M. But i hear Jamiroquai now?.. and They or he ¿?.. no lo se.

Sus canciones son cortas.. muy cortas.. no tienen trompetas, no hay timbales, ni congas, ni percusion especial, no hay didjeridoo, no existe jammin.. no hay improvisacion. Lamento lo que le ha pasado a la banda.. era mi banda favorita.

Parece ser que le gustaron sus autos fantasticos y los efectos espaciles en sus videos.. el ultimo q me gusto fue cannet head... aunke el ultimo realmente bueno fue al right.

Espero comentarios... sorry espero no lastimar sensibilidades solo keria show you this video.. i find it in YOUTUBE... i like this Jamiroquai BAND!!..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wALA6uW5 ... jamiroquai

:cry:
toponando

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Jun 25, 2006 10:47 pm

i totally understand you mate...
but there's anything we can do...
jamiroquai has changed so much... and jay kay don't want to do the old stuff...
its so sad!
FunkEducation

Postby Lightfoot on Mon Jun 26, 2006 1:51 am

i long for the old music...JAY IF YOU ARE OUT THERE PLEASE....bring some old school funk back that acid jazz eope feel and rotsc stuff! dont let that be a thing of the past YOUR FANDS LONG FOR IT.... :(
Lightfoot
Space Cowboy

Postby mr.aZ on Mon Jun 26, 2006 7:11 am

Lightfoot wrote:i long for the old music...JAY IF YOU ARE OUT THERE PLEASE....bring some old school funk back that acid jazz eope feel and rotsc stuff! dont let that be a thing of the past YOUR FANDS LONG FOR IT.... :(

yea i need to say all we want a bit of the old school sound 8)
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby Lightfoot on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:15 pm

there are posts all over the forum saying similar things....he is bound to see one of them if he checks here
Lightfoot
Space Cowboy

Postby toponando on Mon Jun 26, 2006 5:35 pm

Is great for me saber que no soy la unica persona que piensa eso. I understand ur messages, i try to write a little bit in english. JAJA Ojala creen una zona en español oficial para que tanto all european's fans and South American's fans podamos saber lo que pensamos. I quizas JK regrese a la antigua formula de la banda... dejando un poco de lado los sintetizadores y efectso y regrese al didjeridoo, trompetas, congas y demas..

Saludos para todos!

ElTopoNando :)
toponando

Postby myasia on Wed Jun 28, 2006 12:27 am

All we can do is wait hopefully someone will see and give it some thought :wink:
myasia
Space Cowboy

Postby Seu.Marcelo on Sun Sep 24, 2006 4:55 pm

eu concordo com você, Toponando. A banda antiga é muito melhor que a atual......e a musicalidade ficou estranha.
Seu.Marcelo

Postby Knjaz Milos on Mon Sep 25, 2006 7:24 am

'Doesn't want to'? More like 'Can't'.

If any of you listened to the KISS 100 pre-Lovebox interview with Jay, you'll get what I said. Sony don't wanna let him play the old-school stuff. Jay also said that after the contract, he'll kick into the band 3, 4 or maybe even 5 brass if he's in a good mood. That interview pretty much blows the lid offa $ony. :evil: I'm just glad that the end of the contro is near.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Space Clav on Mon Sep 25, 2006 12:26 pm

[Yoda impression]
To Knjaz Milos listen you must.
[/Yoda impression]

Or better... go to funkin.com/downloads and pick up that interview. It will most certainly explain some things to you if you wanna hear Jay's opinions on things such as brass, performing old songs, 3 minute intros and freedom of creativity.

The waiting is over. Soon things will change for the better. :)
Space Clav
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:34 pm

i don't think it's only sony's fault...
jay seems to love what he's doing actually
so, don't expect another EOPE or TROTSC!
FunkEducation

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Sep 28, 2006 8:45 am

FunkEducation wrote:i don't think it's only sony's fault...

But we can expect another TWM/Synk. Still, I'm glad to hear he's kicking the brass back in. The endning of the contract with $ony sounds so good to be real. But it is. I can't wait to see if he's gonna put Wallis back in the band.
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Space Clav on Fri Oct 06, 2006 7:50 am

FunkEducation wrote:i don't think it's only sony's fault...

I'm not expecting that. I'm hoping for it though... but I know my hopes are in vain.

But like Knjaz Milos says... another TWM or Synk is not impossible... all mixed up with the "new style" of course. Because just like you said, Jay and the band seem to like it... so does many fans.

Compared to EOPE and TROTSC both TWM and Synk are more commercial and easier to appreciate for "common people". That's an important recipe if you want to gain new fans. Not as many people would like the jazzy vibes of the early years. The disco funk will definitely attract more people.

TWM and Synk still had elements from the early years making these albums the "perfect compromise" for a market where you must reach out to more people than the hardcore acid jazz fans.

So... let's hope for a new TWM, or at least a new Synk... and we must accept that the new style will be thrown into the mix as well.
Space Clav
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Sat Oct 07, 2006 1:23 am

Knjaz Milos wrote:But we can expect another TWM/Synk. Still, I'm glad to hear he's kicking the brass back in. The endning of the contract with $ony sounds so good to be real. But it is. I can't wait to see if he's gonna put Wallis back in the band.

nah we won't have another TWM/Synk! yeh, there's gonna be a brand new brass section, but it won't change them to do the old stuff!, so, forget about it!

Space Clav wrote:I'm not expecting that. I'm hoping for it though... but I know my hopes are in vain.

But like Knjaz Milos says... another TWM or Synk is not impossible... all mixed up with the "new style" of course. Because just like you said, Jay and the band seem to like it... so does many fans.

Compared to EOPE and TROTSC both TWM and Synk are more commercial and easier to appreciate for "common people". That's an important recipe if you want to gain new fans. Not as many people would like the jazzy vibes of the early years. The disco funk will definitely attract more people.

TWM and Synk still had elements from the early years making these albums the "perfect compromise" for a market where you must reach out to more people than the hardcore acid jazz fans.

So... let's hope for a new TWM, or at least a new Synk... and we must accept that the new style will be thrown into the mix as well.

i don't think so...
as whoever in the jamiroquai community
i've been expecting new TWM's or Synkros since a lot of time
and now i know those times are over!
jamiroquai is a 100% commercial band, and 99.9% of the music they make is commercial! so, we will never see them doing jazz again!

the more i want them to go back, the more they change to dance/rock/pop!
so, for me, it's so sad!
but there's some people out there who seems to be enjoying it!
FunkEducation

Postby Space Clav on Mon Oct 09, 2006 5:39 am

Hey, TWM and Synk were commercial too. At least commercially successful. It's still possible with a change towards the better. Brass is a good start... with brass it certainly won't be any worse.

There are so many dance/rock/pop acts... why should Jay want to compete with them when he already had a winning formula?

I'm not going to assume anything. I'll keep hoping and I'm anxious to hear what the new stuff will sound like once they're free from Sony's influence. By the way... Jazz is pretty commercially sucessful too... but I guess it depends on what kind of people you aim to please.
Space Clav
Supersonic

Postby Dancing Piano on Mon Oct 09, 2006 9:09 am

Space Clav wrote:Hey, TWM and Synk were commercial too. At least commercially successful. It's still possible with a change towards the better. Brass is a good start... with brass it certainly won't be any worse.

There are so many dance/rock/pop acts... why should Jay want to compete with them when he already had a winning formula?

I'm not going to assume anything. I'll keep hoping and I'm anxious to hear what the new stuff will sound like once they're free from Sony's influence. By the way... Jazz is pretty commercially sucessful too... but I guess it depends on what kind of people you aim to please.

He likes Papageno .
Dancing Piano
Supersonic

Postby KillingHeidi on Mon Oct 09, 2006 11:43 pm

only reason why we wont get another ROTSC or EOPE is because theres not stuart zender.

i miss him.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkEducation on Tue Oct 10, 2006 12:30 am

Space Clav wrote:Hey, TWM and Synk were commercial too. At least commercially successful. It's still possible with a change towards the better. Brass is a good start... with brass it certainly won't be any worse.

AHAHAHA yes they are commercial albums, but TWM wasn't done with that idea! i really know that! the album just became commercial, it just had 13 amazing songs on it! and it sold a lot!!!!!!!!! they just did the music they liked! and they were a hit!

now they study so hard what are they gonna record! "hey, this might be all the commercial we can make it"........... and there are some other things i dont want to talk rite now

KillingHeidi wrote:only reason why we wont get another ROTSC or EOPE is because theres not stuart zender.

i miss him.

exactly ;)
and there's no Toby, no Wallis, no Simon, no Winston, no Adrian, no Martin, no Darren, no ZENDER!!! it's a shame!
FunkEducation

Postby ophone on Tue Oct 10, 2006 2:49 am

All is said in this thread. TVM and Synk are still quite jazzy and they were Jamiroquai's best sales as far as I know, so why not knot again with these times. And for the commercial thing (the maintenance of JK's Ferraris must cost a fortune) put something like "Love foolosophy" on it and we're done.

But please, please JK never again such a thing as "A funk odyssey" (except for the song "Love foolosophy" which I like quite well).
To be honest, the first time I heard the whole "A funk odyssey" I was deeply disappointed by my favourite band, way too much cheap electronics.
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby FunkEducation on Tue Oct 10, 2006 11:39 am

ophone wrote:All is said in this thread. TVM and Synk are still quite jazzy and they were Jamiroquai's best sales as far as I know, so why not knot again with these times. And for the commercial thing (the maintenance of JK's Ferraris must cost a fortune) put something like "Love foolosophy" on it and we're done.

But please, please JK never again such a thing as "A funk odyssey" (except for the song "Love foolosophy" which I like quite well).
To be honest, the first time I heard the whole "A funk odyssey" I was deeply disappointed by my favourite band, way too much cheap electronics.

hahaha yeh, dissapointing is what i've seen in jamiroquai in the last years!
and talking about TWM and Syn... Synkronized is jazzy because it got 80% of the TWM band lineup! there you got Wallis, Toby, Simon, Derrick, Sola... it had elements of the old band, but they changed a bit from TWM... "Supersonic", "Destitute Illusion" and "Planet Home" was not the kinda music Jamiroquai was used to do! it was the start of the electronic Jamiroquai! and then they make that terrible album called..... ohh i can't say it....!
FunkEducation

Postby ophone on Tue Oct 10, 2006 3:02 pm

Aye, "Planet Home" is the song I alway skip when I'm listening to "Synkronized".
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby KillingHeidi on Wed Oct 11, 2006 12:24 am

ophone wrote:Aye, "Planet Home" is the song I alway skip when I'm listening to "Synkronized".

ditto. i cant listen to it. its just... flat.
KillingHeidi
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkEducation on Wed Oct 11, 2006 10:27 am

so, i imagine you don't like "Stop Don't Panic" HAHAHAH
FunkEducation

Postby Galka on Wed Oct 11, 2006 6:52 pm

FunkEducation wrote:
KillingHeidi wrote:only reason why we wont get another ROTSC or EOPE is because theres not stuart zender.

i miss him.

exactly ;)
and there's no Toby, no Wallis, no Simon, no Winston, no Adrian, no Martin, no Darren, no ZENDER!!! it's a shame!

Zender is great, i miss him too, i wanna see him in the band!nobody remember him now,i mean everybody r talking about Wailis,Derrick..And Zender is so good)))))
Galka
Mr Moon

Postby manudevil21 on Wed Oct 11, 2006 7:07 pm

I must say i agree with Ed...we will never hear another ROTSC or EOPE...simply because bend members changed...and they changed style...and don't get me wrong...i like current members! things just came too pop too commercial!
manudevil21
Space Cowboy

Next

Return to The Band