Home
Jamiroquai

My little theory...

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

My little theory...

Postby Knjaz Milos on Thu Mar 30, 2006 3:20 pm

Well, on the way back home, from school, today, I was wondering myself 'Why does Jay oftenly use the name of the band when giving out autographs... Or autograms... Or whatever... I think he's actually MISSING the old band members, like he's the only one of the true Jamiroquai left... But if it is so, then I'm starting to think that the fight between Jay and Zender was faked... And that they did everything to make it look like a fight for some reason...

So I started asking and answering myself... 'Was it all faked? Is there a third party behind all this? Sony DOES want every good artist to go pop, just because of the money... Jamiroquai are a sueccessful band, there's no doubt there's something up in the background...'

Then I started thinking again when I came back home... 'If there is a third party, then he, she or 'them' must be EXTREMELY powerful... If that would be Sony, and as far as I know, they are trying to make ALL of their artists go poppy, then the fight between Zender and Jay was a paravan to what was exactly happening... But does that mean that the Zender version of Synkronized never existed? But that must mean that 'Midnight Funk' and King For A Day' were written and recorded for the sole purpose of hiding something even bigger, much bigger.'

And then I thought of the word 'Pop' again...

'Many band members influence the style and the way the songs are done... Does that mean that Sony forced Jay to fire the old members, and hire new ones, just because the 'Profit is in pop'? If it's that way, then all the firings were logically forced, everything was acted up... All the fights, eveything... Nothing changed about-and-with the backup singers because they had the minimum influence when it came to songwriting... WTF is and was happening?'

My little theory... :oops: What do you think of it? Did I make a fool of myself? Again?
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby mr.aZ on Fri Mar 31, 2006 11:45 pm

:shock:
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:22 pm

mr.aZ wrote::shock:

Errrr... Be more descriptive, please.

ANYBODY THERE?
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:48 pm

i read it already some times the problem is...i am honestly..i am afraid i don´t know enough about the background i don´t want to write just anything....

its sad and true but fact is that music business today mainly looks on the number of sold albums and not on the quality..i dont´know...but i am not sure if sony forced jay to fire them...perhaps the other members just didn´t want to go that way..u know times and money can change things...people change...hmmm

asi said i am not that expert about what happened in the past ...hmmm..., funk education , space clav, catman,kingsnake & Co what do u think about that..i would be interested in your opinion...u know so much more than me.. :cry: :D
Sandriche

Postby ivy on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:48 pm

intersting points u have ther knjaz its really confusing to hear read all these rumors reports and make anythign out of it...i think some of it my be truth mixed in with lies ...but zenderized stuff has to exists if we've heard mN funk?
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sat Apr 01, 2006 6:56 pm

ivy wrote:intersting points u have ther knjaz its really confusing to hear read all these rumors reports and make anythign out of it...i think some of it my be truth mixed in with lies ...but zenderized stuff has to exists if we've heard mN funk?

Well, I'm not pretty sure, but as I mentioned in the text, MF might've been composed, and leaked in purpose by Jay. You know... To tuck everything up, otherwise, Sony would do something to him. I mean, Jay's one of the 1 000 richest people in the world, AFAIK. He makes so much money from music, I don't doubt that Sony would want him to go mainstream, where the most of the money today is grabbed from. It's pure logic.

Sandriche wrote:asi said i am not that expert about what happened in the past ...hmmm..., funk education , space clav, catman,kingsnake & Co what do u think about that..i would be interested in your opinion...u know so much more than me..

Same here... Waiting, waiting, always waiting for something...
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby freaky on Sat Apr 01, 2006 8:16 pm

My little theorie, being on the road with several (growing) ego's is very difficult.
Little things become big (well you know what happens)
Several (growing) ego's in a recording studio, same story.

What i remember from an interview, and comming from Toby's mouth, Zender wanted real bass in every song. And that left no room for experimenting. At that time, Toby and Jay wrote a lot of songs together and were quite pissed with Zender.
Even if the fight was faked, they was happy he was gone.
With Stu out of the picture, they had room to "to their thing" and the new bass player, Nick, was ok with it.

About going back to the old band......
In the beginning, Jay had no steady band.
Somehow he and Toby "borrowed" some members from other bands and was send "on the road" to play.
For some years it looked like a steady band, but, than member left and new ones entered.
I am not saying that he misses the old member, i think he does.
But a change can do some good too.
New ppl have new ideas, new influences....and that means new music.

For the third party stuff...who knows.
It's hard to imagine that a band would make music they don't like to play.
Because they will have to perform it, again and again and again.
But it does sounds way different live than on the album.

Ahum...believe it's not really little???
freaky
Mr Moon

Postby Knjaz Milos on Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:15 pm

freaky wrote:For the third party stuff...who knows.
It's hard to imagine that a band would make music they don't like to play.
Because they will have to perform it, again and again and again.
But it does sounds way different live than on the album.

Ahum...believe it's not really little???

I know about Jay and Toby being mad at Zender. And now that you mention it, yes... But... What do you mean by saying that my theory is not 'Little'? Do you mean that the stuff about the 'Third party' may be true? :?
Knjaz Milos
Space Cowboy

Postby FunkEducation on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:23 pm

your theory is nice, but of course not real...
i really think that there's no fight between Zender and Jay...
and sony has changed Jamiroquai a lot... but Jay has said so many times all this changes were maded by him, and that he likes them all...

so, i'm very confused, in a future we will be able to know something...
FunkEducation

Postby freaky on Sun Apr 02, 2006 10:26 pm

No it was a comment on my own post

I wanted to write a Little post...a little theory.
When i looked back on my post...it was a bit bigger than my first intention
So it (my little theory) was not little anymore :wink:

The third party stuff...clueless
the it could be .....the music sounds live way different
no way....but playing it every night the same way, would be boring

it could be.....because sony does want the album to work and make it sound poppy
No way.....they have proven to do good, so why would they let Sony do that.

No way.....Jay is stubborn and would not let Sony mess up his music
it could be....that Jay is tired of fighting and.....caved ( but i hate that thought!)

So....clueless
freaky
Mr Moon

Postby mr.aZ on Mon May 15, 2006 1:51 am

freaky wrote:No it was a comment on my own post

I wanted to write a Little post...a little theory.
When i looked back on my post...it was a bit bigger than my first intention
So it (my little theory) was not little anymore :wink:

The third party stuff...clueless
the it could be .....the music sounds live way different
no way....but playing it every night the same way, would be boring

it could be.....because sony does want the album to work and make it sound poppy
No way.....they have proven to do good, so why would they let Sony do that.

No way.....Jay is stubborn and would not let Sony mess up his music
it could be....that Jay is tired of fighting and.....caved ( but i hate that thought!)

So....clueless

we dont know
i think some things change in the last years
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Return to The Band