Home
Jamiroquai

String arrangements.. software synths?

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

String arrangements.. software synths?

Postby JamiroKeys on Wed Mar 01, 2006 8:06 pm

On several Jamiroquai recordings strings are used. I myself am addicted to keyboards and software synths and I wondered whether Jamiroquai used software synths with string/orchestra sounds, or bought some studio time with a symphony orchestra or so.. Who knows? :o :?:
JamiroKeys

Re: String arrangements.. software synths?

Postby little_butterfly on Thu Mar 02, 2006 2:04 am

JamiroKeys wrote:On several Jamiroquai recordings strings are used. I myself am addicted to keyboards and software synths and I wondered whether Jamiroquai used software synths with string/orchestra sounds, or bought some studio time with a symphony orchestra or so.. Who knows? :o :?:

Sounds to me like the latter, but I don't know?
little_butterfly
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Tue Mar 07, 2006 5:59 pm

you won't believe me but Jamiroquai have used real strings on the 6 albums, also in A Funk Odyssey that most of the album was done by computers... it's great to know that, in "Time Won't Wait" they used real brass section too... Jamiroquai is going back to the roots so slowly... but it's cool at last...
FunkEducation

Postby JamiroKeys on Wed Mar 08, 2006 8:53 am

:D Wow that's cool... In these days of software producing and digital string etcetera, it's good to see that there are still people who know how to make songs sound great. And there's no substitute for the real thing. Jay Kay: nice job, keep on doing this kind of pleasing producing. :P
JamiroKeys

Postby FunkEducation on Thu Mar 09, 2006 2:47 am

yeh... i think Jay Kay sometimes makes weird songs because of the pressure of sony... let's see what happens after the greatest hits album...
FunkEducation

Return to The Band