Home
Jamiroquai

NEWS FROM TOBY

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

NEWS FROM TOBY

Postby Sandriche on Sun Jan 08, 2006 3:08 pm

We have not heard much from ex-Jamiroquai keyboard player Toby Smith for a long time so here's an update of what he's been up to...

Toby has recently launched the website of Angelic Record Productions - a label and company that produces and develops new musical artists before they are signed by major record labels such as Sony BMG, EMI, etc. Almost a year ago this site reported that Toby was working with a group called Grace who recently signed to EMI and Warner.

Toby is currently working with an alternative rock group called The Hoosier Complex, who are his first "signing" so expect some downloads of their music from the Angelic website soon. Toby describes their sound as "If you cross The Cure, with Jeff Buckley, and throw in a bit of Supertramp, you're getting close!", so don't expect to hear anything like Jamiroquai!

Away from work his son (Dylan) is now just over a year old, and his daughter (Anastasia) is now six, so he's keeping very busy both with work and family.

(funkin.com)
Sandriche

Postby High_Times on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:37 pm

COOL!!! COOL!!!!! COOL!!!!

Thanks for news , Toby!!!!!

YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!!

i have been waiting for some news from him for a long time,
its so amazing that at last Toby gave us some information about what he does now. i wanted to start a site about him, but so far i only started a page about Toby (on this page click "Toby Smith" button http://www.geocities.com/chillingtonrecords/mix.html )

Every day i think about him, he and J are my favourite
musicians. His writing/performing style is the best.

so of course i posted what wanted to tell Toby on www.funkin.com :

"DEAR TOBY IF YOU READ THIS, PLEASE RECORD
AT LEAST 1 TRACK WRITTEN BY YOU, OK.

I AM YOUR FAN, AND HAVING YOUR SOLO ALBUM IS MY BIGGEST DREAM , BUT EVEN 1 SINGLE SONG FROM YOU WOULD BE THE BEST GIFT FOR YOUR FANS ALL OVER THE WORLD!!!!
I'LL TELL THE TRUTH - I LIVE WITH HOPE THAT SOMEDAY YOU WILL RECORD SONGS IN YOUR AMAZING EXCLUSIVE AND DEEP STYLE..
TOBY YOU ARE THE BEST!!!!
"

i hope someday i will have Toby's album and
see Toby in person on his concert playing his unique music!!!
High_Times
Supersonic

Re: NEWS FROM TOBY

Postby yougivemesomething on Mon Jan 09, 2006 2:42 pm

Sandriche wrote:
Away from work his son (Dylan) is now just over a year old, and his daughter (Anastasia) is now six, so he's keeping very busy both with work and family.

(funkin.com)

now that he`s put 2 children into this world, he can come back to Jamiroquai
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby DJ Romeo on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:59 pm

I agree
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

Return to The Band