Home
Jamiroquai

similarities to other bands

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

similarities to other bands

Postby shantique on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:25 am

is it just me or can others hear bits of Anthony Keidis in some lyrics in his latest album? And does song 4 on the Dynamite cd (shameful, forgot the name of the song) remind anyone of Gus Gus. Starchild also reminds me of Anis Morisette's song "Baba". Does anyone agree with me or should I just shut up and crawl under my Aussie rock? :oops:
shantique

Postby yougivemesomething on Mon Jan 02, 2006 9:59 am

stop mentioning this, please!

as soon as i start to listen these similarities, i cant enjoy the songs any more :evil: !

similarities with Anthony Keidis voice? dont think so.

but good i dont know the other songs. so no problem for me.
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby cheeeba lover on Mon Jan 02, 2006 10:23 am

a voice from the singer of simply red always reminds me of jay kay..dont know why..and of course maroon5 stole or converted "virtual insanity" into their own "sunday morning",and one of justin timberlakes videos is similar to little l video..
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby TripleF on Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:14 pm

I think that it isn't necessary to discuss about this... I mean usually everything's alredy done in some way... But Jamiroquai's songs are so complex that it's hard to notice IF he'd loaned something from somewhere...
TripleF
Supersonic

Postby yougivemesomething on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:36 pm

oh my, when i read that there are similarities in jamiroqaui and maroon 5, i`m gonna cry... :(

though i liked the song "this love", i think the singer of maroon 5 sings like a frog, and moves like joe cocker, not sexy, not good at all...

there is absolutely no similarity in between the two of them.
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Mon Jan 02, 2006 6:43 pm

someone compared them to maroon´s 5 sunday morning... :?:
Sandriche

Postby mr.aZ on Tue Jan 03, 2006 3:17 am

Sandriche wrote:someone compared them to maroon´s 5 sunday morning... :?:

:?: :?: :?:
maroon 5...i cant hear anymore... :twisted:
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 03, 2006 5:09 am

mr.aZ wrote:
Sandriche wrote:someone compared them to maroon´s 5 sunday morning... :?:

:?: :?: :?:
maroon 5...i cant hear anymore... :twisted:

they're still around? hehe :P
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby shantique on Thu Jan 05, 2006 2:43 am

Not Anthnoy Kiedis voice!!!! Lyrics darling, lyrics!!!! Are you telling me that Black Devil car couldn't have been sung by the Peppers? Come on who are you kidding? I'm a fan of theirs and think they're great. What are you getting mad about? Maroon 5, no I can't see the similarity there. Sorry, maybe it's the smoothness of the music???? What's wrong with comparing original artists with other original artists? It's not like they're copying each other obviously what's in at the moment affects other musicians and their styles, a bit like fashion really. You have the big guys and then you have all the copies. these guys are the big guys and we're all proud of them. Good on'em. I don't think I've ever heard a singer that sounds like Jay, his voice is beautiful. Like melted chocolate. Yum!
shantique

Postby Queen4aDay on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:44 pm

cheeeba lover wrote:and of course maroon5 stole or converted "virtual insanity" into their own "sunday morning",and one of justin timberlakes videos is similar to little l video..
YES! I THINK THE SAME...THE VIDEO OF JUSTIN WERE OF THE SONG ROCK YOUR BODY :twisted:
Queen4aDay
Starchild

Postby King Snake on Tue Jan 10, 2006 2:58 pm

The only one voice JK reminds me of, is Stevie Wonder, and some disco songs remind me of Kool & the Gand and EWF
King Snake
Supersonic

Postby yougivemesomething on Tue Jan 10, 2006 3:45 pm

shantique wrote:Not Anthnoy Kiedis voice!!!! Lyrics darling, lyrics!!!! Are you telling me that Black Devil car couldn't have been sung by the Peppers?

No, don`t think that BDC could have been sung by the Peppers. The lyrics do not fit to them.

I love the Red Hot Chilli Peppers, but they have a different style.
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Postby freaky on Tue Jan 10, 2006 8:08 pm

Bobthebuilder wrote:The only one voice JK reminds me of, is Stevie Wonder, and some disco songs remind me of Kool & the Gand and EWF

Come on Please, lets not start the stevie wonder thing AGAIN!!!

And in a former post Mich Hucknall (lead singer, Simply Red), i do not hear where the voices are alike?
freaky
Mr Moon

Postby ivy on Tue Jan 17, 2006 5:15 am

the band can play reall well 8)
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby jamirocat on Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:00 pm

:mrgreen: i think Jamiroquai has its own sound...and jays voice has a distinct quality that rises with the music. i wouldn't compare their sound to anyone.

I like the variety and diverse sounds ...most of all, i love how it makes me feel.

:)
jamirocat
Supersonic

Postby Gilberquai on Thu Jan 26, 2006 7:51 pm

cheeeba lover wrote:a voice from the singer of simply red always reminds me of jay kay..dont know why..and of course maroon5 stole or converted "virtual insanity" into their own "sunday morning",and one of justin timberlakes videos is similar to little l video..

:wink: do u know why? because the seem person that made that video is the seem guy whose made the little l video and the seem guy whose made the miss lucifer video ,from "primal scream"... :wink:
Gilberquai
Mr Moon

Postby boss on Thu Jan 26, 2006 8:57 pm

any song can sound simiar because there are only so many chords and riffs to play but i like the way the band plays live and all the musicall instruments that they play your comparing them to rock songs and there music is funk and soul so there is the diffrence.
boss

Postby Gilberquai on Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:08 pm

i don't know can be incubus :wink:
Gilberquai
Mr Moon

Postby DJ Romeo on Mon Jan 30, 2006 10:31 pm

I think Jay and Remy Shand kinda sound alike
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

Postby PocketFullOfRainbows on Wed Feb 08, 2006 2:33 am

cheeeba lover wrote:a voice from the singer of simply red always reminds me of jay kay..dont know why..and of course maroon5 stole or converted "virtual insanity" into their own "sunday morning",and one of justin timberlakes videos is similar to little l video..

I actually listen to Maroon 5, and the similarity between Sunday Morning and Virtual Insanity never popped in my head :shock: I don't get it.
PocketFullOfRainbows
Mr Moon

Postby cheeeba lover on Wed Feb 08, 2006 7:43 am

o.k the main similarity is in the beggining..listen to the piano,and compare it with virtual insanity,and some bass lines;so man ypeople said that it was a jamiroquai ripp off
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby goldmember on Wed Feb 08, 2006 9:30 pm

Queen4aDay wrote:
cheeeba lover wrote:and of course maroon5 stole or converted "virtual insanity" into their own "sunday morning",and one of justin timberlakes videos is similar to little l video..
YES! I THINK THE SAME...THE VIDEO OF JUSTIN WERE OF THE SONG ROCK YOUR BODY :twisted:

Yea,and the way he dancing...oh,it's so funny! Justin looks like gay!! He'll never dance lika J!!
And Justin , please be so quick to walk away!!!! :D
goldmember
Space Cowboy

Postby cheeeba lover on Thu Feb 09, 2006 7:56 am

yeah but the sad thing is that justin is getting all the props and jay is getting sh*t..but when you think about it great musical taste is a rarity,so this thought always keeps my head up!
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby King Snake on Thu Feb 09, 2006 8:04 am

Jay Kay and Jamiroquai should have never enter the shady world of popstardom...

It fucked up their identity and credibility...

Look at it now, ppl compare Jamiroquai with Justin Timbergay and Maroon Puke, what's that about...

Back in the days, ppl compared them at least with (old) Michael Jackson, EWF, Stevie Wonder, etc.
King Snake
Supersonic

Postby Prata on Thu Feb 09, 2006 6:50 pm

The music from Jamiroquai and also Jay's voice remind me of Stevie Wonder...
Prata

Next

Return to The Band