Home
Jamiroquai

Where's Wallis

The members of Jamiroquai. Talk about their musical styles, techniques, instruments...

Where's Wallis

Postby Prits on Mon Apr 25, 2005 10:22 am

He wasn't on the last album (correct me if i'm wrong) has he left or will he be back with JK & co for the tour :?:
Prits

Re: Where's Wallis

Postby Funky Laura on Tue Apr 26, 2005 8:40 pm

Prits wrote:He wasn't on the last album (correct me if i'm wrong) has he left or will he be back with JK & co for the tour :?:

Wallis come back pleaseeeeeeeeeeee :cry:

LadyLaura
Funky Laura
Supersonic

Postby ixidor on Tue Apr 26, 2005 9:38 pm

it was a mistake to fire wallis
ixidor
Supersonic

Postby FunkEducation on Thu Apr 28, 2005 4:25 am

perhaps Wallis is on the streets right now asking Jay: when you gonna learn man??? hehhehe
or maybe: don't you remember the morning glories we lived.... don't you remember we used to make music as partners???

he's a great musician, but it seems Jay Kay loves his computers and not natural instruments... it's a real sad thing cos i really love the old sound!
FunkEducation

Postby ixidor on Thu Apr 28, 2005 8:16 am

if you see the first concerts, sola was on the stage even if he doesnt played on a song, just dancing, the last time i saw him think was on the concert in japan 1999 at tokyo dome, making Supersonic, another sont i dont remember i think Journey To Aenhemland, and dancing on a corner on the last song canned heat, like he was forgottem like he wasnt important, thats not right men

ixidor
Supersonic

Postby Funky Laura on Thu Apr 28, 2005 11:41 am

ixidor wrote:if you see the first concerts, sola was on the stage even if he doesnt played on a song, just dancing, the last time i saw him think was on the concert in japan 1999 at tokyo dome, making Supersonic, another sont i dont remember i think Journey To Aenhemland, and dancing on a corner on the last song canned heat, like he was forgottem like he wasnt important, thats not right men

Wallis is the name, not Sola :lol:
Funky Laura
Supersonic

Postby ixidor on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:12 pm

ur riight, that happens when you write too quick!!!!
sorry

ixidor
Supersonic

Postby Funky Laura on Thu Apr 28, 2005 12:17 pm

[quote="ixidor"]ur riight, that happens when you write too quick!!!!
sorry

no problem cowboy :wink:
Funky Laura
Supersonic

Postby cheeeba lover on Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:04 pm

FunkEducation wrote:perhaps Wallis is on the streets right now asking Jay: when you gonna learn man???
LOL
you have a sick sense of humour and i like it..hehe
so the question is what happend to him?i mean where is he now?
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby Catman84 on Thu Apr 28, 2005 1:21 pm

errrrr wrong section of the site mate!

Catman84
Mr Moon

Postby cheeeba lover on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:28 am

and how is that catman?
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby Catman84 on Fri Apr 29, 2005 8:51 am

cheeeba lover wrote:and how is that catman?

dont mind me.... lol just realised he aint in the band ne more.... i woulda said put it into the band members section... but realised that he isnt a current member but then just realised that the threads in the band members section arent really current members so im gonna say yeh chuk it into band members section ?

heheh

cheers guys

Catman84
Mr Moon

Postby High_Times on Sun May 01, 2005 11:22 am

Radio One: June 8, 1997

Pre-show Interview: Wallis Buchannan
Broadcasted before the Finsbury Park show, transcribed by the Dancing Buffalo Site.

pic from http://www.mtey.com

Wallis - Hi I'm Wallis Buchanan, Didgeridoo player.. for Jamiroquai
Lisa - So when did you, erm.. first hook up with the band
Wallis - Erm.. from the beginning really.. Erm, me and Jay, its like.. we have known each other from Ealing days, long time ago.. we used to skateboard and stuff. I hadn't seen him for couple of years and I was living in Camden.. and I heard that he was.. erm.. playing on this track called er.. "When You Gonna Learn.. and he asked me if I'd play on the intro.. so I said, yeah.. ok.. so I played on the intro and then it worked. It was about the environment and it was a earthy instrument. So then I thought.. ok we put a middle eight section in it.. just to spice it up, and it started from there really.
Lisa - What is it about the Didgeridoo, that... you know.. that turns you on
Wallis - Basically just the sound, you know.. when I first heard.. its like.. boy, I need to hear this sound again, and I did not know anyone who played it or where I could even buy the music from, so, I just thought.. I had to teach myself, so that's how it started and I had a plastic tube, to start of with.. did not have a didg. I learned the certain breathing techniques, took me about three months to get it and then, I had this tube.. and I never stopped..

Lisa - From West London, to Fort Worth.. (Wallis giggles) last time you played at Fort Worth, tell me about that gig
Wallis - Eleven on us on stage, and there were about five people in the audience.. but as the night went on.. we just had a laugh. More people came in and it was packed by the end of it
Lisa - What usually happens when you come of stage
Wallis - Normally, we just have a drink.. have a slaggin match or, like, some people start complaining about, you know.. the sound was not right or sometimes its like.. yeah, excellent gig or really good vibe, like specially in America now, like.. we have come over and started off in Vancouver and went down to Seattle and San Francisco, San Diego and Denver.. and its like the vibe, now, is.. just seems to be happening here now for us. You know what I mean.. the response, I think we have cracked it or, am I speaking to early..but, do you know what I mean, it feels like that
Lisa - Its all the excitement in the air
Wallis - And every seems to be talkin about Jamiroquai.. like in L.A.. and were doing Finsbury Park as well, and that's like 35,000 people and I think its sold out, already
Lisa - Does that surprise you..
Wallis - You don't feel any different. Ok your wages might go up. Yeah, I don't feel like I'm pop star, you know, I just like I'm Wallis Buchanan. I go to Tesco to do the same thing as everyone else does, you know.. back at home. Its like when your on the road, you sought of see it more, cause your just in it and its like.. the response you get from people and even like when where doing the arena's in England.. and Europe.. like in France, you play to 17,000, like that's when you know.. 17,000 people come to see you

Lisa - Do you feel.. I mean Jay is obviously the center of everything, without JK, there would be no Jamiroquai.. how do you feel about all the attention.. because.. obviously, its on you guys, but its all on him, as well, mainly on him..
Wallis - No, he can have the attention, that cool with me..
Lisa - Suits you fine
Wallis -Yeah, that's cool
Lisa - Do you feel he hogs the attention, though
Wallis - No, his a real showman, but we all have to be sometimes.. you know what I mean, but your not really being a showman.. your just being yourself.. what you are. I think everyone hogs it now or then

Lisa - Alright.. my final question is "Where do you see it all going in five years for now, say. Its always hard to predict the future, but.. general directions??
Wallis - I just think it will just go on. I don't know where it will branch too.. No one really knows.. but I just know, its just a progression, a natural progression, I mean.. we have done three albums now... say it was a piece of cake.. you've just had a a quarter of Jamiroquai. Theirs plenty of more to come. Its just the beginning
Lisa - Might we have a Mister Buchanan solo venture
Wallis - Ohh yeah, yeah.. don't worry about that. That's in the pipeline.. thats in the didjeridoo (manic laughter)
High_Times
Supersonic

Postby ixidor on Sun May 01, 2005 6:33 pm

lol catman, poor wallis,i cant find any information on internet on what is he doing now

KICK THAT SWITCH AND HIPERZONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ixidor
Supersonic

Postby Jamiro1987 on Sun May 15, 2005 5:05 pm

yeah missed wallis on the last album, sad that there wasn't a laid back didj instrumental thrown into AFO in teh tradition of 'Journey to Arnhemland' or 'Didjirama' but then, i suppose bands have gotta move with the times and keep it fresh. Love the old skool didj songs though :)....would like to know what became of him though.

Keep It Funky
'87
Jamiro1987

Postby MorRisOn on Sun Jun 05, 2005 4:22 am

I know than jamiro need the aborigin instrument sound :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)
MorRisOn

Postby mr.aZ on Tue Sep 27, 2005 3:01 am

MorRisOn wrote:I know than jamiro need the aborigin instrument sound :lol: :lol: 8) 8) 8)

i think wallis is gonna comeback soon
mr.aZ
Dynamite

Location: mendoza, this corner of argentina is like me in many ways

Postby cheeeba lover on Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:46 am

that would bring tears to my eyes,sriously!(of course happy tears)
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby charaudeau on Thu Oct 13, 2005 7:32 pm

Yes, it would be great to have him back. I miss so much the didjeridoo on the tracks. When they played in Toronto for AFO Wallis couldn't make it because he was having stomach problems. I don't know if he's OK, has anyone ever heard that he's healthy again?
charaudeau

Postby DiscoDave on Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:26 pm

cheeeba lover wrote:that would bring tears to my eyes,sriously!(of course happy tears)

Here here, such a pity he aint around. :( as stu too :( god i feel depressed thinking what could have been.
DiscoDave
Supersonic

Postby DJ Romeo on Thu Feb 02, 2006 11:58 pm

I liked Wallis, They need to bring him back
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

Postby freaky on Fri Feb 03, 2006 10:01 pm

DJ Romeo wrote:I liked Wallis, They need to bring him back

You remember him on stage...
When there was no song for him to play.
He was always jumping up and down getting the crowd to go wild!!!
He's a great entertainer!
freaky
Mr Moon

Postby Sandriche on Fri Feb 03, 2006 11:46 pm

i just watched the munich concert 1993...wallis is cool
Sandriche

Postby DJ Romeo on Sat Feb 04, 2006 8:01 am

If you notice in the Alright Video, he was dancin around. He was ill. He Freaky, theres your NY Slang! NY Word for today is ILL!
DJ Romeo
Mr Moon

Postby yougivemesomething on Sat Feb 04, 2006 9:55 am

we had a discussion about the difference between sick and ill before. now what is it again?
yougivemesomething
Space Cowboy

Next

Return to The Band