Home
Jamiroquai

Jay Kay's hat from virtual insanity video

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

Jay Kay's hat from virtual insanity video

Postby dogfish on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:53 am

I have the original hat that jay kay wore in the virtual insanity video, with it came a provenance to prove that this hat is genuine, some 8 or 9 years ago, my now ex girlfriend, in a fit of rage threw out all the proof that I had regarding jay Kay's hat. Can anyone help me or advise me how I might go about getting some new proof as to the originality of this hat? Thank you
dogfish

Re: Jay Kay's hat from virtual insanity video

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 2:55 pm

Wow! :shock: That's awesome dogfish! How did you get the hat? Really great... but you wanna sell it or you just need a proof... er...?? Maybe you could contact the person who sold it to you...? I guess you've already done that... I'm sorry, I'm afraid I can't help you... I hope somebody here will be able to... maybe the moderators??? Good luck anyway! :D
(and welcome here! :wink: )
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Sun Apr 01, 2012 11:08 pm

Welcome Dogfish!
dogfish wrote:I have the original hat that jay kay wore in the virtual insanity video,
:lol: is this some sort of April Fools day joke :wink:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby dogfish on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:47 pm

no joke!! i won it at a local school raffle....something to do with a band member donating it to the school to help raise funds (not sure if he had a child go there or he was a former pupil). i had the ticket and a signed photo by jay kay as proof of where it came from. gonna take photo and add it as my profile.
dogfish

Postby Giba7 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:00 pm

dogfish, are you in England? pretty cool raffle!
You don't need proof, if it is yours to keep. You know it. I believe it.
But Post a pic!
Karma to that girl who destroyed your stuff. :x :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:48 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:
dogfish wrote:I have the original hat that jay kay wore in the virtual insanity video,
:lol: is this some sort of April Fools day joke :wink:

:lol: :lol: Had the same thought!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby LisaTheLisa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:59 pm

That would be cool. But I find this very hard to believe. One reason I find it hard to believe is that you posted it on April Fool's day. Another reason is that I would think that on the internet somewhere it would mention that this hat was sold or given away - which I have never seen. And I'm obsessed with Virtual Insanity -the video and the song - so if anybody were to find this information - I think I would have seen it. Lastly - I think Jay still has that hat and has worn it within the last year or so. I can't exactly remember - but I have seen a video of him at a club or something preforming from 2010, I think, and he's wearing that hat.

Now, If you really do have the hat - you either have to contact Jamiroquai to get a copy of your proof or you need to contact the person or company you got it from. You can try asking Jamiroquai's Facebook, they send you messages sometimes if you ask a question.
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Jazzhole on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:58 pm

Just make your price... being the original or not, i don't care, i just been looking for a virtual insanity hat everywhere and i can't find it.
Jazzhole
Supersonic

Postby LisaTheLisa on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:44 pm

Jazzhole wrote:Just make your price... being the original or not, i don't care, i just been looking for a virtual insanity hat everywhere and i can't find it.

Yeah, I don't want to encourage this guy, but if someone had the original VI hat and auctioned it off - it would sell for thousands of dollars. That was such a popular video . . .
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 8:36 pm

I guess Dogfish swam away.......
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby Giba7 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 1:31 am

I guess I'm just gullible!

but really, if you owned something really cool, and it meant something to you, good for you, (regardless of if it's real!) :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dogfish on Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:14 am

still here.....why would it be a joke? just because i posted on april fools day....think you will find it was after 12 anyway!!
not great on the computer so i had a friend help me find the best place to get some help. cant workout where i can add a photo to show you doubters that i have it. and to the person that thinks i am lying because they THINK they have seen jay kay wearing it and THEY have not heard of anything of it being raffled maybe your not a big enough fan and i would also like to see the photo you have seen in 2010. i have had the hat in my room for nearly 10 years and i didnt lend it to jay 2 years ago...
thanks for the advice about facebook i will have a look this weekend.
dogfish

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:38 pm

dogfish,

We can help you post a photo.
ErinUSA

Postby LisaTheLisa on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:12 pm

dogfish wrote: . . . maybe your not a big enough fan . .

:lol: :lol: OMG I can't laugh about this comment enough. I'm absolutely OBSESSED with Jamiroquai! My friends make comments all the time . . . :lol:
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:59 pm

dogfish, get a photobucket.com account. :wink:

awesome about the hat either way. If it's real, you have it.
if it's not real, you probably still have something similar!

I didn't like the hat too much, because I could never get a good enough look at the singer.
And that really frustrated me!! :lol: I had to figure out who he was! Never knew.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sat Apr 07, 2012 6:38 pm

Even If it's not the real hat, it is awesome enough! That is one BIG hat :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Return to Jay Kay