Home
Jamiroquai

Anyone here met JK?

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

Anyone here met JK?

Postby funkyette on Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:11 pm

anyone care to share their story and experience....i heard some people say he is a jerk and others say he is nice...so what's he like? :wink:
Last edited by funkyette on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkyette
Supersonic

Re: Anyone here met JK?

Postby ophone on Sun Aug 01, 2010 4:34 pm

I've met bandmembers several times:
Derrick, Rob, Paul, Matt, Sola...

Unfortunately I still didn't have the pleasure to meet Jay...
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby JamiroNuts on Sun Aug 01, 2010 7:12 pm

Never met him but I've seen him live.

Some people say Jay is a twat, he seems like a nice guy but I couldn't tell since I've never met him. He certainly also has his private side not known by the public. :wink:
JamiroNuts
Supersonic

Postby funkyette on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:40 pm

ophone wrote:I've met bandmembers several times:

aww :(..but that's so awesome you met the other bandmembers, so what are they like in person?
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby funkyette on Mon Aug 02, 2010 7:45 pm

JamiroNuts wrote:Never met him but I've seen him live.

Some people say Jay is a twat, he seems like a nice guy but I couldn't tell since I've never met him. He certainly also has his private side not known by the public. :wink:

yea some people on youtube were saying he is a twat, arrogant and etc....i wonder if he has ever mistreated his fans
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Tue Aug 03, 2010 12:01 am

I met Sola once in London at a Gig of him...he was very friendly, was happy to sign his cd for me and chatted a bit...very lovely person.
In Ahaus 2008 I got the chance with some other fans to hang around backstage..had a chat with Rob Harris about guitars which was so coool..met Paul for a bit too ...they are so down to earth and cool.
We met Jay..he was very generous to his fans that night..was thanking them for being so loyal and travelling around...I think he has two sides...and I guess u need that being in the show biz...I also reckon he is a perfectionist and sometimes can be a little " difficult"...he knows he is a rockstar!
I couldn´t say anything really bad...from a fan´s point of view ;)
Sandriche

Postby Giba7 on Tue Aug 03, 2010 3:40 am

Not saying I met him...
I met someone a long time ago. He was with 2 friends, I clearly remember the one with short dark hair because he seemed so much younger. At a dance club. Unusual night.

A month after, I saw an interview with Jay talking about their new album, I thought "that's the guy!"

Just last year, I came across Jamiroquai again, and all this music they had over the years. And something stands out. So I wonder again, was this him? But on my side of town? C'mon! No way!

The funny thing is, this club changed hands, and is now called the "Luna Lounge"! (the Earth's moon) :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby lovefoolish on Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:01 pm

Hey everyone. I met Derrick last year and he is such a nice person, really genuine and down to earth. They say you can tell a lot about a person through the people they hang out with so i'm thinking Jay probably is quite a nice bloke when you get to know him. :D :D
lovefoolish

Postby ophone on Wed Aug 04, 2010 12:46 pm

funkyette wrote:
ophone wrote:I've met bandmembers several times:

aww :(..but that's so awesome you met the other bandmembers, so what are they like in person?

They're nice blokes. :mrgreen:
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby funkyette on Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:41 pm

it seems fame has not let the band become ego maniacs and it seems like jay and the others are genuine people...thanks guys for sharing your experience
keep them coming :wink: :D
Last edited by funkyette on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Fri Aug 06, 2010 3:35 pm

i've met Jay Kay, Rob Harris & Derrick Mckenzie backstage tnx to musicians i know @ Ahaus in germany 2008

Rob Harris in vip room @ nova jazz & blues night in Austria 2010

and had a hi from Rob in Belgium 2010 when they left the stage before the encore ;P

quite nice really, like especially with the musicians it's like u can talk to them very much, like u can hang around normally, just having conversations, not like just a fan, cause now i don't speak only about me but other jamily members too,that the band just knows some of us and that's really nice, a privilidge i'd say. jay ofcourse is more difficult to talk more to, but when some of us have the chance he still remembers most of the faces, but yea, he is very liked and so understandable he doesn't come out of the backstage, the amount would be to high for him to cope xD .in general he is very kind and cool to talk to, a nice fella! :)
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby Ninochka on Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:16 am

Never met Jay or the band... Here in Indonesia usually fans don't have access to the backstage, even it's just to ask for autographs, or taking photographs. I also missed the last year's gig too...
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Spacec0wboY on Sun Aug 08, 2010 10:32 am

Never met Jay, but would love to! Smoking cheeba with the guy would be incredible! Put on some morning glory and we got us a cheeba session!

Peace, love, good vibes!
Spacec0wboY

Postby JamiroNuts on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:42 am

Spacec0wboY wrote:Never met Jay, but would love to! Smoking cheeba with the guy would be incredible! Put on some morning glory and we got us a cheeba session!

Peace, love, good vibes!

That could have several meanings. :lol:
JamiroNuts
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Sun Aug 08, 2010 11:56 am

:lol: ... The only thing I would love to understand was: Is the morning glory the plant or not? Cause you can't smoke those flowers, can you? :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Sun Aug 08, 2010 3:31 pm

Yes you can. Also, morning glory is slang for something entirely different. :mrgreen:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby funkyette on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:25 pm

Jay F (funky_chill) wrote:i've met Jay Kay, Rob Harris & Derrick Mckenzie backstage tnx to musicians i know @ Ahaus in germany 2008

Rob Harris in vip room @ nova jazz & blues night in Austria 2010

and had a hi from Rob in Belgium 2010 when they left the stage before the encore ;P

quite nice really, like especially with the musicians it's like u can talk to them very much, like u can hang around normally, just having conversations, not like just a fan, cause now i don't speak only about me but other jamily members too,that the band just knows some of us and that's really nice, a privilidge i'd say. jay ofcourse is more difficult to talk more to, but when some of us have the chance he still remembers most of the faces, but yea, he is very liked and so understandable he doesn't come out of the backstage, the amount would be to high for him to cope xD .in general he is very kind and cool to talk to, a nice fella! :)

you and some of the other fans are so lucky to meet the band more than once :)...i guess jay is not the easiest bandmember to meet :?...but thats so cool he and the others do remember certain fans.....thanks for sharing
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby funkyette on Sun Aug 08, 2010 9:28 pm

Ninochka wrote:Never met Jay or the band... Here in Indonesia usually fans don't have access to the backstage, even it's just to ask for autographs, or taking photographs. I also missed the last year's gig too...

:( that sucks, how come the indonesian fans don't have access?
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Mon Aug 09, 2010 1:51 am

Ninochka wrote:Never met Jay or the band... Here in Indonesia usually fans don't have access to the backstage, even it's just to ask for autographs, or taking photographs. I also missed the last year's gig too...

Hey .. i missed the concert too .. i remember i was weeping all day .. and the ticket is freaking expensive y konw! Umm .. from which part of Indonesia r u?

Meet Jay and the band is like my eternal endless dream .. :(
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Mon Aug 09, 2010 3:52 am

Whoa :shock: It's a pleasure to find another fan from Indonesia! I thought I was the only one...

BlackCapricornDay wrote:
Meet Jay and the band is like my eternal endless dream .. :(

It's my dream too...

I'm from a city somewhere near Jakarta... not so far from the last gig's city... but I missed it! :(
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Ninochka on Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 am

funkyette wrote:

:( that sucks, how come the indonesian fans don't have access?

I hate it too :( :evil: Too many securities, except you're a reporter or something like that...
Mostly for international bands/artist.

Maybe they're too paranoid about the artist's privacy /security.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Mon Aug 09, 2010 9:23 am

Jameerica wrote:Yes you can. Also, morning glory is slang for something entirely different. :mrgreen:

It's official...I'm always learning. :lol:

Also, never met none of the members but I do believe it would be dificult. Here the security is tight too. You can't just go and say: I'm a huge fan, let me in. :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Ninochka on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Jameerica wrote:Yes you can. Also, morning glory is slang for something entirely different. :mrgreen:

Eeew...
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby R I T A on Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:42 pm

caroli wrote:

It's official...I'm always learning. :lol:

Also, never met none of the members but I do believe it would be dificult. Here the security is tight too. You can't just go and say: I'm a huge fan, let me in. :lol:

that would be freakin' awesome!! everyone would have a picture with the band and autographs. argh...the security :evil: (i know it's not their fault)
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby Jameerica on Mon Aug 09, 2010 2:08 pm

Ninochka wrote:

Eeew...

I guess you googled it, huh? :lol:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Next

Return to Jay Kay