Home
Jamiroquai

JAY'S FERRARI ENZO SMASHED IN - 3 MAR 2009

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

JAY'S FERRARI ENZO SMASHED IN - 3 MAR 2009

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:59 am

Hi everyone, I found this article today - poor Jay...

Pop star's £1m car attacked in Suffolk resort
03 March 2009 10:46

Singer Jay Kay's 1 million pound Ferrari was smashed up this morning following an apparent row at a hotel in the upmarket seaside resort of Aldeburgh in Suffolk.

Police sources said a 21-year-old man had been arrested and was being held in custody.

The Jamiroquai frontman, who is famed for his love of fast cars, was today unwilling to discuss the alleged attack on his car.

The driver's side window and windscreen of his black Ferrari Enzo were smashed in. Shards of glass were sprayed across the road outside the Brudenell Hotel, where he was staying.

http://new.edp24.co.uk/content/news/sto ... 3A22%3A313

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Re: JAY'S FERRARI ENZO SMASHED IN - 3 MAR 2009

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 12:08 pm

Here's more info...

Jamiroquai singer's £1m Ferrari attacked 'after row'
03 March 2009

SINGER Jay Kay's £1 million Ferrari was smashed up this morning following an alleged row at a hotel in an upmarket seaside resort.
The incident happened in Aldeburgh, Suffolk, in the early hours.

Police sources confirmed that a 21-year-old man had been arrested and was being held in custody.

The Jamiroquai frontman, who is famed for his love of fast cars, was today unwilliADVERTISEMENTng to discuss the alleged attack on his car.

The driver's side window and windscreen of his black Ferrari Enzo were smashed in. Shards of glass were sprayed across the road outside the Brudenell Hotel, where he was staying.

A spokeswoman for Suffolk Police said: "A 21-year-old man has been arrested in connection with the incident and is in custody at Lowestoft police station."

She said the alleged incident happened between midnight and 2.20am today and added that officers were called at 2.30am.

The Ferrari Enzo suffered "substantial damage" to its front and driver's side windows, she said.

A local man, who did not want to be named, was drinking in the hotel last night and said the singer was having "a few drinks".

"He said he had come to Aldeburgh to get some fish and chips," said the man.

"He was with someone else, who I think was called Brad. They were having a few drinks. I bought him (Jay Kay) a double vodka and tonic and his friend was drinking Morgan Spice.

"I arrived at the hotel at about 6pm and Jay Kay shouted at me to come over. He had seen me arrive in my car and wanted to talk about it.

"I was driving a Supra. He said it was not in the same league as his car. He said it had cost about £900,000. He said it was the first car of its type in the country."

The man said he left the hotel at about 7.15pm and had no idea what had happened afterwards.

"It looks pretty bad," he said. "There's a lot of damage to the car. I'm sure Jay Kay won't be happy."

The singer was seen returning to the hotel at about 10.30am.

When approached by a reporter, he said: "I don't want to talk about it."

Source: http://thescotsman.scotsman.com/enterta ... 5032461.jp

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm

You can see some photos of the car here...

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... Id=2289545

It actually doesn't LOOK as bad as it sounded in the articles - thank goodness :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Jameerica on Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:24 pm

Why oh why should we care about his car? I'm sure he's got enough money to replace all of the windows several times over :roll:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby caroli on Tue Mar 03, 2009 2:12 pm

omg! His porr baby (I want one too)! We should care about the incident by itself not for the car.. (But the car is a piece of art and the person who did this is an a**h***!) :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:01 pm

LoL why should we care about the accident? He didn't get hurt, and it certainly doesn't hurt his music-making capabilities (I think)
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Tue Mar 03, 2009 7:07 pm

poor Enzo ! :roll:

... :lol:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Velidhu on Tue Mar 03, 2009 10:18 pm

Poor black devil car!!!
Velidhu
Supersonic

Postby Virtual L on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:42 am

Hrm.. it wasn't too bad, ah you surely can pain that over or something haha. I bet he can buy another. :lol:
Virtual L
Starchild

Postby caroli on Wed Mar 04, 2009 2:30 pm

The car is important not because of the money it costs, but because it's his car! Just because of that! :lol:

Jameerica wrote:LoL why should we care about the accident? He didn't get hurt, and it certainly doesn't hurt his music-making capabilities (I think)

What do you mean you that statement? :( ........... :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:22 pm

Here is another article re: the violator admitting his actions.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 923319.stm

This, IMO, is an extremely disrespectful act. It shouldn't matter the type of car orevalue it holds. This is a violation of someone's property and that is to be considered criminal, and is. I had someone smash into my beloved vintage American muscle car outside of my home a few years ago. They hit my car with such force that it ended up going through my house and into my guest bathroom. Then the thug proceeded to disconnect his vehicle from mine and drive away where he was later aprrehended by police.

My car is not even in the same league price wise or performance wise and Jay's. But that wasn't what was going through my mind at the time. The sentimental upset was far worse than the financial one. The finacial upset set in later. But thanks to insurance I was covered. I can't speak for Jay in this matter, but I'm sure it's a bit of both for him. And by the way, there is a lot of damage to that car. The glass shards that were strewn across the paint are more than likely going to require a complete paint job to the entire vehicle in order to make sure the paint matches from end to end.

I don't know if there is even such a thing as "spot painting" a Ferrari Enzo.

Hopefully court proceedings in this matter don't interfere with any of the band's performance schedules. That is a possibility, unless a lawyer can represent Jay on his behalf. This, I'm sure, is going to be a long headache for a long while. It's really unfortunate.
Last edited by ErinUSA on Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:04 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ErinUSA

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Mar 04, 2009 7:25 pm

My car is not even in the same league price wise or performance wise and Jay's.

What I meant to say was...

My car is not even in the same league price wise or performance wise AS Jay's.
ErinUSA

Postby Tiffinypie on Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:14 pm

Well its not the first time that Jay pissed someone off. :wink: ( headbutt)

Hi Erin nice to see another US fan in here :D

HAHA the newsclip, http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/7922399.stm

Funny guy.
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby Seoul Education on Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:07 am

I guess someone read what I wrote about things getting boring :lol:

OMG that was hilarious :lol: :lol: I had a good laugh in the office this morning...jeeze...it was a bit surreal when Jay was being silly while the reporter was on! I don't know what to say.

Yes, a crime was commited and that "pastry" :lol: chef should be punished, but I'm sorry, there are bigger issues in the world to get upset over. Hey, my ipod broke!
Seoul Education
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Thu Mar 05, 2009 7:26 am

caroli wrote:The car is important not because of the money it costs, but because it's his car! Just because of that! :lol:

Jameerica wrote:LoL why should we care about the accident? He didn't get hurt, and it certainly doesn't hurt his music-making capabilities (I think)

Now sorry Caroli, but that's really... not fair. So, if it was someone else's very rare Ferrari Enzo that had two cracks in the windows, you wouldn't feel sad? :lol:
What I mean by that statement is that this all is really pathetic. Other people's cars get their windows smashed far worse, get warped beyond repair, people don't often have enough money to fix them but they don't land in the news because they're not celebrities. So why the hell should Jay's car get in the papers? Go fix it like everyone else does, man :roll:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Virtual L on Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:06 am

Amen dudette, that's true fo sho! and, yeah I think that his car being smashed -or more getting a little scratch- isn't a relevant thing to discuss.. Shouldn't it had been worse if Jay was in the car and the ferrari fell of a cliff? I mean c'mon, it's about a material subject here people. :wink:
Virtual L
Starchild

Postby Tiffinypie on Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:13 pm

OMG WHYYY?! :lol:! (pic) not him

http://www.estihirlap.hu/article.php?articleid=12855&catid=35

Sorry Kris , I had to go there! haha
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:01 pm

yea ive seen that tv reportage..lol hahaha when jay got out of the hotel and did his thing xD :P love the crazyness of mr. Kay haha 8) :P always makes me laugh/smile when he's doing such things xD
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby caroli on Thu Mar 05, 2009 5:19 pm

Jameerica wrote:
caroli wrote:The car is important not because of the money it costs, but because it's his car! Just because of that! :lol:

Now sorry Caroli, but that's really... not fair. So, if it was someone else's very rare Ferrari Enzo that had two cracks in the windows, you wouldn't feel sad? :lol:
What I mean by that statement is that this all is really pathetic. Other people's cars get their windows smashed far worse, get warped beyond repair, people don't often have enough money to fix them but they don't land in the news because they're not celebrities. So why the hell should Jay's car get in the papers? Go fix it like everyone else does, man :roll:

You get it all wrong! I was saying that it's not the cost, just the importance of our own car! My car was stolen once and I was almost passing away! And I was asking (and only for joking) what did you mean with that statement about his music-making capacities! Because I already know what you think.. :wink: :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Virtual L on Thu Mar 05, 2009 8:15 pm

Ouch, ouch, sting!!! :lol: and btw C aren't you too young to own a car?? xD
Virtual L
Starchild

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:36 am

Here are some photos of Jay from Suffolk...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:48 am

and some more photos...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 am

Here's the official word from JMQ.com...

Jay's Car Vandalised: In The News
Posted on 04.03.2009

You may have seen reports in the news about Jay's Enzo being vandalised. Jay was understandably upset & angry about this but we can add no further comment at this stage because details are still being investigated.

Source: http://www.jamiroquai.com/?structure=&c ... anguage=EN

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby R2D2 on Fri Mar 06, 2009 12:52 pm

Yep this is hilarious.

IT's a bit slack that his car got wrecked by a vandal or maybe someone who is envious. It does piss me off that wankers wreck other peoples prperty that they have worked hard for, but this did make me laugh, because people get their cars wrecked every day.

Why did Jay Kay come and and do a jig behind the newsreporter? I don't get it??? Well at least he wasn't swinging punches this time :P
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Fri Mar 06, 2009 2:21 pm

Virtual L wrote:Ouch, ouch, sting!!! :lol: and btw C aren't you too young to own a car?? xD

Of course not! :lol:

Jay darling you need a tan! Even more than L... :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Next

Return to Jay Kay