Home
Jamiroquai

Jay becomes a patron of the CAPS

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

Postby 27 star on Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:25 am

CAPS were on local BBC Radio yesterday. They were campaigning about the Bobby Roberts Circus which has a 54 year old elephant called Ann (who has arthritus). She only gets brought out at intervals to have her photo taken. Apart from that she lives in solitary confinement and is transported around the country about 10 months a year! Why do so many people think this is still acceptable in the 21st century?!!!
27 star

Postby dargelita on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:48 pm

27 star wrote:! Why do so many people think this is still acceptable in the 21st century?!!!

who said that?
dargelita
Runaway

Postby 27 star on Wed Oct 10, 2007 5:59 pm

Who said what?
27 star

Postby Jameerica on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:00 pm

dargelita wrote:
27 star wrote:! Why do so many people think this is still acceptable in the 21st century?!!!

who said that?

It doesn't need to be said;actions speak more than words...Look how we treat them!
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby 27 star on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:15 pm

Ann the elephant was used in a car advert over here. CAPS campaigned for the car company to stop using her and they did.
Circuses and zoos are purely businesses-animal welfare is not at the top of their agenda. Why didn't London Zoo use the £13million they spent on the gorilla enclosure to help fund a sanctuary in Africa or Borneo instead?
I wish that people would actually stop and look at what they are seeing in front of them at zoo enclosures- a giraffe licking bars, a tiger pacing and a gorilla making itself sick is NOT how they behave in the wild, no matter what zoos try and tell us. I wish that more adults would educate their children about animal welfare, zoos and circuses will only cease to exist if people stop visiting them!
27 star

Postby dargelita on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:25 pm

Jameerica wrote:
dargelita wrote:

who said that?

It doesn't need to be said;actions speak more than words...Look how we treat them!

i know but... at least I'M NOT one of them :roll:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Jameerica on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:32 pm

Yes you are,you're human :roll: The guilt is on all of humanity,all of us :roll:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:46 pm

no i'm not !

bah.. whatever.
dargelita
Runaway

Postby 27 star on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:47 pm

Well, what it comes down to is the fact we can all make the right decisions, I choose not to visit zoos, circuses and wildlife parks and by doing that, then I am doing my little bit in supporting the animal rights/protection movement.
The sad things is, so many people visit zoos because its a "day out", it has nothing to do with learning more about animals. Captive animals do not act in captivity the same way that they act in the wild anyway. So there goes the 'education' defense that many zoos have!
27 star

Postby Jameerica on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:49 pm

Ignorance...People,as it seems,don't want to know the truth!
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby kg on Wed Oct 10, 2007 7:04 pm

yes!!
kg
Dynamite

Postby Jam Fan (Natalie) on Thu Oct 11, 2007 7:58 am

All this week the circus is here in my city, and yesterday going past on the bus I could see hundreds of people queueing up outside, getting excited, but for what? Seeing that huge tent surrounded by bright lights, like a big celebration for animal cruelty, it made me feel quite ill.

But it seems, sadly, that only people in Jay's financial position have a real opportunity to help. But what do they do with all that money? They'd rather fill up the backs of all their ridiculously expensive cars with oversized speakers
Jam Fan (Natalie)
Dynamite

Postby Verena on Thu Oct 11, 2007 8:52 am

Hi guys, I was reading the last post and there is something I think of:

It is not true that only "rich" people can do something to stop animal cruelty such as zoos and circus, we all can, how? without goin to circus, sperading the voice around, making clevel chooses like to go only at circus that do not use animals ( cirque du soleil is the most famous but not the only one).

In Italy people believe that zoos are politically incorrect so they are closing up which is good, but on the other hand they are opening so called :" oasis for animals" or "safari camps" ( probably politically correct !) that mainly just enlarge the dimentions of the cages. I guess you now what I mean, those stupid places wher you can get in with the car to see stoned tigers freezing up at the italian/european wheater.
well this should change, is not the dimentions of the cage that make the action cruel or uncruel, is the basis, the idea of that.

so maybe "rich" people spend they're money in oversized speackers. ( far out if this is what they want I'm not gonna judge)..but we can all do something just without giving our money to this kind of animals hell, being carefull that what we buy has not been tested over animals and being responsable for what we do daily.

and a part from that I'm proud of this J&Caps thing! even if he will "only" invest money in it...after all he could stay whitout doing this no?

Natalie..I know how you felt..I feel the same every time that damned circus park in my city! :cry: :cry:

Vere
Verena

Postby Jam Fan (Natalie) on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:43 am

I agree it's not only "rich" people that can make a difference, it just seems that way. Of course we can all make the decision to not go to these places, but unless enough people do so, it won't stop it going on.
Jam Fan (Natalie)
Dynamite

Postby Verena on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:49 am

sure, you're right!

but we can still give it a try!

one day our generation will be the parents bringing kids out for fun ( or generationS :D ) so there's hope!

Vere
Verena

Postby Jam Fan (Natalie) on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:55 am

:D
Jam Fan (Natalie)
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:58 am

Well,we all can do something,but to make a real difference you definitely need funds :roll: As with anything :roll:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby kg on Thu Oct 11, 2007 9:28 pm

yeah, or influence, or a massive, group of people ready to die for...
kg
Dynamite

Postby firequeen on Fri Oct 12, 2007 12:38 pm

great Jay, I knew you were so special!!!!
firequeen

Postby R2D2 on Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:23 am

Hey this is pretty cool to hear. I'm not familiar with what caps is but i gather its an animal protection society. It's great when high profile people join these groups, but, i don't know, i do get a but cynical when it does happen because giving money to these fundsis such a toeknistic bandaid approach. Just going through the comments made most people are saying they hate zoos and circuses etc, but is that coz ur being politically correct, if you want to make a change, sure take jay kay's lead in a different way like, we may not be able to make massive financial donations but we can use our democratic rights to lobby govts and create a change in social attitudes towards keeping animals captive purely for our entertainment. thank goodness i can comfortably say i have always disliked zoos and it is not a new issue for me, and have always actively gotten involved with animal protection, mainly habitat and wildlife rehabilitation and maybe you could show you support jay kay by doing something hands on like joining a local group that rehabilitates damaged ecosystems, coz its not just about big animals we can see it's also about those that are too small to see but still deserve the right to exist..... I get really annoyed when such a serious and big issue often gets hijacked by fame.... cool the environment gets the support but where is the longevity in it all...anyways, i talk to much...right i am shutting up now ...zip!
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby 27 star on Thu Oct 18, 2007 7:16 pm

I totally agree with what you are saying.
I have been against animal captivity for the last 15 years or so. I NEVER visit zoos, circuses or wildlife parks. It's all about educating a younger generation to understand that animals are NOT there for our entertainment, it's demoralising and completely out dated. We can all make a point by not buying in to the whole animal entertainment industry. Without support and finances, they cannot keep going!
27 star

Postby kg on Fri Oct 19, 2007 3:06 pm

lm with you :wink:
kg
Dynamite

Postby R2D2 on Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:09 am

oh hey, thanks for agreeing u guys!
R2D2
Supersonic

Postby maybe on Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:57 am

Jameerica wrote:Well,we all can do something,but to make a real difference you definitely need funds :roll: As with anything :roll:

or the right organisation talent
lots of people have -
even crooks with crappy websites
maybe
Mr Moon

Postby kg on Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:08 pm

lol, again!
and a awful true! :lol:
kg
Dynamite

Previous

Return to Jay Kay