Home
Jamiroquai

JAY KAY ARRESTED!!!!!!!!

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

JAY KAY ARRESTED!!!!!!!!

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:17 am

Hi everyone, I just found this article - I hope it's not true!!!!!

JAY KAY ARRESTED FOR 'ATTACKING PHOTOGRAPHER'

JAMIROQUAI singer JAY KAY was arrested this morning (12SEP06) after allegedly attacking a photographer outside a London nightclub.

The DEEPER UNDERGROUND hitmaker left London's exclusive Kabaret nightspot and began shouting at the paparazzi gathered outside. He roared, "What are you looking at?" and launched verbal tirades at photographers before he appeared to slap one snapper around the face.

Security staff manning the door at Kabaret bundled Kay into his waiting people carrier, but he refused to leave the scene and ventured back onto the street to issue more insults.

Police arrived moments later, handcuffed Kay and arrested him on suspicion of assault. He was taken to Saville Row police station for questioning.

Photographer ROWAN LAWRENCE, who was outside the club when the incident took place, says, "Jay looked like he'd had far too much to drink and was in a bad way. "There was no provocation for his actions and the guy had done nothing when Jay hit him around the face."

Kay has a history of picking fights with paparazzi - in 2002 he was left with a broken nose when photographer ALAN GRISBROOK head butted him in an argument over a broken camera.

Source: http://contactmusic.com/news.nsf/article/jay%20kay%20arrested%20for%20attacking%20photographer_1007935

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:44 am

SH*TE - I'm afraid it's true everybody, here are the photos of Jay being led out of the club by Police...

Poor, Jay I hope he's okay :( :( :(

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby ivy on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:49 am

same here samantha. :( thank u
ivy
Space Cowboy

Postby Sandriche on Tue Sep 12, 2006 2:54 am

oh no..that´s not good..he shouldn´t give reasons for negative critic now before the release of that great song :cry:
Sandriche

Postby Meimei on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:52 am

i think he was in bad mood for his own stuffs, so he reacted in that way!
so still, cheer up...
time to get a girlfriend :wink:
Meimei

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:55 am

Here's a photo without the watermark...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby cheeeba lover on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:24 am

he will be okay!
about the negative publicity,well its still publicity and maybe,i said maybe this was in purpose..every music star does this kind of things before the new release..
cheeeba lover
Supersonic

Postby djodjo on Tue Sep 12, 2006 6:59 am

:( :? :(

ps: Agree with Meimei. Time to get a girlfriend.
djodjo
Supersonic

Postby zaratino on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:21 am

this is so stupid...when will the paparazzi get a life!!!

jay, next time, you break his nose and his face and beat the hell out of him!
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby sedaquai on Tue Sep 12, 2006 7:55 am

calm down Jay!!

this is not the first time he attached photorapher..i think he must get used to photoraphers..or..it will worse for jAY :cry:
sedaquai
Space Cowboy

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 8:57 am

Here are some more photos - it doesn't look good really :( :( :(

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby zaratino on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:30 am

haven't we all got drunk really bad at some point in our lives...and it was bed...and then imagine that somebody was taking photos of you in that shape!

i think i'd do the same as jay!!! :evil:

ps. i am not agressive at all, but some things can really piss me off! :twisted: :roll: :wink:
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:50 am

These photos are quite small, but thought they're worth posting...

Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image Image

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 9:59 am

More photos...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:27 am

Boy oh boy - I've never been busier with all these photos/articles!!!!!!

Here's another article and photo for you all...

Jay Kay arrested after attacking paparazzi

Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has been arrested after an alleged assault on photographers outside a West End nightclub.

The star was taken away by police after a prolonged clash with the paparazzi.

Witnesses said they saw Kay lash out after leaving Kabaret's Prophecy in Soho with a friend in the early hours of today. He was alleged to have slapped one photographer and punched another in the head three times, before rounding on police with a volley of abuse.

"He was out of control, really lairy," said an onlooker. "He clearly had too much to drink and just wouldn't stop."

Kay, 36, appeared convinced that the photographers were waiting for him, when in fact they were hoping for a glimpse of actress Lindsay Lohan, who was also inside.

According to witnesses, the singer burst out of the bar yelling "monkeys" at the photographers and "squaring up to them".

He was said to have demanded of one photographer, "Are you Italian?" before slapping him and yelling: "Well, you aren't fast enough."

He then allegedly turned on another photographer, Alan Chapman, punching him three times in the side of the head and knocking off his glasses. A friend of the 50-year-old, who works for the Matrix picture agency, said he was left with a bloody nose and a huge bruise on his face.

Alessandro Copetti, who also works for Matrix, said: "Kay came out of the club, quite visibly drunk and just suddenly launched a vicious attack on us. He kept calling us 'gay boys from the south' and said he could take all of us on."

Club security men stepped in and bundled the singer into a waiting car - but as it drove away Kay jumped out for a second round of verbal attacks.

This time the police got involved. A passer-by said: "He rounded on them as well, yelling, 'I pay your wages'. One policeman said, 'well, everyone here pays our wages' and Jay Kay just came back with some nonsense, like, 'you all live in poverty you miserable f***ers'."

The officers eventually slapped Kay in handcuffs and led him to a waiting van that took him to Savile Row police station.

Source: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=404801&in_page_id=1773

and here's the photos of him punching the photographer...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Space Clav on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:02 am

Everybody was kung-fu fighting.
Space Clav
Supersonic

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:27 am

hehe @ kung-fu fighting. He was wearing his ring on his right hand - that would have hurt like hell being punched by someone with a ring on their finger.

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby zaratino on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:28 am

samantha1170 wrote:Boy oh boy - I've never been busier with all these photos/articles!!!!!!
SAMANTHA

and we are very thankful for that Samantha!!!
thank you! :D
zaratino
Space Cowboy

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:20 pm

Deary me, just when I was about to got to bed I find some more information - good news for Jay though - he wasn't charged...

Jay Kay cautioned after club clash

Jamiroquai frontman Jay Kay has been cautioned for common assault after an incident outside a nightclub.

The pop star was held by police after an apparent clash with photographers early on Tuesday.

London's Evening Standard newspaper quoted witnesses who said they saw Kay lash out after leaving Kabaret's Prophecy in Soho with a friend in the early hours.

According to the newspaper, he slapped one photographer and punched another, then rounded on police with a volley of abuse.

The 36-year-old appeared convinced that photographers were waiting for him when in fact they were hoping for a glimpse of actress Lindsay Lohan, who was also inside, it added.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "At approximately 2am this morning an officer on routine patrol in Upper John Street was alerted to a large crowd of people, including photographers, outside a night club.

"A man approached the officer and alleged he had been assaulted at the scene. He did not require hospital treatment. There are no further details about injuries.

"A man believed to be in his 30s was arrested in connection with the allegation and he has been taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody."

She added later: "The man who is in his 30s was given a caution for common assault and he has been released with no further action."

Source: http://uk.news.yahoo.com/12092006/344/jay-kay-cautioned-club-clash.html

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Kirka on Tue Sep 12, 2006 12:59 pm

I've just turned on the Internet...And there's so sad news.... Hey Jay! Well done!Joke... Bad joke... So... What we can do? We can only countenance Mr. Kay. Every drunken behaves so, I think...And when it is considered that Jayson Kay is famous man. So there's no reason to be surprised.
Kirka

Postby sarah-5 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 4:34 pm

It's a sad story :( ....and as Sandra said it was bad timing (not that the time can ever be right for doing such a thing :? )....but hopefully he'll learn something from this.
sarah-5
Mr Moon

Postby Virtual L on Tue Sep 12, 2006 5:31 pm

yes , and I´m surprised , i thought that he was used to have paparazzis around himself ..
Virtual L
Starchild

Postby samantha1170 on Tue Sep 12, 2006 10:17 pm

Morning everyone :) Here are a couple more articles I found...

JAMIROQUAI STAR CAUTIONED AFTER CLUB BRAWL

JAMIROQUAI frontman Jay Kay has today been cautioned by police following a fight with photographers outside a London nightclub.

The scrap, which took place outside London's exclusive Kabaret nightspot in the early hours of this morning, started after the singer became embroiled in an argument with a group of cameramen who were gathered outside.

Kay is alleged to have slapped one photographer and punched another in the head three times.

He was later handcuffed by police after security at the club struggled to move him along and was taken to Saville Row station for questioning.

One photographer at the scene, Rowan Lawrence, said: "There was no provocation for his actions and the guy had done nothing when Jay hit him around the face."

According to reports, the 36-year-old had mistakenly thought the photographers had been waiting for him outside the club - but were in fact hoping for a glimpse of actress Lindsay Lohan instead.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "At approximately 2am this morning an officer on routine patrol in Upper John Street was alerted to a large crowd of people, including photographers, outside a night club.

"A man approached the officer and alleged he had been assaulted at the scene. He did not require hospital treatment. There are no further details about injuries.

"A man believed to be in his 30s was arrested in connection with the allegation and he has been taken to a central London police station where he remains in custody."

A spokesman for Kay said: "I can confirm that Jay Kay was involved in an altercation with a photographer last night. He has been interviewed by the police and released with a caution."

The incident is not the first time the singer has been involved in a fight with a photographer.

In 2002 the funk star was left with a broken nose when snapper Alan Grisbrook head butted him in an argument over a broken camera lens.

Source: http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/tm_objectid=17731323&method=full&siteid=94762&headline=jamiroquai-star-cautioned-after-club-brawl-name_page.html

Singer Jay Kay Let Of With A Caution

Jamiroquai singer Jay Kay has again avoided prosecution over allegations he assaulted photographers outside a trendy London nightclub earlier today.

Unshaven multi-millionaire Kay looked dishevelled when he walked free from West End Central Police Station at around 12.30pm today after he was let off with a caution.

He had just spent more than 10 hours in a cell following his arrest outside a celebrity haunt following a drunken rampage.

When asked if he was okay, Kay simply muttered "Yes" before being driven away in a black people carrier.

He was carrying his personal belongings - including a classical music CD by Wagner and a lighter - in a see through plastic bag.

Earlier an "out of control" Kay, 36, was led away in handcuffs after turning on cops who were called when he clashed with photographers outside Kabaret Prophecy in Soho.

Kay has previously escaped charges for a string of alleged scuffles with photographers.

In a similar incident in April 2001, Kay was alleged to have slapped a paparazzi photographer and smashed his camera outside trendy nightclub Attica in the West End, causing £256 worth of damage. He was charged, but they were later dropped due to insufficient evidence.

The following year Kay was pictured with a bloody nose after an alleged early morning scuffle with a photographer in Covent Garden, central London, after he attended the premiere of Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones in nearby Leicester Square.

A Scotland Yard spokeswoman said: "We were alerted at around 2am this morning to a large crowd. At around that time someone was arrested in connection with an allegation by a man who said he had been assaulted. However, the at man did not require hospital treatment.

"At 12.30pm today a man, aged in his thirties, was given a caution for common assault and released with no further action to be taken."

The singer, famous for his love of fast cars, has been successfully prosecuted for speeding offences. In 1998 he was banned when police caught him driving at 111mph on the M40 in a Ferrari F40. Then in 2004 he was banned again for six months after he was clocked driving at 105mph on the A9 in Perthshire in a four wheel drive vehicle

Source: http://www.lse.co.uk/ShowStory.asp?story=KI1228964C&news_headline=singer_jay_kay_let_of_with_a_caution

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby California Grrl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:40 pm

Oh, I am so sad. I hate those pictures. My advice is for him to smoke more cheeba; enough liquor! I am so sad. At least it's just a caution. Oh, too much liquor. I hate those handcuffs. I am shocked and concerned. And, yes, he needs a girlfriend. :cry:
California Grrl
Supersonic

Postby California Grrl on Tue Sep 12, 2006 11:41 pm

This is a cry for help. His eyes are so sad. :cry:
California Grrl
Supersonic

Next

Return to Jay Kay