Home
Jamiroquai

IF YOU COULD HAVE TWO THING OF JAYS....... EDIT

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

Re: IF YOU COULD HAVE TWO THING OF JAYS....... EDIT

Postby Giba7 on Sat Feb 27, 2010 6:27 pm

Hope all the people of Chile are safe from the Earthquake, and all in Hawaii protected!!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Mon Mar 01, 2010 3:53 am

INDEED!
i got out of Chile just in time !
dargelita
Runaway

Postby R I T A on Wed Mar 03, 2010 9:22 pm

dargelita wrote:INDEED!

you were really lucky!
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Mar 05, 2010 3:05 am

dargelita wrote:INDEED!

Thank God! This world is just crazy these days, with all these Disasters!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Sat Mar 06, 2010 7:05 pm

i have to say that before i went to Chile, i heard in the news that there was an earthquake alert in Chaitén (that's the borderline betwixt Chile and Argentina) and nobody cared 'bout it!
dargelita
Runaway

Postby SilverMoon54 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:01 am

dargelita wrote:i have to say that before i went to Chile, i heard in the news that there was an earthquake alert in Chaitén (that's the borderline betwixt Chile and Argentina) and nobody cared 'bout it!
Last edited by SilverMoon54 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverMoon54

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm

SilverMoon54 wrote:
dargelita wrote:i have to say that before i went to Chile, i heard in the news that there was an earthquake alert in Chaitén (that's the borderline betwixt Chile and Argentina) and nobody cared 'bout it!
I wonder why :(

Just live your life! We Worry about the consequences later!

I've never been to South America. That's one thing I would want that Jay does. Travel to all these places.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sun Mar 07, 2010 7:08 pm

I can't agree with that! If they had paid attention as they should have done people in that area would be alive! That doesn't make a difference to you but to them I bet it does.
caroli
Dynamite

Postby SilverMoon54 on Mon Mar 08, 2010 2:31 am

Last edited by SilverMoon54 on Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SilverMoon54

Postby Sandriche on Mon Mar 08, 2010 12:51 pm

pls continue your discussion about chile here..

:arrow: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=7933
thanks
Sandriche

Postby Giba7 on Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:25 am

caroli wrote:I can't agree with that! If they had paid attention as they should have done people in that area would be alive! That doesn't make a difference to you but to them I bet it does.

I guess I should respond! :mrgreen:

It is the responsibility of the government to warn their people about potential earthquakes or hurricanes. And to help save lives. But if the people know if it, and choose to ignore it, this is just people living their life by choice.

I don't mean to say to "ignore potential disasters"! Sorry if it sounded that way!
But sometimes people think they are infallible.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:43 pm

Giba7 wrote:I've never been to South America. That's one thing I would want that Jay does. Travel to all these places.

i wonder what you like about it ! :P
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 14, 2010 3:57 pm

dargelita wrote:
Giba7 wrote:I've never been to South America. That's one thing I would want that Jay does. Travel to all these places.

I think of South America as interesting, and not so industrial as U.S. Nice culture and heritage.
I can say this -went to a wine tasting a month ago(U.S.) -best wines were Chilean. I would love to go to Brazil and their festivals (Carnaval). (I tried to learn Portuguese years ago -see it as a cross between spanish and italian).
And can't help but think of Argentina and its history -Peron and Eva!
And so much of South America is coastal.

Also would love to go to Cuba.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby JamiroNuts on Sun Mar 14, 2010 5:11 pm

]I've never been to South America. That's one thing I would want that Jay does. Travel to all these places.

I believe that if he wants to really know these places he to go there off the tour months. It seems that the Dynamite Tour was more relaxed though, and the band had time to go and visit places. It wasn't as heavy and hectic as the TWM tour, which must have been insanely tiring.
JamiroNuts
Supersonic

Postby dargelita on Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:16 pm

Giba7 wrote:
dargelita wrote:

I think of South America as interesting, and not so industrial as U.S. Nice culture and heritage.
I can say this -went to a wine tasting a month ago(U.S.) -best wines were Chilean. I would love to go to Brazil and their festivals (Carnaval). (I tried to learn Portuguese years ago -see it as a cross between spanish and italian).
And can't help but think of Argentina and its history -Peron and Eva!
And so much of South America is coastal.

Also would love to go to Cuba.

well... some say the best wines are from Chile other say the bests are from West Argentina. I have to say that they're the same: they come from the Patagonia which is part of Chile and part of Arg. (i don't drink though).
I've been to Cuba and it's beautiful!!! the ppl is so nice :mrgreen:
i'm glad you didn't name Maradona, Ginobilli or Messi. Ppl tend to think of them when it comes to talk about Argentina. We're not all about that :lol: :lol:
I live in a city full of stuff that reminds me of Eva and Peron: streets with their names, pictures, clubs with their names, statues, even the city is called Ciudad Evita (Evita City) and from the air it has the shape of Eva XD (i live in her bust :lol:)
dargelita
Runaway

Postby caroli on Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:52 pm

Messi plays like a lot! xD Only one thing must be corrected up there. Portuguese couldn't be more different from both Spanish and Italian. Italian and Portuguese are singed and (at least European Spanish) is spoken. There's no best way to say this. :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:25 pm

Don't cry for me Argentina..... I loved the musical. Hated the movie (even though Madonna hails from my area -one city over!)

The portuguese language just looks like a cross of spanish and italian -with its vowels. English is rooted in German, and doesn't sound as pretty as the romantic languages (edit!)
Last edited by Giba7 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Jameerica on Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:45 pm

Ahh that's harsh! I mean it does come off as slightly "edgy" or cold, but it has it's good sides too, per example it's very rhythmic.
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby dargelita on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:56 am

Giba7 wrote:The portuguese language just looks like a cross of spanish and italian -with its vowels.

oh nononono... well it's true that if i hear an italian or a portuguese speaking slowly (really slowly) i'll be able to understand. but they have nothing to do with each other. also it's true that many words in spanish, when it comes to read those, they seem to be the same. like... language = lenguaje / emerald = esmeralda / comment = comentar / activity = actividad / note = nota / april = abril / film = filme / music = musica / attractive = atractivo etc etc... :lol:
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Mar 16, 2010 12:47 pm

Jameerica wrote:Ahh that's harsh! I mean it does come off as slightly "edgy" or cold, but it has it's good sides too, per example it's very rhythmic.

And rhythm is good -like music, right?

But we should get back to the topic -what 2 things would you like of Jays?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:44 pm

*still offtopic* Just noticed that apparently Jay means "idiot" on my dictionary! :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Tue Mar 16, 2010 6:52 pm

Giba7 wrote:
Jameerica wrote:Ahh that's harsh! I mean it does come off as slightly "edgy" or cold, but it has it's good sides too, per example it's very rhythmic.

Yes, it's good in music for that reason. Although, melodic languages are also good for music but for different reasons.
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby dargelita on Thu Mar 18, 2010 1:18 am

caroli wrote:*still offtopic* Just noticed that apparently Jay means "idiot" on my dictionary! :lol:

idiot ?
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:13 am

(Jameerica) [/quote]Yes, it's good in music for that reason. Although, melodic languages are also good for music but for different reasons.[/quote] (hope I got it right!)

Yea, like in Opera! La Boheme or La Traviata -the sound would be different in German, or English!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:16 am

Jameerica wrote:
Giba7 wrote:

Yes, it's good in music for that reason. Although, melodic languages are also good for music but for different reasons.
Giba7 wrote:
Yea, like in Opera! La Boheme or La Traviata -the sound would be different in German, or English!
Giba7
Runaway

PreviousNext

Return to Jay Kay