Home
Jamiroquai

US?

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

US?

Postby xavalos on Wed Feb 06, 2013 6:38 pm

Jay K, I've been a fan since 1994...I missed you when you were in California back in 97. Are you ever coming back? I've seen everyone on my "bucket list" that I've wanted to see in concert and I'm missing you guys! Please, please, please come to California!!!!
xavalos

Re: US?

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:28 pm

I hear ya, xavalos!
Btw, welcome to the forum! :)
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Mon Feb 11, 2013 4:19 pm

yes Jamiroquai are on my bucket list too!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby LisaTheLisa on Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:06 pm

It would be nice if they gave us some information about why they won't tour the USA and Canada. It's just "radio silence" on that topic. Just tell us what's up with that. Are they working on it? Is Jay banned from the US for being rude to those X-Factor ladies? Do they not want to ever come here? As Paula Abdul says - How about some information please, please, please?

I'm actually kind of depressed about it . . .
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:30 am

I think the silence is the answer.
they're having the last word.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Sat Feb 16, 2013 5:28 pm

I'll try and do a little research and see what I can find out...of course, no promises.
Trust me, you all know I'm just as sad and confused about this as the next US fan. :cry:
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Sun Feb 17, 2013 9:06 pm

Thanks Erin.
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:01 pm

No prob...still waiting on an answer, btw.
Sometimes these things can take some time.

But I will update you all as soon as I hear anything. :D
ErinUSA

Postby funkyette on Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:51 pm

the only thing i heard so far this year that there were talks of doing festivals in the states

i believe money is the main issue when it comes to touring the states, we may be a big country compare to let's say argentina but here in the states the only types of gigs they would probably do is festivals and intimate club-like settings, while in argentina they can do arenas, festivals and etc...maybe there is more fanbase in south america than in north america

at this point i kinda gave up on expecting north american tour, we have a better chance going to a concert outside the states than having them come to us :(
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 20, 2013 2:22 am

I read a tweet today, looks like they are not doing Coachella, the festival in the States.
So no U.S. plans. There is a conflict. A reason. Don't know.
I don't talk to any of the band members, but I think they'd want to tour US.
I guess we will survive. :(

I remember when I first heard of One Direction on this forum.
And then a month later they were on my radio, and a week later they were selling tickets for a concert. And now everybody knows about One Direction. :roll:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Feb 20, 2013 6:48 pm

Okay, I heard back from my contact. Allegedly (because nothing can be 100% confirmed at the moment) our demographics are too large in order for the band to make a significant monetary gain or profit at the moment with a US tour. There were talks about Coachella, which is an annual festival that takes place near Palm Springs, California. But as of yet, that is no longer in the works.

However, let's not give up hope yet. I think it is a positive that a US spot was even in consideration. That tells me that the band is definitely willing to "give it a go" over here. They know they have fans. There may be certain situations out of their control right now. So let's see if things change.

Having heard that they were in consideration for Coachella really hurts, as I'm only one hour away.

Positive thinking US Party People...positive thinking!
ErinUSA

Postby funkyette on Thu Feb 21, 2013 12:08 am

Giba7 wrote: I remember when I first heard of One Direction on this forum.
And then a month later they were on my radio, and a week later they were selling tickets for a concert. And now everybody knows about One Direction. :roll:

well if jamiroquai was a non-instrumental young pretty boy band, we would of have a better chance :lol:

also thanks ErinUSA for sharing that info
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 21, 2013 6:01 am

Thanks Erin for your info! One hour away would be good for you!
:mrgreen:

@Funkeyette --Boy bands sell a lot of tickets cuz the kids need drivers :roll:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby LisaTheLisa on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:17 pm

Thank you Erin for checking and giving us an update. You rock!
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby LisaTheLisa on Thu Feb 21, 2013 7:24 pm

I don't want to be negative, but Jay was ripping Lady Gaga saying she's all about making money and Jamiroquai is not. So this is kind of the opposite of what he said. They will only come here if they can make a nice profit? I thought they weren't about making money?

Besides - I think they would get many more attendees at a US event than they think. If they worked it right with pre-advertising and promos, I bet they could do pretty good. I wonder if they have even done any kind of research to see what the potential crowd would be like. I'll promote for them for free!
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Feb 22, 2013 3:43 am

LisaTheLisa,

I'm not so sure it is solely that the band is looking to make a profit, but I think that always has to be somewhere in the cards, especially when you are dealing with heavy touring expenses involving travelling to other countries. And I don't think it is something that the band may always have total control over. There are always several "hands in the cookie jar", so to speak, involved with touring.

I used to manage a band years ago and I always cringed whenever we had to travel abroad. It's a nightmare no matter who is involved and no matter who needs to make a profit or monetary gain.

I'm sure Jamiroquai wants to tour here, if they didn't, then there would not have been plans to. I think that is a positive move on their part. And as I said before, noting can be 100% confirmed at the moment as to why they really aren't touring over here right now. But money always seems to be a root. And I don't think that is necessarily a bad thing, but in most cases, a necessary thing, sadly.

Sometimes breaking even isn't enough, and a loss is never enough. If a profit is in the cards, it may be so that others can get paid. There are many, many, people involved when it comes to touring.

I'm still pulling for them to surprise us here in the US...and I think we could surprise them back. :D
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:32 pm

I agree. I do think they would tour US. And they can only consider if they profit, because breaking even is like doing it for nothing! and going in the red would mean somebody loses $.

And hitting one date in the US would be foolish because of all the stuff they must bring.
But I don't see why they don't hit a few states, at least 5, like in S.America & Mexico.
Why didn't they add on to that tour?

and btw, JT and JZ are hitting Detroit this August. Where's JK?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Feb 22, 2013 6:23 pm

Giba7, you are so right!

Something else to consider (and I'm sure the band knows about this), but it is possible to make arrangements to have equipment available for use (e.g. renting) in cases such as travelling abroad, especially if it is only for a few gigs or one special occasion, like a television appearance, etc.

Although, some bands prefer to always use their own equipment, which is also understandable.

Let's see if something can be worked out for the US, after all. I still have hope! :D
ErinUSA

Postby LisaTheLisa on Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:47 am

I would LOVE to know how they decide this. Do they get data or do they just 'think' there aren't enough fans in the US to get a good crowd? It would be interesting to see how they decide. I would love to see the numbers, if there are any. I really think they could do pretty well in the US and are underestimating. They should take some kind of poll or something.
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby meenabubbles on Sat Mar 23, 2013 11:01 pm

I think a poll would be a great idea!! I joined this site in the hopes that there is power in numbers, they would see the desire for a US show and tour out here. :(
meenabubbles

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:19 pm

I'm pretty sure, it's pretty obvious.
Boycott on the US 8)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Thu Mar 28, 2013 8:56 pm

I don't think there is a boycott, per say. I just think there has to be the exact, perfect, and more than just right opportunity for them to feel it's the right time to tour here. What it is? I don't know.

But I do think that doing spot performances, here & there, at festivals, etc. was a step in the right direction. The consideration of Coachella was perfect, IMO. Coachella has a complete and diverse musical draw in the form of artists and fans, alike. I was truly disappointed when that fell through.

Still hoping though...
ErinUSA

Return to Jay Kay