Home
Jamiroquai

Article which Jay talks about his favorite Albums/Artists?

The Space Cowboy. Talk about anything related to Jay. His singing, his clothes, his Black Devil Car, his style...

Article which Jay talks about his favorite Albums/Artists?

Postby Funkmaster_Nikolos on Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:16 am

Hey, I'm relatively new here and looking for help for an article I really need help finding.

It's an article I found on a site somewhere that I believe was published from a magazine.

I'm not sure what publication it's from or if it was a web-based article, but I can confirm
it was published before 2001. I found it on the Web in Fall '01 I believe.

In this great article, Jay Kay reallly went in depth about specifically and in great detail
about his musical influences, and what Artists and Albums that made a impact on him over time.

I can tell you there was a picture of Jay hat read under, "Jay Kay and some of his favorite things",
which featured of all items, a copy of Stevie Wonder's Innervisions LP.

The article SPECIFICALLY gave a list of Jay's favorite Soul/Jazz/Funk albums, in which
Jay commented on each album and why it was important to him.

Does this article sound at all familiar, folks? I'm strongly thinking it came from a magazine,
I thought the photo looked like a scan when I saw it on the Web.

Oh, and I tried searching this endlessly before, typing in all the key words I could think of to google.
Believe me, this has to exist. I remember trying to print the article at School, and it wouldn't print
for some reason, because it was copyrighted or something.

Appreciate your help with this! I think it would be great to find this article and post it on this Forum, it was really great and I'd like to remember what I read on that, Jay had a great big list of his favorite albums and that has to be worth the effort to recover.

Peace and welcome kindly any help and knowledge on this.
Funkmaster_Nikolos

Re: Article which Jay talks about his favorite Albums/Artists?

Postby Tiffinypie on Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:22 pm

:) Hi Funkmaster!
hmmm well that's a great question.
I seen the scans before, but go here : http://tobysmithforum.getphpbb.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=38

:arrow: Esquire (British Edition): October 1996
http://web.archive.org/web/200302040340 ... index.html

I hope this helps. :)

Welcome to JPP
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Re: Article which Jay talks about his favorite Albums/Artists?

Postby Funkmaster_Nikolos on Wed May 25, 2016 12:07 pm

Hi There everybody....

I am desperately seeking this same photo even years later because the kind soul who helped me find the links to the pics, apparently, I can't view the pics anymore for obvious reasons!!!! (Expired, etc.)

I need to verify the ESQUIRE - British Edition magazine Photo which I believe is THE PIC I'm searching for!

All I know is that it ISN'T the 1999 Q Magazine where Jay is standing over his Chillington studio control board, with his favorite Music collection underneath.

The PIC I AM SEARCHING for looks like this....

Jay is hovering closeup, over a small menagerie of Records & CD's, with his hands cupped outward over the stack of his Music collection, with a face like "Waa La!" -he's displaying his Music collection!

I know I sound obsessive or crazy, but trust me I must find this photo & the magazine source!....

Tiffinypie where are you?!?....

But seriously, anyone who can help me with this is GREATLY appreciated!

Thanks for any of Yours help,
Nik
Funkmaster_Nikolos

Return to Jay Kay