Home
Jamiroquai

Which concerts will you attend soon?

Talk about music - songs/albums that you love, and the ones that you don't.

Re: Which concerts will you attend soon?

Postby caroli on Sun Feb 24, 2013 3:15 pm

must be awesome! :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Mon Feb 25, 2013 7:11 pm

So there was a flying pig at the show
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rFjoS9IW_Ik
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:46 am

I've seen Jonathan Jeremiah this weekend and he was so good! Tonight I will see if I can post a video.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jul 04, 2013 3:07 am

Well I did purchase tickets to the UK concert back in March, but it has yet to arrive. :shock:
So, I really wanted the hard copy ticket, but will need to look into an e-mail copy.

But I'd hate to travel all the way out there and not get into the concert! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:08 am

It arrived today! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jul 14, 2013 7:58 pm

Well I finally got to see Jamiroquai live! I'm so happy I did too because it was a great show!
Last edited by Giba7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Jul 15, 2013 1:43 pm

Sooo happy for you Giba! Yay!! :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:02 pm

2nd row is so awesome! I managed a great spot at Depeche Mode too but those fans are hard so we had to fight a little :lol: totally worth it! :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jul 16, 2013 12:52 am

haha! good for you Caroli -I'll bet those Depeche Mode fans are die hards from the 90's.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Tue Jul 16, 2013 4:11 pm

..some were yes, but at my left side there were 3 20-somethings russian girls and at the right side a spanish couple, also young.. Depeche Mode will survive as long as new people "join the cult" :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby cacouna on Tue Jul 23, 2013 3:16 pm

Get Ready South Africa!!!!!! :x

God I wish I could say 'I'm attending Jamiroquai's concert in South Africa & I'll be in the front row', that would be my best birthday gift to date..... :mrgreen:

:( :(
cacouna
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Jul 24, 2013 1:52 am

I can't believe they are touring there! I hope you can make it.
Sometimes you just have to do the things that you can do.
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Mon Feb 03, 2014 5:31 pm

Yes!! I'm going to see Bruno Mars! again! :mrgreen:

and he dances too! Superbowl performance with the RHCP
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uwpIzEmopMQ#t=115
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Fri Feb 07, 2014 3:26 pm

Girl Panic - Duran Duran :mrgreen: so awesome, I find it hard to believe is kind of recent. :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby joliefille on Fri Feb 21, 2014 5:47 am

OMG - @Giba7 - Bruno Mars busting out his James Brown moves at the superbowl was tight - nice. Love "Treasure" Glad he won a Brit Award. (And David Bowie too - if even for just "under pressure" alone)

@Caroli - Duran Duran and Depeche Mode - totally 80s chic. Love some Duran Duran - "Say A Prayer" "Ordinary World" - geez I was somewhere and the place was playing "Rio" - and the people sitting next to me had to Shazam the song (great Iphone App) because they couldn't believe I knew it. Great 80s stuff my older brother introduced me to.

Get Shazam if you do not have it - it is this phone App that can identify whatever song is playing in your environment - e.g., at a restaurant, clothing store etc. It's free.

Other than 1D, I am invited to several concerts but have not committed (real commit phobe - haha! and do not know where I will be.) Let me know how Bruno Mars is.

be well girls,
Jolie
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Mar 07, 2014 7:40 pm

Just got tickets to see the Motley Crue Farewell Tour in July! \m/ :twisted:
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Sat Mar 08, 2014 3:28 am

hahaha! you're such a rocker Erin!
have fun!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Mar 08, 2014 9:06 pm

@ErinUSA - my husband is a metal head (introduced me to Swedish death metal - crazy eh?) and big Motley Cru (sp?) fan. Have you read the "Dirt"? Goooooood stuff. I asked him about the farewell concert but I think he feels he too old or something to be rocking out or in the mosh pit. He's seen them before.

Do you ever do Metal Shop/Metal Skool - not sure what they are called now. But they are a great 80s rock cover band around still and their shows are fun. They were at the Viper Room, then the Key Club - last time I saw them. Oh, and we always hit up the Rainbow Room first - iconic 80s rock joint.

You are in LA, no? I hope so - otherwise you probably do not know wtf I am talking about above. LOL :-)

Anybody going to Coachella?
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Mon Mar 10, 2014 7:42 am

Oh pardon - but the Mars guy from Motley Crue was on the VH1's "That Metal Show" and once I saw Motley Crue was playing at the Hollywood Bowl this summer, I convinced - mmmmhhh - my husband he should see them - my anniversary gift, box seats. I enjoy - not love MC (love Tommy Lee) but my husband and I have different musical tastes and we take one for the team. :-) I am sure he'd see Jami with me - doubt he'd let me go alone. haha! He's taken me to amazing concerts at the Hollywood Bowl - love that venue.

Anyway. @ErinUSA - not sure you are seeing them there or at the Irvine Amphitheatre.

I appreciate all music and that people enjoy and are into what they are into. I also have respect for any artist - even including the Justin Beiber's - who actually can jam and play a lot of instruments - who puts themselves and their work out there for people to criticize. People are harsh. It takes thick skin and cajones. :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 10, 2014 11:27 pm

I respect all musicians like you Joliefille.
but I prefer certain musicians! But they all get a fair chance!
this one is good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arm3eqOtavk

Any artist can write a great or poor song. Favorite artists just seem to write a lot of fantastic songs!
(JB not my fav ;)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:19 am

I completely agree - great artists have longevity - their music and career endures and the fans remain loyal (not a "fly by night" :-) throughout decades and post mortem :-(. Marvin and me. Or Hendrix - too many to list.

Despite our different tastes in music, my husband and I both appreciate the true musicianship - the thrill - provided by a great synchronized live back up bands and their amazing solos. And of course, lead singers with incredible voices that give great performances - no lip syncing.

Soul Sister - haha! - you know I do not dig JB's music but like his ability to play so many instruments - that's talent. I do not think he is a strong singer/dancer. Please watch his deposition - priceless - haha! He was kinda awesome in his assholeness. Wondering if that is the link you put.l

(Omg, I am literally dead tired - too tired to eat or drink or move. Swimming/beach day on little sleep while already running on a f----- up sleep schedule = bad idea. No insomniac posts tonight :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:45 am

I waste so much money on ITunes on songs I will listen to for a hot second and am on to the next . . .

Today most artists are afraid to explore or forge new musical paths or reach back to earlier influences and make it their own - and singers/celebs today (or perhaps it is the record labels' cheapness) are not focusing on creating/developing artists' talent and musicians to give listeners quality music and truly live musical experiences with proper live bands.

Everyone is playing it "safe" musically (boring)and labels only care about $$$$. Some labels do not want artists to push the boundaries.

Omg, I am too tired to find the words to articulate this better -but honestly, I think we have seen the last of really truly GREAT music - the music that will surpass and survive the test of time.

I do not/cannot listen to the radio; barely Sirius even - mostly NPR when I do. At most I watch VH1 Classics with my metal head.

Will check out the link you sent, blast "Sara Smile" :-) during my shower so I won't fall asleep in there and hit you up manana after preschool tours and interviews (exciting stuff you know :-)

Ciao Bella! Thanks for the H&O throwback.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 5:52 am

Giba7 wrote:I respect all musicians like you Joliefille.
but I prefer certain musicians! But they all get a fair chance!
this one is good!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arm3eqOtavk

Any artist can write a great or poor song. Favorite artists just seem to write a lot of fantastic songs!
(JB not my fav ;)

OMG - GIBA7!!!! I am dying laughing right now. Literally my eyes are tearing up! You are so f-------- funny. That link is hilarious - it is almost embarrassing to our entire nation. I am embarrassed. You just kill me - wish you could see how happy I am right now.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Mar 11, 2014 6:03 am

F---- me in the ---- w/ a ----- ------ ------ hahahaha! ; damn, first time I try the quote thing here and it doesn't work properly. This ------- ------- ------- forum!!!!

GIBA7 - that yahoo link. :-) ahahahaha!

I do not get how to use this forum. Why is it so damn tricky? And why is Supersonic by name - I just learned about that song and the synchronized album. Lol :-)

And I am not supersonic; I am little miss bird song :-) in California.

You know Bruno Mars was compared to Shalimar - forgot where I read that. Might have read it from you even. hahaha! Thought of you when or wherever I read it but was intending to tell you.

disclaimer: please pardon me - I am literally too tired to get off the bad to use the bathroom or reach for the glass of nice Bordeaux my sweet husband poured for me. Btw, I am supposed to be sleeping right now and calling it a early night it's how I got out of my wifely/motherly duties. Ok I gotta empty the bladder. TMI haha!)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 5:14 am

I think I have tix for one of the concerts of Eminem's 3-city tour!
the tour is 6 dates! :lol:
But I heard he's also headlining Chicago Lollapalooza.

I'd still love to see Perry Ferrell at the original show "bark, bark, bark- been caught stealing"
:D
Giba7
Runaway

PreviousNext

Return to Music Chat