Home
Jamiroquai

What music/ artist you don't like?

Talk about music - songs/albums that you love, and the ones that you don't.

What music/ artist you don't like?

Postby Ninochka on Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:54 am

Sorry if this topic sounds so teenage-ish...I just want to know.

Maybe this sounds ironic :lol: but I don't like (nearly hate) all things relates to teen pop music & all things that loved by all other teens...especially Justin Bieber. :?

I also don't like songs with many swear words on it...that refers to suicide, sexuality, or those bad messages.

Just few hours ago, at school, I heard my classmate listens to a nasty Akon song on his cellphone with many "F**K word on it, throughout the song, maybe on every lines of it. It's not good.
How about you?
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Re: What music/ artist you don't like?

Postby caroli on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:25 am

I can't listen to pretty much every single tune on MTV. Pop, R&B and Rock in their lowest form. Let's see: Rihanna (arghhhhhhh!!!) and Chris whatever (her ex.bf) are the worst cases. As for uber commercial pop singers as Lady Gaga, her music kind sucks when I listen to it but I enjoy watching the vids (I turn the sound off) :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Ninochka on Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:59 am

caroli wrote:As for uber commercial pop singers as Lady Gaga, her music kind sucks when I listen to it but I enjoy watching the vids (I turn the sound off) :mrgreen:

Yep I agree! I just don't understand why people loves her. I just watch one of her absurd vid, "Poker Face", but it's just a few seconds than I change to other vid. :mrgreen:

And I can't watch MTV here,unless I have a cable tv (and I must pay). Few months ago there's MTV here, but the rating flopped so they ended it.

The same things happen in my country, when a genre appears & everyone loves it there will be talent-less, hundreds of bands, with no skills, with SAME GENRES AND ATTITUDES appears. That's why I don't follow any music programs @ TV now-I know what happens next.

Now it's rare to find musics made with talent, skills and love. Now music is made for money. :evil:

I remember I read in an interview that Jay says "Now all we have is 18 % music & 82 % all crap stuffs..."

Sorry for my English, I write this to releases all things stuck in my head for moments...
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Thu Jul 29, 2010 4:13 pm

Oi, don't talk sh*t on Lady Gaga in my presence! :lol:
Jameerica
Runaway

Location: Qarth, greatest city that ever was or ever will be.

Postby Feliz on Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:45 pm

i have to agree (sorry jameerica) :oops: lady gaga can sing but shes not someone id pay to hear.
it seems to me that the record labels (especially here in the states) lowered their standards to an all time low when it comes to marketing musical talent and it sickens me to hear anything the radio vomits out now.

its pretty much like this:

1 guy or girl with good looks + stripper moves that would snap any normal person in half if they tried + 30 teeny bikini costumes + 1 producer that can make a dog farting sound like a musical genius + paying the radio and tv network to play their music 5000000 times a day so the song will be burned into your brain leaving you no choice BUT to like it = $$$$$$$$$$$ :lol:
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:03 pm

Jameerica wrote:Oi, don't talk sh*t on Lady Gaga in my presence! :lol:

agree -she's redeemed herself! She has talent.

Rihanna :shock: greatest voice today, don't care for the X-rated stuff. (Chris Brown sucks!)

I can't stand Drake (current hip-hop), 3Oh!3, Train, Lady Antebellum...
Giba7
Runaway

Postby dargelita on Thu Jul 29, 2010 11:39 pm

caroli wrote:I can't listen to pretty much every single tune on MTV. Pop, R&B and Rock in their lowest form. Let's see: Rihanna (arghhhhhhh!!!) and Chris whatever (her ex.bf) are the worst cases. As for uber commercial pop singers as Lady Gaga, her music kind sucks when I listen to it but I enjoy watching the vids (I turn the sound off) :mrgreen:

yep, i used to like mtv and much music. now i'm more into vh1, still i like buying cds from band i like. i hate listening music in the radio.
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Ninochka on Fri Jul 30, 2010 4:39 am

I like listen to radio, but not too often. There are many good artist, but I hate when a station plays a good stuff & they didn't mention who's the artist.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Ninochka on Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:04 am

And I believe that every people can sing, except he/she can't talk...and Lady Gaga can sings, she has talent, but it'll be better if she makes better music... and not makes the music world a mess.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Jameerica on Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:25 am

The thing is that she doesn't take herself seriously, or at least that's how I see it - her music is more about the statement than showing off skill :lol:

Besides, if anyone here dislikes her music or some others', or a majority of the mainstream music scene, it doesn't mean they're "ruining" everything for the rest, you can always find something to suit your tastes. We live in an age where musical equipment is (perhaps, unfortunately so) affordable to anyone so that means there's a shitload of music and musicians to explore. My point is, everyone's happy :mrgreen:
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Sandriche on Fri Jul 30, 2010 9:09 am

TOKIO HOTEL

LOL
Sandriche

Postby Ninochka on Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:25 am

Jameerica, that's what I think. If I can't find a music that suit myself I will made it myself... My Dad bought me an acoustic guitar 2 weeks ago and I'm get my guitar lessons. ( I want to learn bass guitar but my Dad says I must learn the "basics" first ). And I have a plan for 4-5 yrs later, I'll make a band, not just that ordinary band, but make something out of the box. (Wish me luck!)
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Feliz on Fri Jul 30, 2010 6:38 pm

Ninochka wrote:Jameerica, that's what I think. If I can't find a music that suit myself I will made it myself...

I think that is a wonderful way to think ! :)

If you don't like something, go make something you DO like! You'll be surprised to see how many other people will like it in the long run!

I do wish u lots of luck on your awesome goal :D
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:34 pm

Thank You :mrgreen:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Ninochka on Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:34 am

The world doesn't change if we don't change it, doesn't it?
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:18 am

Feliz wrote:
Ninochka wrote:Jameerica, that's what I think. If I can't find a music that suit myself I will made it myself...

If you don't like something, go make something you DO like! You'll be surprised to see how many other people will like it in the long run!

Go for it! A little piano is a great start.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:27 pm

dargelita wrote:
caroli wrote:I can't listen to pretty much every single tune on MTV. Pop, R&B and Rock in their lowest form. Let's see: Rihanna (arghhhhhhh!!!) and Chris whatever (her ex.bf) are the worst cases. As for uber commercial pop singers as Lady Gaga, her music kind sucks when I listen to it but I enjoy watching the vids (I turn the sound off) :mrgreen:

yep, i used to like mtv and much music. now i'm more into vh1, still i like buying cds from band i like. i hate listening music in the radio.

Vh1 ROCKS! :mrgreen:

Sandriche wrote:TOKIO HOTEL

LOL
Tokio Hotel sucks bad! And they manage to have more fans than other great bands..people cry for that...errr....thing! :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Jameerica on Sat Jul 31, 2010 5:53 pm

Lolz Tokio Hotel really do suck :lol: Wait, they still exist?
Jameerica
Runaway

Postby Ninochka on Sat Jul 31, 2010 9:31 pm

Giba7 wrote:
Feliz wrote:

Go for it! A little piano is a great start.

I don't like piano...
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby Ninochka on Sat Jul 31, 2010 10:02 pm

Jameerica wrote:Lolz Tokio Hotel really do suck :lol: Wait, they still exist?

Never heard of Tokio Hotel but I kinda hate the singer's haircut :lol:

Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby dargelita on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:35 pm

i can't stand reggaeton (you know that music from Puerto Rico or Panamá. wherever it came from, has nothing to do with reggae. well it does in a point but nay, it doesn't sound like). and what we call here cumbia (sort of columbian dance).
dargelita
Runaway

Postby Feliz on Sat Jul 31, 2010 11:50 pm

dargelita wrote:i can't stand reggaeton (you know that music from Puerto Rico or Panamá. wherever it came from, has nothing to do with reggae. well it does in a point but nay, it doesn't sound like). and what we call here cumbia (sort of columbian dance).

thank YOU! being in the party scene for a bit i understand when people are drunk a lot of crappy songs including reggaeton is like the best thing they've ever heard. but i cant staaaaaand it, every track sounds the same.
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:43 am

I can't stand for anything Justin Bieber :lol:

dargelita wrote:i can't stand reggaeton (you know that music from Puerto Rico or Panamá. wherever it came from, has nothing to do with reggae. well it does in a point but nay, it doesn't sound like). and what we call here cumbia (sort of columbian dance).

It called reggaeton but I think it's not reggae at all... I think it's sounds like dance music.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:41 pm

Reggaeton sucks soooo bad! Holy Hysus! It makes my ears bleed in pain (not actually but it would If I had to listen to that for an entire day) :lol:

About Tokio Hotel, they still exist and they kick ass... there are dvd's and cd's and "special boxes" (a.k.a waste of money) everywhere!! In the last concert live turned into a dvd, the vocalist looks like Lady GaGa, looking weird in some fashionable clothes (though I have to admit..even her sings better!) :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Ninochka on Tue Aug 03, 2010 6:45 am

Feliz wrote:

Amin... :mrgreen:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Next

Return to Music Chat