Home
Jamiroquai

Waiting for U.S. Tour

Talk about concerts promoting the Rock Dust Light Star album in 2010 and beyond...

Waiting for U.S. Tour

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:02 pm

I just wanted to post, that if Jamiroquai doesn't come to the United States this year for RDLS, I will be really sad. :cry: I want to see them live. :cry:

I really hope they come out this way. I would be really happy if they hit my city -Detroit! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Re: Waiting for U.S. Tour

Postby LisaTheLisa on Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:24 am

Yes! Me and 2 of my friends are dying to see Jay live! Please come to San Francisco - or San Jose is even better. Not Oakland, please. But if I have to go to Oakland, I will. I'll take the chance of taking a bullet to see Jay! I have never seen Jamiroquai in concert. It would TOTALLY ROCK!
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Mar 10, 2011 3:50 pm

LisaTheLisa -if you're willing to take a bullet for Jay then just come to Detroit when they hit this city. :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby LisaTheLisa on Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:11 am

Yeah, well, I can drive to Oakland in an hour and get shot there. But I would have to buy a plane ticket to get shot in Detroit. So I am just going to hold tight and hope he comes to northern California! We got the best weed out here anyway and I will gladly share with Jay!!! Jay - I'll role us a blunt - come on over!!!
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Mar 19, 2011 2:58 am

LisaTheLisa wrote:Yeah, well, I can drive to Oakland in an hour and get shot there. But I would have to buy a plane ticket to get shot in Detroit.

:lol: :lol:
I know, I'm kidding.
LisaTheLisa wrote: So I am just going to hold tight and hope he comes to northern California! We got the best weed out here anyway and I will gladly share with Jay!!! Jay - I'll role us a blunt - come on over!!!

I'll come out for that too!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby LisaTheLisa on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:34 pm

OK Giba7- Come on out! I have enough for you and the whole Jamiroquai band! We can smoke and blast Jamiroquai tunes! Then we can drive to San Francisco and go to Baker's beach (nude beach). Then we can go clubbing. It will be a blast! 8)
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby LisaTheLisa on Tue Mar 22, 2011 4:35 pm

Are we the only 2 Americans on this website? Seems like it . . .
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Mar 22, 2011 9:52 pm

LisaTheLisa wrote:OK Giba7- Come on out! I have enough for you and the whole Jamiroquai band! We can smoke and blast Jamiroquai tunes! Then we can drive to San Francisco and go to Baker's beach (nude beach). Then we can go clubbing. It will be a blast! 8)

Hahaha! Okay!
LisaTheLisa wrote:Are we the only 2 Americans on this website? Seems like it . . .

Eschoendorff is from Michigan too. And Tiffanypie from the area.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Mar 23, 2011 1:21 am

LisaTheLisa wrote:Are we the only 2 Americans on this website? Seems like it . . .

You've got me here, as well! :D
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:22 pm

Erin -where you been? Time to represent. :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ladycabdriver on Thu Jun 02, 2011 12:05 am

Yes.. please.. I am ready... I am going to dance my blues away...lol.. :D
ladycabdriver

Postby Giba7 on Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:58 pm

Derrick wrote on FB: "I would like to say a big massive thank you to ALL OF OUR FANS IN EASTERN EUROPE .... Now we are going to finish off the rest of the tour and i am sure that future gigs will be just as good!!!!!!!!!!"

And they have 20 dates from now thru August 7th. (that's a lot!) :shock:

I think that is official. The end for RDLS!
Doesn't look good for US. Face reality!
And I assume 'future gigs' may be for future music.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jul 05, 2011 7:11 pm

They are going to finish out the year.
And no U.S.
Really? :cry:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Thu Jul 07, 2011 3:08 pm

As it says in the "Contact" section of the website:

If you own a reasonable sized arena or are putting on a festival, preferably somewhere sunny, then contact Jamiroquai's Booking Agents ITB - +44 020 7637 6969

So...does anyone have have an arena or festival plans somewhere in the U.S?
I live in Southern California, so the "preferably somewhere sunny" part is covered. :D
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Fri Jul 08, 2011 3:46 am

ErinUSA wrote:If you own a reasonable sized arena or are putting on a festival, preferably somewhere sunny, then contact Jamiroquai's Booking Agents ITB - +44 020 7637 6969

Really? This is what they have in their booking info? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Oh please.

I don't think it's our weather, why they don't tour!
I'm sorry, I'm about to spit something out wicked. I'll come back tomorrow! :lol: :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Sat Jul 09, 2011 1:01 am

And I've said it before...

...I think they would be very to surprised to see the overwhelming response if they were to tour the U.S. again. Even for just a few major cities. I think the crowd turnouts would be mind-blowing!
ErinUSA

Postby funkyette on Sun Jul 10, 2011 11:50 pm

i still remain hopeful even though it feels like the north american fans are being ignored

however....
http://funkin.com/news/4018
i know it ain't recent news but we still have a few more months till 2011 is over, so anything can happen by then :wink:

it nice to know there is a way to contact their booking agent but i guess we the fans can't get them for a gig by ourselves, we need the venues and promoters to do that :?
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Thanks Funkyette -I never go to Funkin.com

Did they release RDLS in Canada?
I think they had intentions to release in U.S. But I don't think it's going to happen. At least for RDLS.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:28 pm

i think RDLS was released in canada around the same time it was released in europe...also it was released in mexico...i really don't understand why it hasn't been released yet in the US unless they haven't come to a final agreement on how to promote and distribute it nationwide or maybe they already have made an agreement and waiting for the right time to surprise the american fans, who knows :wink:
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Tiffinypie on Thu Jul 14, 2011 12:05 pm

:wink: I think they will.
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby rjmexted on Thu Jul 21, 2011 12:24 am

Hey! I'm another American waiting for Jam to come here! I will fly anywhere in the US to see them, even Europe if that's what it comes to.....
rjmexted

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jul 21, 2011 10:17 pm

Welcome rjmexted.
But if you're planning on seeing them in Europe, better buy your ticket soon. :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby phishin4sneakers on Wed Aug 03, 2011 8:53 pm

Just caught my first gig in Barcelona last Sunday. I'm from Minnesota and was lucky enough to catch a show while backpacking in Europe... It was AMAZING!!! Please, Jay, if you see this COME TO THE US!!! I can't wait for my next one!
phishin4sneakers

Postby funkyette on Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:17 am

it might belong in a different forum/topic but i wanted to share this since its kind of relates to US tour:

yesterday i had a dream that they announce US tour dates, i was super excited since it would be my first time seeing them live so i bought a ticket for a nyc show...i go there and its at a weird place during the daytime, as soon as the band came on and about to perform the power goes off and the concert is cancelled...i got so upset and sad that a fan next to me told me i was making a big deal out of nothing (in reality that probably wouldn't be a normal fan's reaction if a concert got cancelled right on the spot lol)...so i left the room to look for jamiroquai so i can at least meet them...i run to so many sections of this place and couldn't find them anywhere so i went back where the concert took place and when i got back, they were back on stage with the power back on ready to start the show and i wake up

its a weird dream and it felt real for a moment....as i woke up, i got my laptop on and search for any info online if jamiroquai are finally coming to america...unfortunately no luck :( i thought maybe my dream was foretelling something but idk....however i still remain hopeful that they will come to america, they did it for their last album so why not for RDLS?

i really want to know why it still hasn't been released in the states since it was officially released elsewhere and only a couple of online articles briefly mention talks about the US release and that was last year

c'mon jamiroquai and record company, please promote RDLS in America...we been waiting so patiently and appreciate your music...you have a loyal fanbase scatter across this nation, we deserve at least a couple of tour dates to see you guys perform live
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:07 pm

phishin4sneakers wrote:Just caught my first gig in Barcelona last Sunday. I'm from Minnesota and was lucky enough to catch a show while backpacking in Europe... It was AMAZING!!! Please, Jay, if you see this COME TO THE US!!! I can't wait for my next one!

Hail to the Vikings!! :twisted:
Oooops, I'm off topic!!

Back on topic:
funkyette...Too bad all of that was a dream. I can't say I'm surprised we've been resorted to dreaming. The mystery of RDLS here in the States remains just that...a mystery. But rest assured, I will hopefully be the one to ring any bells of information that might come our westward-way! :wink:
ErinUSA

Next

Return to Rock Dust Light Star - Tour