Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai @ Almaty Palace/ Kazakhstan -15/09

Talk about concerts promoting the Rock Dust Light Star album in 2010 and beyond...

Jamiroquai @ Almaty Palace/ Kazakhstan -15/09

Postby Sandriche on Tue Aug 28, 2012 1:06 pm

Rumours are confirmed now.
The official facebook page posted

Jamiroquai are very pleased to announce their first gig in Kazakhstan, at the Almaty Palace of the Republic on September 15th, 2012.
Sandriche

Re: Jamiroquai @ Almaty Palace/ Kazakhstan -15/09

Postby funkyette on Fri Sep 14, 2012 6:27 pm

press conference was held in almaty
http://www.zakon.kz/kazakhstan/4513640- ... ija-s.html

translation
The leader and vocalist, Jay Kay, answered all the questions with which he peppered journalists. The only request the singer was not too concerned about the collections of hats and cars - apparently, for many years he was just tired of answering these questions. Instead, he spoke of his Fund for Animal Welfare, which deals with large animals rescued from the cells - recently, for example, they saved the elephant, who has long lived in a very small space. "On the planet of over 6 billion people, and the animals have almost gone. It seems very unfair to keep animals in cages, especially large, "- said Jay.

Said the musician and his attitude to new musical directions. In varying degrees, they find a follower of Maroon 5: "We were told that the boys even once tried to sit down and write a full plate in the style of Jamiroquai. Well, sometimes it is quite possible. "

In general, the music piracy, according to the musicians, to fight is almost impossible. Even earlier, before the digital era, the pleasant tracks recorded on your tape from the radio, but what really is the only way to fight piracy - do not write music at all. On the other hand, I would like to convey to the audience that sometimes investments any musicians in the creation of songs, for example, an invitation to write a symphony orchestra, much greater than the funds that generate record sales. "If you go to court, and you will not even think to ask the lawyer to work for you for free, just, and with taxi drivers, and many others. So why do not the musicians to be paid? ". On this subject, it seems, all the performers are responsible for substantially the same. Pent up.

Derrick McKenzie, drummer, responded with interest to the question about dubstep, "Oh yes, I can be called a lover of dubstep! True, the two or three tracks are usually sufficient. Let's just say it's not the music that never put the first wedding dance. "

On the question of what is happiness, guys talked a long time. First of all, for them it is, of course, rest: last year they swept around the world tour of 30 countries, more than 75 concerts a year - it's pretty hard

and where was north america in all this???, they toured mainly europe, south america last year and now asia/ eastern europe this year. When is it going to be our turn??
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby librada on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 pm

thank you for sharing! i agree! they must come to north america soon!

the translation is a little hard to understand but i get most of it. did they say Maroon 5 mimics Jamiroquai? i totally agree. except maroon 5 sounds more pop and jumps on the band wagon and duets with rappers and stuff. no one can compare to Jamiroquai these days.
librada

Postby Giba7 on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:14 am

Yes, I don't get the Maroon 5 translation!!
but awesome the fund for Animal Welfare :D
I want to know more about the elephant!

oh, and I don't pirate! :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby cacouna on Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:39 pm

Lucky people
cacouna
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:00 pm

so read something on twitter about Jay bringing up a girl on stage, maybe 8 years old!
So cute :mrgreen: :arrow: 15:20 on Love Foolosophy
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PqMgoGVRFdg
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:30 pm

Oh how cute! She didn't want to get off the stage!! Jay carried her off! :lol: Who can blame her, I wouldn't want to either if I was that close to Jay and the band! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby funkyette on Fri Sep 21, 2012 4:12 am

i don't quite get the mentioning of maroon 5 either, i can't tell if the comment is pro-maroon 5 or anti-maroon 5 :lol:

also cool video, too bad the sound quality is not so great but at least it shows clips/highlights from the concert...especially the lil' fan on stage. I could of sworn i saw a pic somewhere online that someone brought their baby to the concert
funkyette
Supersonic

Return to Rock Dust Light Star - Tour