Home
Jamiroquai

'Rock Dust Light Star' U.S. Release April 2012!!

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

Re: 'Rock Dust Light Star' U.S. Release April 2012!!

Postby Giba7 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:52 pm

JamiroFan2000 wrote:
Giba7 wrote:and Jamirofan, you are Diamond Doc/Dye?
I was reading @ Funkin.com.

no, Dye/Diamond Doc are two other fan friends from JamiroTalk whom alerted me to this release and deserved props for the help.

:lol: I thought they were 2 different people, but maybe one was you. Must've read it too fast!
You are Brent. :wink:

Okay, I did see the album cover! and yes, I like the album! Both covers are fine.
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:45 am

found this on EMG homepage, nothing really new:

Executive Music Group has announced that they will be releasing Rock Dust Light Star in North America this month! The vinyl will be released on April 17th and will include a Limited Edition run for Record Store Day 2012. The CD comes out digitally and in stores the following week on April 24th. The artwork to the left is the cover for the CD. More details to be announced soon.

hmm i wonder what they mean by more details??? maybe has to do with purchasing album or maybe its something else
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby ErinUSA on Fri Apr 06, 2012 3:52 pm

The Homepage has also officially posted the US RDLS release news as of today!!
At least we will finally have the US release in our hands soon!! This is GREAT news!!

http://www.jamiroquai.com/news;news/103 ... ease-Date-
ErinUSA

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 4:25 pm

funkyette wrote:found this on EMG homepage, nothing really new:

Executive Music Group has announced that they will be releasing Rock Dust Light Star in North America this month! The vinyl will be released on April 17th and will include a Limited Edition run for Record Store Day 2012. The CD comes out digitally and in stores the following week on April 24th. The artwork to the left is the cover for the CD. More details to be announced soon.

hmm i wonder what they mean by more details??? maybe has to do with purchasing album or maybe its something else

I would venture a guess on what the 'more details to be announced soon' could be, it's probably 1 of these 2 possibilities:

- they will be releasing a RDLS 'deluxe edition' on/or after the release of the CD/Digital/Vinyl releases on the 17th/24th with all the bonus material (from Angeline to Smile) on a bonus CD/online download in the release.

- they will be announcing a small US tour either before/after Jami's show in Japan in August 2012. probably will be a 'big city tour' from LA to NYC, much like the last american tour during 'Dynamite Era'.

Now they could do something totally different from the 'obvious scenarios' I wrote there. But I wonder if the band are aware of this belated release? I might just drop Rob a line on Facebook and see what he has to say, but remember this is Universal Music, so let's not all build up our expectations for this release until we know everything. BTW, here are all the known 'online sales listing pages' online for the american release of RDLS (so far, I'm hoping either Target/Wal-Mart will get this release noted soon!), just for everyone's FYI, enjoy & Cheers!

ROCK DUST LIGHT STAR (U.S. RELEASE SALE LISTINGS):

- Best Buy :arrow: http://tinyurl.com/6m42k6u
- CDUniverse :arrow: http://tinyurl.com/85v7exp
- FYE :arrow: http://tinyurl.com/8xmwmxm
- Amazon.com :arrow: http://tinyurl.com/6vt4p4n

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:56 pm

I will not get overly-excited! I hate to be let down. :P

But the day I see their cd sitting there in the record section @ Target, or WalMart, I will be thrilled! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:28 am

JamiroFan2000 wrote: I would venture a guess on what the 'more details to be announced soon' could be, it's probably 1 of these 2 possibilities:

- they will be releasing a RDLS 'deluxe edition' on/or after the release of the CD/Digital/Vinyl releases on the 17th/24th with all the bonus material (from Angeline to Smile) on a bonus CD/online download in the release.

- they will be announcing a small US tour either before/after Jami's show in Japan in August 2012. probably will be a 'big city tour' from LA to NYC, much like the last american tour during 'Dynamite Era'.

Now they could do something totally different from the 'obvious scenarios' I wrote there. But I wonder if the band are aware of this belated release? I might just drop Rob a line on Facebook and see what he has to say, but remember this is Universal Music, so let's not all build up our expectations for this release until we know everything. BTW, here are all the known 'online sales listing pages' online for the american release of RDLS (so far, I'm hoping either Target/Wal-Mart will get this release noted soon!), just for everyone's FYI, enjoy & Cheers!

i am hoping for a mini north american tour, yes it would be nice to get something extra special from releasing RDLS, such as bonus tracks but concerts seems better and rewarding after 2-years waiting :wink:

i would think that someone from the band would be aware of this. Since its not directly from mercury /universal that is releasing it, isn't there a contract that needs to be sign between both parties to promote an album exclusively to a country after releasing it worldwide in 2010??

for now i guess we just gotta keep playing the 'waiting game' until more details are announced

also, i notice many fans are not happy with the album cover, i don't mind the cover really because the music is what matters not the image. However, i do wonder if the artwork was done by a so-called professional that was paid to do it or was it fan-made (possibly from that contest last year)?
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Apr 09, 2012 3:51 am

funkyette wrote:also, i notice many fans are not happy with the album cover, i don't mind the cover really because the music is what matters not the image.

Yes, very true.....my favourite JMQcover is the High Times :Singles........reminds me of the classic movie Planet of the Apes..where the only thing left of the previous human civilization and poking out of the sands is the Statue of Liberty.
funkyette wrote:i am hoping for a mini north american tour,

If this becomes truth, this Canadian will be coming across the border! :D
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby funkyette on Tue Apr 10, 2012 6:59 pm

i haven't notice that of the high times cover, good comparison and yes its a cool cover...i think majority of their album covers are just simple and very cool, also at times jay is used as the posterboy for the band instead of buffloman :lol:

don't worry i didn't forget canada is part of north america, we both represent the continent (and also mexico). Hey if they tour canada as well, then this american is smuggling in :P
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 7:26 pm

funkyette wrote: Hey if they tour canada as well, then this american is smuggling in :P

Me too! But we don't have to smuggle in, just get the enhanced driver's license!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Sat Apr 14, 2012 8:51 pm

^ good thing thats all we need to get in :wink:

i don't know if this has been mentioned or if american fans are aware of this, you can pre-order RDLS on US i-tunes for $9.99.
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Sun Apr 15, 2012 7:54 pm

Woop Woop! Just spotted a new sales listing for Jamiroquai's stateside release of 'Rock Dust Light Star' on the Target website, but it initally says it will only be available for 'online purchase' only. Let's hope it's just a mistake and will be available in store starting April 24th, here's the sales listing at Target's website...Cheers! :

Arrow http://www.target.com/p/Rock-Dust-Light ... A-14088284

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Apr 19, 2012 3:26 pm

Okay, so, Solo Records (on Facebook) has announced Record Store Day.
I'm clueless what this is (you have to remember I was home with kids for years),
but it's basically a music holiday! I mean, the record stores here are limited as it is, but in Detroit, we still have a few.
They passed me onto Streetcorner Music (store). And yes, they are having a full release of Jamiroquai's RDLS, package of vinyl and cd! They are in, but won't be priced and put out until Saturday!
So it's official! And no bonus tracks listed (unless it's hidden)

I also asked about the earlier Jamiroquai releases, and he said they've done well and are a favorite!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 4:08 pm

So I ended up at the store just when it opened, and it was packed! it smelled of old cheeba!
I didn't want to be the nerd showing up too early! :lol: But being the late person, I was at least on time.
So I got my copy, and when in line, there was only one other copy left (but maybe more in back).
I'm not sure how many they'd got in their shipment, but there were many different specials.

Giba7
Runaway

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Sat Apr 21, 2012 5:08 pm

Giba7 wrote:So I ended up at the store just when it opened, and it was packed! it smelled of old cheeba!
I didn't want to be the nerd showing up too early! :lol: But being the late person, I was at least on time.
So I got my copy, and when in line, there was only one other copy left (but maybe more in back).
I'm not sure how many they'd got in their shipment, but there were many different specials.

Yeah, I did some searching around and I got mine this morning too, still a bit underwhelmed they didn't put a bonus OR hidden track on this release still good it was released here...FINALLY! Here are my pictures of my bundle, on my Facebook:

:arrow: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set ... 359&type=1

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby curse_t__70 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:35 am

Did you guys know that this American released record is limited to 2,500? Some person is trying to sell it for 90 or best offer (on ebay) :shock:
curse_t__70
Supersonic

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Sun Apr 22, 2012 6:26 pm

curse_t__70 wrote:Did you guys know that this American released record is limited to 2,500? Some person is trying to sell it for 90 or best offer (on ebay) :shock:

yeah, that is a recurring problem with 'Record Store Day', they produce such limited numbers of specific releases that not all music fans whom go to their indie record stores and purchase them or even find them. They 9 times out of 10 end up being bought other resourceful consumers just for the reasoning of being sold for an 'incredibly higher price/profit' on Ebay and other auction sites. So I'm not surprised at all that this double vinyl/cd bundle has shown up on Ebay, more power to whomever has the green to buy this. In regards to this bundle being a limited produced set of 2,500, I highly doubt that number is right, my indie record I went to had literally 10+ bundles of RDLS for sale and they were totally untouched till I arrived, so can't be true, but it's true it's probably not available everywhere for being a 'special release' for Record Store Day. But really digging my bundle I bought, the double vinyl of RDLS is stellar, really was mastered well...mind you I haven't listened to a Jamiroquai Vinyl release since back in the day when I bought my 'Light Years' US Single Vinyl :mrgreen: . Anyway, I hope everyone enjoys this new bundle and the upcoming wider CD release this coming Tuesday, Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Apr 25, 2012 11:09 pm

@ Giba - thanks for showing us a photo of the RDLS album! It looks awesome!! :D

I would have bought it too if I had the chance even though I already bought RDLS twice (I had been hanging out for the deluxe CD but it had been delayed into Australia and only the regular CD was available. So I downloaded the deluxe version from Aus i-Tunes - and then bought the CD which of course became available in the stores a few days after downloading from i-Tunes!!) :x :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:59 pm

So......have all you Americans been requesting a song from the album to the radio stations?......now that it is officially out of the closet ? :roll:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:25 am

that's exactly what I was thinking today, driving!
Tomorrow. tomorrow! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Tiffinypie on Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:19 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:So......have all you Americans been requesting a song from the album to the radio stations?......now that it is officially out of the closet ? :roll:

I already tried :( nothing yet
Tiffinypie
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Thu May 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Hey Hey, that looks good! :mrgreen: Glad you finally have it in your hands..Hysus knows you waited for it :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Fri May 04, 2012 4:48 am

yes, great to have it!
I have called. Not yet!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon May 07, 2012 2:56 am

I have been meaning to ask, what does "The Limited Edition Double Vinyl" of RDLS mean? To me, double vinyl means a double album, but it wasn't. :?
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 am

double album because there's about 3 songs on each side
remember, Jam means long songs! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon May 07, 2012 2:04 pm

Giba7 wrote:double album because there's about 3 songs on each side
remember, Jam means long songs! :lol:
Ahh, now I get it. I still think "double vinyl" is a bit misleading though! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Rock Dust Light Star