Home
Jamiroquai

'Rock Dust Light Star' U.S. Release April 2012!!

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

'Rock Dust Light Star' U.S. Release April 2012!!

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 4:56 pm

Hello Jam Party People,

Thought I would pass on some good news for all my fellow American Jamiroquai fans. What started out as a find of Jamiroquai's 'Rock Dust Light Star' as an 'exclusive special release' for Record Store Day on April 21st 2012 has now appeared to be developing into a full blown U.S. release of the 2010 new album from Jamiroquai. According to several sites, Jamiroquai's 2010 album 'Rock Dust Light Star', which never got a proper U.S. release, will be released, first early on Record Store Day at participating American independent record stores on April 21st 2012 and then will have it's full release on April 24th 2012. The bad news there won't be any bonus tracks on this release, it's the basic regular edition of the album release, but it will have 'exclusive artwork'. Here is the new artwork cover for the U.S. release:

I know, some of us are grimacing at the horrendous artwork, but hopefully the booklet artwork will make up for this shortcoming. Massive thanks to Dye & Diamond_Doc on JamiroTalk.net for finding out all this info for this release and Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Re: 'Rock Dust Light Star' U.S. Release April 2012!!

Postby Sandriche on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:01 pm

the cover is soooo cheesy!!! WHY WHY WHY
I know there would be a dozen of fans that could do a better funky classy cover
Sandriche

Postby Giba7 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:03 pm

no f*cking way! Really? I am speechless! :mrgreen:
It;s about f*cking time. Really!

(I was thinking Jamiroquai would be in green, not blue) :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 5:40 pm

Great news! :mrgreen:
Giba7 wrote:(I was thinking Jamiroquai would be in green, not blue) :wink:

:lol: They just should change almost everything... :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:07 pm

I kinda like the cover! :D but perhaps it should be tweaked...hmmm
I think Jamiroquai should be in green, the buffaloman should be in purple, and the walkway should be in yellow for "the Yellow brick road"! :lol:

I'd really like "Smile" as a bonus on this! :mrgreen:

btw thank you JamiroFan2000 for the update!
Please keep us up, especially if you hear of any possible tour. :shock:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Jazzhole on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:54 pm

Justin Bieber, Nicki Minaj...

You finally going down, suckers!!! :)
Jazzhole
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:04 pm

That is one horrific cover! :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 10:49 pm

caroli wrote:That is one horrific cover!

Yes it is pretty bland.....and I usually like simplicity! Where are all the stars? There should have been an art cover contest......
Hey .......it is being released on my birthday!!!! :D
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Apr 02, 2012 11:38 pm

Oh that's awesome news - and about time! (Very cool about it being released on your birthday Curse_t!)

The cover's not that bad - at least it's better than the original! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby funkyette on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:16 am

i just found out from the other site and wasn't sure what this release meant...so i guess the 2-year wait is finally over for fans in the states :D

unfortunately there are some of us who bought it imported when it was originally released, i don't think i would buy another album unless it had something more special besides 12 tracks and cover artwork

speaking of cover artwork, its ok and looks 80s' retro but i like the background since it goes with RDLS and yes way much better than the other cover :wink:

overall, i am just excited by the news and they haven't forgotten their fans from across the pond

now the next thing is, will they finally tour north america?
please say yes :lol:
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:36 am

no, Jamiroquai in purple, and the walkway in green.
Keep the golden buffaloman! Purple skies and green grass!
Oh hell, I don't care, I'll just be waiting to hear it on my radio!

What song first? hmm...Hurtin? White Knuckle Ride? She's a Fast Persuader? I'd love Smoke & Mirrors.

This isn't some hoke? April Fools' Day joke?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 1:21 pm

Ya.......maybe this is all Smoke and Mirrors :?
I hope the radio play in the States will trickle down to Canada b/c even though it was released here last year, I don't think there was much play. But then again I don't listen to the radio. I play my own cds
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 3:57 pm

Giba7 wrote:I kinda like the cover! :D but perhaps it should be tweaked...hmmm
I think Jamiroquai should be in green, the buffaloman should be in purple, and the walkway should be in yellow for "the Yellow brick road"! :lol:

I'd really like "Smile" as a bonus on this! :mrgreen:

btw thank you JamiroFan2000 for the update!
Please keep us up, especially if you hear of any possible tour. :shock:

Your very welcome, I would think with Jamiroquai touring Japan in August, if RDLS does good sales numbers in the states that they should at least do a few big city tourdates in the states, maybe LA then NYC and book some TV performances. David Rowe let me know that they are releasing a special 'vinyl' release of RDLS on Record Store Day on April 17th (not the 19th) with another different album cover along with the digital/physical CD release on April 24th, forgot to pass that other bit of info on to you guys. But yeah, in regards to the frets over the 'new album cover', I join the consensus against it, just looks shoddy and not thought through, in a way it just continues the prevailing narrative of Universal Music half-assed treatment of Jamiroquai, from missed pre-announcements to misinformations on basic album releases, but I try not to dwell on these issues and always try to look towards the positive. But in a way the new album cover is ok, but most certainly, I can applaud them for finally releasing this album in the states....but I swear, if RDLS sells gangbusters in the States and they roll out TWOMlike promotions of the new album just to shift some more units then they still haven't won my 'fan respect'. Anyway, will let you all know more soon when I hear it...take care! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000

P.S. Follow me/Friend me on Facebook @ http://www.facebook.com/jamirofan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby LisaTheLisa on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:28 pm

What happened to the other discussion about Jamiroquai not touring in the US? It disappeared! I SWEAR it was in the Funktion Room - now it's gone. So we are being censored. I would think Jamiroquai would understand free speech and allow it. I hope I am looking in the wrong place and they didn't delete it just because they don't like that we complained . . .

Put our backs against the wall. Or don't we count at all?
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:34 pm

LisaTheLisa wrote:What happened to the other discussion about Jamiroquai not touring in the US? It disappeared! I SWEAR it was in the Funktion Room - now it's gone. So we are being censored. I would think Jamiroquai would understand free speech and allow it. I hope I am looking in the wrong place and they didn't delete it just because they don't like that we complained . . .

I think that thread was either moved or deleted due to non-activity, but what would I know, I'm not on this forum all the time as my fellow fans. I don't think anyone will be censored since my friend David Rowe runs this forum along with other great fan mods. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Sandriche on Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:46 pm

LisaTheLisa wrote:What happened to the other discussion about Jamiroquai not touring in the US? It disappeared! I SWEAR it was in the Funktion Room - now it's gone. So we are being censored. I would think Jamiroquai would understand free speech and allow it. I hope I am looking in the wrong place and they didn't delete it just because they don't like that we complained . . .

Topics dont´get deleted without a reason.Only if it is spam or offending somebody. If there is no activity they just will move down in the list.
what´s the name of the topic?What was it about?
If it got deleted per accident when we got rid of hundreds of spam the other day I apologise.
Sandriche

Postby ErinUSA on Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:51 pm

The topic "JAMIROQUAI - PLEASE COME TO...!!!" was accidentally deleted the other day in the haze of mass spam deleting. I found it and recovered it. It has been placed in "The Funktion Room". There was talk going on in there about U.S. touring (if that's the thread being spoken about above).
ErinUSA

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:33 am

Thanks for the info JamiroFan2000......I looked on the emg website and had a view of the cover of the vinyl release.....much better...white brick wall with a painted buffaloman still dripping blue paint...I might just have to get it :D even though I just purchased the canadian release one.....and I have the cd.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 12:57 am

omg haha! hilarious! those commies deleted the page!
all is forgiven with their release! :wink:
curse_t_70 wrote:Thanks for the info JamiroFan2000......I looked on the emg website and had a view of the cover of the vinyl release.....much better...white brick wall with a painted buffaloman still dripping blue paint...I might just have to get it :D even though I just purchased the canadian release one.....and I have the cd.

yes, will definitely have to buy! Jamfan (Natalie?) please keep us up on where to buy the vinyl!
why blue over purple?
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:33 am

Isn't this major news.....why wouldn't it be on the home page? :?
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:22 pm

And the Americans get in line. Last.

Yes, this is major news.
If it's real, it should be on the front page!
Last edited by Giba7 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:41 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:Thanks for the info JamiroFan2000......I looked on the emg website and had a view of the cover of the vinyl release.....much better...white brick wall with a painted buffaloman still dripping blue paint...I might just have to get it :D even though I just purchased the canadian release one.....and I have the cd.

Could you link me to the salespage of the vinyl release on the emg website? I really want to see this cover and pass it on to my fellows on facebook & elsewhere. In regards to why this release hasn't made the frontpage of the official site as big news, David Rowe was caught offguard about this surprise release as I was and promised me he's in the process of putting up a thread here and posting on the news on the Official mainpage & Funkin Site (which has already been posted). Can't wait to see this other cover and great news hunting Curse, much appreciated! Cheers!

SIncerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:52 pm

hehe, forget it, I found it, for those whom want to see the cover of the vinyl release of RDLS, click here and watch the slideshow banner to see a little picture of the cover:

http://www.executivemusic.com

Also, additionally, I finally found some information about the 'Executive Music Group', as I surmised, it is indeed a subsidiary of Universal Music, here is the information compliments of Sister Darshan (thanks much appreciated!):

Fontana Distribution is a subsidiary of Universal Music Group. Executive Music Group is one of Fontana's labels.

From Wikipedia: "Fontana Distribution has been known to successfully round up albums worldwide from national Universal Music Group companies for American release"

Will post again soon when I hear/see more! Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:43 am

hey -I can't find it on the emg website. :x
and Jamirofan, you are Diamond Doc/Dye?
I was reading @ Funkin.com.

sounds like some Jamiroquai fan has Fontana connections! :lol:

And so here it is my dedication
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXrVyMbf1A
17 days into April :wink: but no rain, sunshine only.
I had the purple "When Doves Cry"
Giba7
Runaway

Postby JamiroFan2000 on Thu Apr 05, 2012 5:47 pm

Giba7 wrote:hey -I can't find it on the emg website. :x
and Jamirofan, you are Diamond Doc/Dye?
I was reading @ Funkin.com.

sounds like some Jamiroquai fan has Fontana connections! :lol:

And so here it is my dedication
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RtXrVyMbf1A
17 days into April :wink: but no rain, sunshine only.
I had the purple "When Doves Cry"

no, Dye/Diamond Doc are two other fan friends from JamiroTalk whom alerted me to this release and deserved props for the help. the vinyl cover is on the 'slideshow banner' playing on the main page of the executive music group website, it changes pictures every few seconds, their is a banner in it about the U.S. release of RDLS and has pictures of both album covers, vinyl and CD. Cheers!

Sincerely,
JamiroFan2000
JamiroFan2000
Supersonic

Next

Return to Rock Dust Light Star