Home
Jamiroquai

She's A Fast Persuader

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

Re: She's A Fast Persuader

Postby Giba7 on Sat May 07, 2011 7:01 pm

She’s a Fast Persuader seemed like it was going to be about a car –but instead it is about a BJ!
“I love it when you Get on Down, and Work me babe, On your knees, Once again” !
This implication isn't new, it is current in music like “Down on Me” by Jeremiah and 50 Cent, and Marvin Gaye’s “ Soon I’ll be Loving You Again”, even in the beautiful song “Miracles” by Jefferson Airplane, or "Head" by Prince, and "Down on Me" by Janice Joplin. (I'm getting a collection)

Now that we know what it is about, really what about the music? Everybody just loves this song! This seems to be the favorite song from the album. Apparantly it brings back the older acid jazz style which many associate with the original Jamiroquai feel. But it also has such a smooth sound with the falsetto voice “C’mon Down -c'mon work me baby" in the background.

It begins (and features) an outerspace theme with a strong bass, drums, keyboards (synthesizer?) and maybe even cowbell? (More cowbell!) But the bass keeps the funk going, with the keyboards and trance-like theme. Spacey feel, and sax solo. It is upbeat and is the song that just keeps you going and makes you wanna dance. It’s funky and keeps its groove. Til the end, and then it speeds up almost too fast for dance, and get ready for a landing. :lol: Awesome tune!

Here’s the Jazz café performance 2010
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qf1Tt3geM
Last edited by Giba7 on Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sat May 07, 2011 10:04 pm

Lovely indeed! That's one I never skip :mrgreen: :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Mon May 09, 2011 9:15 am

Hahahaha it's not so hard to understand this song,everybody define it just as it is!Maybe this song is just meant to make people happy, not intending to mind bending everybody just like the previous songs..(even though i'm still insist myself that it must be other meaning that just a BJ) :wink:

I like if a song have different tune between the beginning and the end, and this song it's just the greatest example.. the begin part,the mid part and the end part it's just so various and rich.And yes Giba i think it's synthesizer and some samples too but it doesn't compete the instruments those gentlemen carry!
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon May 09, 2011 5:04 pm

It is spelled out in the Taratata interview (I think that's the one).

But don't reduce it down to just a BJ.
It is the dance that surrounds it (I suppose!) :lol:
or this is my interpretation!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby funkyette on Wed May 25, 2011 8:02 pm

listening to this song is eargasmic
i would love to hear the instrumental version of this song
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby StormeyG on Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 pm

Giba7 wrote:Here's the live version. Funny. He actually demonstrates what it means! :lol:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W3qf1Tt3geM

Love this!!! love the song and percussion and this perfomance is just the best!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby cb_painter on Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:19 am

I want to hear this wonderful song live! Pleeeeease, France this fall, perhaps in Toulouse.
cb_painter

Previous

Return to Rock Dust Light Star