Home
Jamiroquai

Love the album

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

Re: Love the album

Postby R I T A on Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:16 pm

two completely different things made me smile since day 1!! there's something special about that one that made me instantly love it and choosing it as one of the best songs on the album. it also reminds me of their first songs/albums so..
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby caroli on Tue Feb 08, 2011 4:47 pm

I love it cause it tells my story. My best friend is J and I'm the girl that won't want the same thing. What he wants and what I give him are two completely different things :lol: :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:47 am

Yeah i mean i always love that song from the first!and i keep on smiling ... :D :D :D
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Wed Feb 09, 2011 8:16 am

First time I heard 2 Completely Different Things I can't stop smiling too. Although I think it's not the best of the album I really love it. Makes me remember of sunny days and happy times.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby cb_painter on Thu Feb 10, 2011 10:05 am

I love alllll the album! but when I come to the three... Lifeline, She´s a fast persuader and Two completely different things I enter situation, they cannot be better, oh! thank you for these works of art!!!! GRACIAS , but also all good in the hood, never gonna be another, hey floyd, smoke and mirrors and hang it over .
You want to be a bit loutish , but you are elegant, or upside-down. I like your eclecticism, your personality.
We surprise you with this album different from the others, but equally yours.
I have a ticket for Lyon, from Spain...
cb_painter

Postby cb_painter on Sun Jun 12, 2011 3:58 pm

Now I can say that RDLS is a very good album. I listen all of the Jamiroquai albums daily, my music player mixes all your tracks.When the album went out, I listened in order, to feel the essence and the character of it, and I liked it since the beginning. But now after having listened to it very much, I see things that I didn´t see initially. I can now appreciate it is really good, and I never tire of listening to thousands of times.

The firsts listenings I prefered White Knuckle Ride, and also She´s a fast persuader and Two completely different things. Now SAFP and TCDT are still being two of my favourites, but I like very much All good in the hood, I think a perfect song, I like every day more. Also Smoke and mirrors, Rock dust light star, Hang it over, Never gonna be another,Lifeline and Hey Floyd.
There are songs, like Hurtin, or Angeline, also very good, that are not my favourites, but necessary in the whole album, to get this new rock and charleston bohemian character.

I admire your courage, you have risky, because you are true artists who want to evolve. This album sounds mature, it has got a incredible mix of styles, perfectly fitted to your characteristic style.

Your new hats in the shows are perfect, classical look to a new era.

Not in Lyon, but now see you in Bayonne, Arcachon and Barcelona !woooow!
LONG LIFE to bands like you
cb_painter

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:35 am

Haha! There's a new released book titled Rock Dust Light Star!
(American Folk Blues Festival -now who'd a thunk that?)

http://www.amazon.com/Rock-Dust-Light-Lambert-Surhone/dp/6136237563/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1311035628&sr=8-2

The best part is the sticker "High quality Content by Wikipedia articles"! :lol:
That should be in the funniest section too!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:55 am

I really love the album Rock Dust Light Star. It is quite different from other Jamiroquai albums, but I don't mind, I know they still got the funk! I'm also very happy that they made a new album after such a long time.

I have the cd in my car and it's perfect to listen to on long drives. I remember reading somewhere that Jay said he wanted to make a good album for driving, so yes, I believe this was achieved! :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Previous

Return to Rock Dust Light Star