Home
Jamiroquai

Album reviews [ FANS]

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

Re: Album reviews [ FANS]

Postby lola on Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:07 pm

JMQ, RDLS & me

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
lola
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Nov 09, 2010 8:37 pm

Okay. So got home today with a note that I missed my package. :shock:
Hunted down the mail lady. Finally got the original edition in my hands from the UK. (I'm in the US) Although the cover's cracked. What's up with my deluxe edition? I ordered it 10/10?

Listening now.

But after reading the back, have to crack up at the "And now... IN 2010 an extra special no thanks to:"
:lol: :lol:
Great -offers some charities to support :D
A genuine thanks to everyone, and a mention to his pets! So sweet!

Back later.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Feliz on Wed Nov 10, 2010 12:15 am

Giba7 wrote:Okay. So got home today with a note that I missed my package. :shock:
Hunted down the mail lady. Finally got the original edition in my hands from the UK. (I'm in the US) Although the cover's cracked. What's up with my deluxe edition? I ordered it 10/10?

Listening now.

But after reading the back, have to crack up at the "And now... IN 2010 an extra special no thanks to:"
:lol: :lol:
Great -offers some charities to support :D
A genuine thanks to everyone, and a mention to his pets! So sweet!

Back later.

YAYY!! unfortunately the Jamiro-Gods have punished me by not shipping mine yet :( lol

sooon..... soooon....
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby JairJy on Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:13 pm

I love the Album, I'm listen it all day for one week!

This is the second best album from Jamiroquai. The songs are awesome, more acoustic, but still you can feel the jazz on it (but not much funk).

She's A Fast Persuader, Hey Floyd and That's Not The Funk I Want (I legally get this one on Saturn.de) are the best of the album. White Knucle Ride, Rock Dust Light Star and All Good In The Hood are awesome too. The worst ones are Goodbye To My Dancer, Blue Skies and Never Gonna Be Another.

I Hope that Kay and Jamiroquai will make another album soon. Exelent comeback!
JairJy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 5:25 pm

Overall, it’s new Jamiroquai music and I’m thrilled. :mrgreen: Great vocals, instrumentalists -very talented, music is great with new styles. And I think I understand the meaning “Pipe & Slippers”!
When I listen to new music, I listen with open ears and nit-pick. But eventually it becomes background. And all songs should have some peak. Also recognize their style is to combine styles. Many songs don't end where you think,, they continue past, which I think is one of their trademarks! (and not typical of pop which is short & sweet). But this will be the best part of "LIVE" performances. One element throughout the album not my taste, but it'll grow on me. Many Lyrics based mainly on relationships. I kinda miss Space :wink:

Rock, Dust, Light, Star probably my favorite song. Has a surround hum to it. Feel Good chords. Music is great and well-written. @ 4:02 he says “(Ch)hit it” but sounds like “Cheetah to me! So I like that.

She’s a Fast Persuader –love it! Space & Dance. The JMQ element. The only clubbin’ song. The one you get that star-gaze from. I like the effects. Plus a sax solo.

Lifeline Just about the best song. Starts out like with a Motown intro, and upbeat. But then a Beatlesque sound, then jazz. Moves through many styles. But a feel-good song. Well- written, great vocals!

Two Completely Different Things is a great song. I love the music, smooth rhythms & vocals. One of the best for sure.

Goodbye to My Dancer I like the slow groove, not sure about the chorus. The saddest song. Best part is when he comes back with “Now I pretend…It’s Over now” Like a shout back!

Smoke & Mirrors –kinda funky/jazzy. Cool lyrics. (I Can't figure this one out!) The Rolling Stones reference. Good song. Cool girl chorus “Tonight my dear, tonight your lovin...” Love the brass and different instruments in this one.

Still love Hurtin’ Simple, and funky, rock. Great instruments. Builds up to the chorus.

All Good in the Hood is great. Rhythmic, great vocals. The chorus sounds a bit off- but gives it that character. Can't wait for the remix.

Hey Floyd A lot going on in this song. –reference ‘ride that crazy white horse’ as a drug reference (H or C). Groovy, then reggae, reminds me of ‘Bob Marley’ or the ‘Police’. Jay has a great reggae voice, and then it turns into a fast groove, then jazzy keyboards, kinda a bit all over! But I love it!

I think the keyboards remind me of Stevie Wonder music.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Ninochka on Sun Nov 14, 2010 8:03 am

I'm so happy today. :mrgreen:

Finally I got a copy of RDLS today... I found it on a record store and it's the last stock available! The one thing surprised me is that how fast it's available here, I think I must wait for months. :lol:

And my top choices are (not in order):

1. Hurtin: I think this song captures the darker side of Jay. Doesn't sound like the 'usual' JMQ sounds we think, but that's the point.
    2. All Good In The Hood: Has groove 70s (or 80s?) vibes. Great bassline.
    3. She's A Fast Persuader: Probably the best song of this album. :D I love the instrumentation.
    4. Two Completely Different Things: In my opinion, this is what I call "sun-kissed", instead of Blue Skies. Simple, catchy lyrics.
    5. Hey Floyd: This song is a surprise. Something like Latin Jazz in the beginning, then shifting to rock/instrumental, then reggae, the rock again...

Overall: Great album. Maybe this doesn't go to their Acid Jazz flavor again, like some of us prefer, but you'll be satisfied. :wink:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:01 pm

Happy for you! :mrgreen: I saw it on sale too the other day in a tiny records store but I didn't buy it yet... have no idea why though... :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Mon Nov 15, 2010 2:26 am

So it's just me and Caroli only who haven't got the new album? :( :(
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Feliz on Mon Nov 15, 2010 3:36 am

and meee!!!
Feliz
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:24 am

BlackCapricornDay wrote:So it's just me and Caroli only who haven't got the new album? :( :(

Don't worry... I bet you'll get it in a week or two from now on... :wink:

Ehm...is this your birthday today? Happy Birthday! :D
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Mon Nov 15, 2010 10:07 am

Yes..yes.. thank youuu Ninochka :)
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Nov 15, 2010 4:05 pm

Happy Birthday Black Capricorn!

Caroli -no cd yet? Funny how we wait anxiously, then don't get around to it! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Happy B.Day BlackCapricornDay! Have a great one (and maybe get the album? :lol: )

Yep Giba...no cd yet. I seriously though it would be more difficult to resist the buying but actually it's not...I even think I could perfectly live without buying it...my Jamiroquai fever is way over now :roll:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby R I T A on Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:46 pm

Happy Birthday BlackCapricornDay!!! :D
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby MrsMadHattersHat on Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:38 pm

I don't have the new album yet :cry: .
Pffff... I said to my mom uuhms I mean the Dutch Santa, that it was a great "Sint Nicolaas" present... so I have to wait till the 5th of December... going nuts till then I suppose :lol: !

I like to read the thank you(not?)s. :lol:

Haaaaaa is it almost December?
MrsMadHattersHat
Supersonic

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:51 am

Aww thanks girls !!

Of course it will be nice to have RDLS as a birthday present, but i couldn't ask anyone to beg :P , i can't ask my father because he already gave me an automatic scooter-like motorcycle as a birthday present, and you know what the saddest part is : i can't ride any motorcycle, i even can ride a bicycle when i was 19!what a shame,huhh? i don't know,, i have some kind of paranoia to ride something with 2 wheel in a row :lol: it scared me hell to death..anyway i can't ask for my boyfriend because i don't have boyfriend, i can't ask for my brother because turns out that he is in poor condition and borrow my money!
So i'll buy it by myself, i barely never ask anything in my life ,i used to buy anything by myself.. the reason why i didn't get the album is i don't have time to go , i used to hang out every weekend with my mum, but now i have to visit my new niece every weekend!and i'm too tired to go out after work, i don't buy online because i don't have credit card (yes i don't have)and i have to pay the very expensive shipping cost, so i'll wait in patience, i'll have my time, i'm a laid back fan ..
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby MrsMadHattersHat on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:05 am

I understand!
Sometimes things are not easy to do or to get, and that don't make you a bad or less fan then others!
I wait till "Sint Nicolaas" just because I can not miss any money till then.
But I can listen to the new songs on youtube and that's better then nothing!
So we are together waiting in patience (or do our best to stay patience :lol: )!
MrsMadHattersHat
Supersonic

Postby BlackCapricornDay on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:15 am

hhmm right .. i found out that money is my thing too,i'm living in a third world country so 5-7 dollars quite a number for me (convert it in rupiahs)like it's a mid-month and i already runs out my salary,i spent my last extra money to help the victim of Merapi-Mentawai (instead of buy JMQ's) but i don't regret it and i will definitely gonna save my money for my RDLS!!

:lol: Hatter we are way off topic here , forgive our "poorness" everybody ! (kidding Hatter of course)
BlackCapricornDay
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Tue Nov 16, 2010 6:36 am

I beg my Dad to bought me RDLS. :lol:
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby MrsMadHattersHat on Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:00 am

[offtopic] :lol: But BlackCapricornDay you're only real poor when you are poor in your heart (not that it makes things much easier - but it's keeping me going saying things like this to myself!) and as far as I know you, you have a very good heart.

And I don't have a dad to beg for the new album. :wink:
Haha maybe I must find him saying I need 29 years of birthdaypresents 8) . [/offtopic]
MrsMadHattersHat
Supersonic

Postby Jay F (funky_chill) on Tue Nov 16, 2010 10:27 pm

not gonna use much words for this, i guess this one suits very good for it : PERFECT ;D once again, this is jamiroquai, always has, always will
Jay F (funky_chill)
Dynamite

Postby R I T A on Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:36 pm

couldn't agree more...
R I T A
Supersonic

Postby Ninochka on Fri Nov 19, 2010 5:29 am

Now I'm often listen to the new album when studying, and probably my parents started to think I'm nuts because I'm singing alone... :lol:
And they can't listen to the music-I'm always use a headphone.
Ninochka
Mr Moon

Postby funkyette on Sat Nov 20, 2010 1:55 am

Got the deluxe 2 weeks ago...when i got it, I didn't listen to the album until 2 days later when I was driving, wow what an experience :shock: 8)

RDLS: love the psychedelic rock vibe to it

WKR: this gets your adrenaline pumping when your dancing, working-out or cruising the streets

S&M: old school vibe, it's like something you would hear in the mid-80's

AGITH: it reminds me of a video of jamiroquai in 93' i saw on youtube..they were performing rapper's delight/rock me again and and again at club citta...the intro (first few seconds) is identical to this track. Also I can't get walkin out on me yeh, walkin out off my mind each time I listen to this song

Hurtin: one word= sexy

BS: i still think this is a beautiful song, it's personal

Lifeline: love the horns

SAFP: classic jamiroquai, the intro has a sci fi feel to it, also I could picture this being played at strip clubs...the break down of the drums reminds me of revolution 93'

TCDT: smooth jazzy

GTMD: guitar riffs and percussion stands out in this track

NGBA: sad song, listening to this track on a gloomy rainy day sets the mood just right

HF: wow!! absolutely my favorite track, i just love the transition to the reggae style and transit back to original, it's simply unique

AGITH: for acoustic version, its alright, much prefer the original

Angeline: it has this new wave-ish vibe to it

HIO: I really like it, it's sought of like HF with the usage of 2 different styles and transiting them back and froth...i think this is the first time the band uses dixie in their music

overall, RDLS= 9/10
funkyette
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Nov 20, 2010 3:42 am

Funkyette
Got the deluxe 2 weeks ago...when i got it, I didn't listen to the album until 2 days later when I was driving, wow what an experience

I must be older, I don't hold out anymore! :lol:

Thanks Funkyette -Great to hear another review. And AGITH -wouldn't have known that!
HIO: i think this is the first time the band uses Dixie in their music

Dixie? :shock: I don't have my Deluxe version yet!
Giba7
Runaway

PreviousNext

Return to Rock Dust Light Star