Home
Jamiroquai

Album reviews [ FANS]

Let Jamiroquai take you on a White Knuckle Ride. Come here to talk about anything related to the new album...

Re: Album reviews [ FANS]

Postby ilenita on Mon May 23, 2011 8:04 pm

I was not a special very fan of Jamiroquai band, but sure, I enjoy some of their best songs, but, with this album, Rock Dust Light Star, I have understood that really, this band is more than an excellent group of musicians and a charismatic leader and singer, it doesn't matter the labels with Jamiroquai,, in brief,, the whole work done by them, and the new sounds, the melodies, the voices, the rythm are simply perfect. I will go to my first Jamiroquai show, and I am going because I love this album, but at same time, I am conscious of its quality, it is not only a question of enyoing their music, I know I will be in a qualified show! That is not so futile, nowadays, sh*t invades our lifes, in all is debatable by the worse idiots from everywhere in the world- amazing the goodness of blogs, facebooks, twitters....- however this album is quality and there is no doubt about it!
ilenita

Postby lola on Mon May 23, 2011 9:42 pm

I agree whit you!!
lola
Supersonic

Postby ilenita on Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:21 pm

Hi Hi everybody in the forum. Yesterday, I was in Barcelona concert, I felt people were happy there, enjoying the music, it was really a good show. But... I missed more songs from Rock Dust Light Star. This album is amazing! So, why don't play it more? I did not understand well, I am very interested in that album, for sure, the classic songs are wonderful, but the last album too!

The show was perfect, well, .... short.

Hei, you're guys are a really great band, thank you.

And I missing you, yet. Come to Barcelona, soon.

Porfavor, porfavor porfavoooor.
ilena
ilenita

Postby Giba7 on Sat Oct 29, 2011 8:22 pm

So I think the album has been out just about a year!
Any new thoughts?

I like the slower songs much more now!
Blue Skies, Goodbye to my Dancer, & Never gonna be Another.
And the album has so much on it. So many different genres. It's like a variety show!
But it still flows and makes me happy!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby cb_painter on Sat Oct 29, 2011 10:34 pm

I´m agree with you, I love the album more and more, I´m listening to it very much last year.
The first song I loved was "She is a fast persuader", it was love at first sight, and it must be true, because still being my favourite.
I really love "All good in the hood", hard sound, resounding song. When I listen to it, I turn up the volume to top, and every time is an intense sensation.
Love also "Smoke and mirrors" and "Lifeline", also intense and elegant tracks. "Hey Floyd" is so special...
And "the other favourite song": "Two completely different things", perfect, it couldn´t be better.
But I love all the album, every track is fantastic, even that ones that I don´t like very much, because every one has got personality.
Jamiroquai has created with this album a new and personal sound, based in a big variety of influencies, and that´s really difficult. Very good job, guys, congratulations!! Maybe there are some people who doesn´t love RDLS, because is special and different.
cb_painter

Postby Giba7 on Thu Nov 03, 2011 2:06 am

One year later -the album is complex, kinda has many messages. Each song is unique but has a good flow.

Favorite tunes are Smoke & Mirrors, Lifeline, She's a Fast Persuader, & Hey Floyd. But also love Rock Dust Light Star, 2 Completely Different Things, Goodbye 2 my Dancer, Hurtin' and Hang it Over. But all tunes are great. :mrgreen:

also think there should be a movie made to follow "Hey Floyd"! :lol: :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:51 pm

And W.K.R. ??? :mrgreen: First I didn't really like it, but then... Love LOVE LOVE it !!! (nevertheless, I dont really understand the movie... :? )
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Nov 04, 2011 11:58 pm

One year later - I still really love this album. It's one of the few albums I can listen to in its entirety. (Though if I skip a song it is usually Blue Skies).

Favourite songs on album: WKR, Smoke and Mirrors, All Good In The Hood, Hurtin', Lifeline, SAFP, Two Completely Different Things - almost all of them really!! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 12:15 am

Giba7 wrote:One year later -the album is complex, kinda has many messages. Each song is unique but has a good flow.

Favorite tunes are Smoke & Mirrors, Lifeline, She's a Fast Persuader, & Hey Floyd. But also love Rock Dust Light Star, 2 Completely Different Things, Goodbye 2 my Dancer, Hurtin' and Hang it Over. But all tunes are great. :mrgreen:

also think there should be a movie made to follow "Hey Floyd"! :lol: :lol:

I too am perplexed at the Hey Floyd movie prospect :? I would rather watch a Smoke and Mirrors tv movie :!: :lol: Come to think of it, it would be rather sad :cry: My fave tune on the album is definatly Hey Floyd with the shot of reggae and danceable quality. I used to really love Goodbye to my dancer but severely overplayed it. WKR is solid gold stuff! and I agree with ya Giba7 that She's a fast persuader is just way too groovy and always makes me get up and dance. :D Ive never favoured slow songs in general but Jay knows how to please me with Blue Skies (just lovely) If there was one song I would scratch from the album it would be Hurtin'
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby Giba7 on Sat Nov 05, 2011 4:09 am

You'd scratch Hurtin'? No way! -it is a great Rock song. But when it leaked, it was overplayed by looping in a car ride!
I think by the time I get to that song, I'm like 'where are we now' genre-wise!

"Hey Floyd" sounds like it's out of a police chase movie! But instead, they should make a movie called Hey Floyd, put the song on the soundtrack, but follow any storyline they wish!

Smoke & Mirrors would be a great movie too! Why would it be sad? What does the song mean?
And S&M definitely has the best chorus on the album "He wants your loving"! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:41 am

Giba7 wrote:And S&M definitely has the best chorus on the album "He wants your loving"! :lol:

Not to be confused with another S&M we have previously discussed! :lol:

I got tired of typing before: also love Goodbye To My Dancer, Hey Floyd, Angeline, Hang It Over - just make it all of them!! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:32 am

curse_t_70 wrote: I too am perplexed at the Hey Floyd movie prospect :? I would rather watch a Smoke and Mirrors tv movie :!: :lol:

I had to google half the lyrics to see what came up for Smoke & Mirrors!
I'd settle for a video. :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Mon Nov 07, 2011 7:00 pm

Giba7 wrote:
curse_t_70 wrote: I too am perplexed at the Hey Floyd movie prospect :? I would rather watch a Smoke and Mirrors tv movie :!: :lol:

I had to google half the lyrics to see what came up for Smoke & Mirrors!
I'd settle for a video. :wink:

I see you listed the song Hang it over :?: :!: :!: I don't have this song on my cd I purchased used on ebay. I had a listen....Very Stevie wonderISH. I like it.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:48 pm

There was a release of a special "Deluxe" edition. You can buy it at the shop but I think only download.
Check out the extra 6 songs. "Hang it Over" & "Angeline" is great.
http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... 27542881d/

Listening to RDLS, "Hurtin' " is a great song. And one I wouldn't know was Jamiroquai, if I didn't have the album :o . But really, it is a great song. And "All Good in the Hood" is great.

**When you realize it, when we love music, we sort of let these musicians with their lyrics, and groove, and melodies into our living rooms and become a part of our day and our world!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:07 pm

Giba7 wrote:There was a release of a special "Deluxe" edition. You can buy it at the shop but I think only download.
Check out the extra 6 songs. "Hang it Over" & "Angeline" is great.
http://store.universal-music.co.uk/rest ... 27542881d/

Listening to RDLS, "Hurtin' " is a great song. And one I wouldn't know was Jamiroquai, if I didn't have the album :o . But really, it is a great song. And "All Good in the Hood" is great.

**When you realize it, when we love music, we sort of let these musicians with their lyrics, and groove, and melodies into our living rooms and become a part of our day and our world!

So true....vacuming is so much more enjoyable with JK. You can get WAY more housework done with some good tuneage. :mrgreen: .......(Hurtin' is just too monotonous for me)
I am excited to have a listen of these extra songs. :)
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby cacouna on Sun Sep 16, 2012 4:01 pm

I keep it in my car & 'Two Completely Different Things', is another amazing song 8)
cacouna
Supersonic

Previous

Return to Rock Dust Light Star