Home
Jamiroquai

Jamiroquai to perform at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2009

Do you have Canned Heat in your heels and are planning on attending a forthcoming concert or have you just been to one? Tell us about your High Times... Post your photos, set-lists, stories and more...

Jamiroquai to perform at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2009

Postby Julia_ on Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:47 am

The official website at Jamiroquai.com has posted a news item saying that Jamiroquai will be performing at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix later this year.

The Abu Dhabi Grand Prix (in the United Arab Emirates) takes place on Sunday 1 November and is the final race in the 2009 Formula 1 season.

In April of this year the band performed at the Kuala Lumpur Grand Prix.

http://funkin.com/news/3902

:mrgreen:

new songs yeaaaah o/
Julia_
Supersonic

Re: Jamiroquai to perform at Abu Dhabi Grand Prix 2009

Postby Sandriche on Wed Sep 30, 2009 1:02 pm

who knows...i wouldnt´be too sure about that.it´s not a gig to promote new stuff..it´s more representing the commercial stuff..
but i am sure we will get a setlist :D
Sandriche

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Sep 30, 2009 4:31 pm

The info on the Homepage Blog has been updated with a performance date of Friday October 30!

==========

Jamiroquai to perform at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix
Posted on 30.09.2009

Jamiroquai will be performing on Friday 30th October as part of the Yasalam After-Race concerts on Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix. The band will be joining Beyonce and Aerosmith for a weekend of concerts never before seen in the UAE.

The Yasalam After-Race concerts are exclusively for Grand Prix ticket holders and will be taking place at the Concert Arena, Ferrari World, Yas Island throughout the weekend.

John Lickrish, Managing Director of Flash Entertainment, commented on the shows:

“We are thrilled to be able to announce another fantastic act for the Yasalam After-Race concerts. Jamiroquai has a huge following all over the world, and lead singer Jay Kay’s penchant for motorsport makes it the perfect performance for the evening after the race. We have an amazing line-up of artists to complement the spectacular race at Yas Marina Circuit, and you can already feel the excitement building.”

The Yasalam After-Race concerts are taking place to celebrate the country’s biggest sporting event – the 2009 Formula 1 Etihad Airways Abu Dhabi Grand prix.

Click here for more details.

==========
ErinUSA

Postby Sandriche on Sun Oct 25, 2009 3:58 am

jamiroquai.com is giving away 2 tickets for the event...if u are interested follow this link

http://www.jamiroquai.com/jamiroquai/competition

Competition
Win guestlist passes to see Jamiroquai in Abu Dhabi

Jamiroquai will be performing live as part of the Yasalam After-Race concerts on Yas Island at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix on October 30th, and we're offering one lucky fan the chance to win 2 guestlist passes to the show.

Please note that this gig will take place in Abu Dhabi and the prize does NOT include travel, accomodation or access to the actual Grand Prix. Please only enter the competition if you will actually be able to get to the concert.The competition closes on Monday 26th October 2009 at 12pm (GMT) so make sure you enter right now!
Sandriche

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:28 am

Live in Abu Dhabi

Jamiroquai are in the UAE to perform at the F1 Yasalam after-race concerts. tabloid! managed to get to grips with their enigmatic frontman Jay Kay

By Nathalie Farah, Staff Reporter
Published: 00:00 October 29, 2009

We always put 100 per cent into our performances so it should be memorable, says Jay Kay. Image Credit: SuppliedThe arrival of the Formula One Grand Prix to Yas Island, has caused the city to become breathless with excitement. For some it is because they will have the chance to witness some of the finer points in motor racing. For others, it's because of the after-race concerts and the amazing line-ups.

Among those who have been signed up to entertain us after watching the adrenaline pumping races is Jamiroquai, an alternative/acid jazz/funk/soul/disco band from the UK. In case you aren't quite sure of how they sound, here is a small reference. Many of their successful singles from Cosmic Girl to Deeper Underground, are still played in heavy rotation by radio stations.

At the moment, the band is in the midst of putting together their latest album, the seventh to be exact. But their lead vocalist and founding member, Jay Kay, managed to squeeze some time in their hectic schedule to chat to tabloid!.

"This isn't the first time we come to the UAE. We've played a gig in Dubai and spent a bit of time out there. We also went driving out on the dunes, which I loved obviously!" Jay Kay, famous for his love of fast sports cars and faster driving, says. "It's the first Abu Dhabi Grand Prix and the last race of the season so there's no way I'd miss that. Hopefully I'll get to enjoy the weather — it's getting cold in the UK. But I'm working on my next album, so won't be able to hang around for too long," he added.

They have visited many venues globally, and have left their mark on every single one, and Jamiroquai has plans to make sure that all who attend their concert on Yas Island will not be disappointed.

"They'll hopefully go away with a smile on their face. I like to think we've got a pretty good reputation as a live band, so I think most people who are into live music will enjoy it. Something for people to dance to, sing to, even rock out to. Sometimes you listen to an album and you're not sure if the band can ‘do it' live. Well trust me — we can." Jay Kay says. "We always put 100 per cent into our performances so it should be memorable," he added.

It should be — other than the amazing beats, Jay Kay will also be whipping the crowd into a frenzy with his energetic dance style and funky head gear.

"I guess people expect it when they come to a Jamiroquai concert. I've always worn hats, they've just changed and mutated over the years, like my music. It was about both recognition and anonymity. The association with the buffalo hat was part of my pop star persona and meant I could have an identity outside of the music. And the dance moves just come out naturally — I couldn't do a show without them!" he says.

Hit records

The band has come a long way since their humble beginnings in 1992 with their first single When You Gonna Learn. Its success had executives from Sony BMG Music Entertainment knocking on their door with an eight -album record deal contract. Now, nearly 20 years later, with many hit records and albums under their belt, Jamiroquai switched to Columbia Records before finally settling with Universal Records. Now, they are in the process of completing their seventh album, details of which still remain top secret. However, it seems that it is set to be released in the near future.

"I think [our music] definitely evolved in quite a natural way. It will always be anchored by my vocals and great grooves but people who say it hasn't evolved obviously don't have ears. My early stuff had a more organic soul/rare groove feel, before moving towards a disco sound with more programming, and eventually developing a harder, rockier edge on tracks like Deeper Underground and Feels Just Like It Should. The next one, which is out next year, will be different again," Jamiroquai's lead singer explained.

Another interesting aspect about the band is the global-warming, save-the-environment messages in their songs and albums. They began their efforts to highlight these issues way before they became the pop culture references they are today. But make no mistake; while it is still an important subject, the band members are now focusing on other topics.

"Well, yes a lot of stuff, particularly from our first and second albums has kind of moved up the agenda. If we helped that happen — then great. But I feel like I said what I wanted to say about all of that back then, so I don't feel the need to repeat myself too much or become some kind of spokesman for anything," Jay Kay says.

Despite the band's ups and downs over the years, there is one thing that Jay Kay is adamant about: he wouldn't change a thing, even if given the choice.

"Nope, no regrets. Life is too short. To still be doing what I'm doing almost 20 years after I started out means I must be doing something right! You learn from your mistakes too, so no wouldn't change a thing."

Jay Kay's take on:

The inspiration behind the band's name: I just like that it's an unusual name. It's a cross between the name Iroquai, which is named after a Native Indian tribe, and Jam, as in what we do when we play live music.

The name of their logo: He's called the buffalo man. He's been around nearly as long as the band I just wanted to have a visual representation or a logo that was instantly recognisable, without even having to write our name.

His influences: Earth Wind And Fire, Chic, Stevie Wonder, Gil Scott Heron, Marvin Gaye, Roy Ayres. I also like some more contemporary dance—based music like Basement Jaxx.

Who he would like to collaborate with: I don't spend too much time thinking about who I would like to collaborate with or indeed listening to other people's music, especially when I'm working on my own material.

Jamiroquai in five words: Hard funking good time music! Because that's what we do…

Get there
Jamiroquai will perform on Friday 30th October as part of the F1 Yasalam after-race concerts on Yas Island. The post-race concerts are exclusive to F1 ticket holders.

Source: http://gulfnews.com/about-gulf-news/al- ... i-1.520277

Enjoy :) :) :)

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby samantha1170 on Fri Oct 30, 2009 7:48 am

Another interview from Dubai...

‘There’s less pressure going out with a non-celebrity’ - JAY KAY

The Jamiroquai singer talks exclusively to OK! MIDDLE EAST

Not only has the Jamiroquai frontman sold over 21 million records worldwide, he’s also conquered America, lives in a gorgeous country mansion with an organic vegetable garden, and owns an enviable fleet of 18 cars including a Ferrari Enzo. Getting gorgeous women is never a problem (past girlfriends include Winona Ryder and Denise Van Outen) – life is good for the 39-year-old enviromentally-conscious musician.

On the eve of Jamiroquai’s arrival in Abu Dhabi, where the band will perform on Yas Island as part of the F1 celebrations, the lead singer (aka Jason Kay) talks exclusively to OK! Middle East about fame, what type of girl he’s attracted to and whether he wants to become a father...

OK: Who are you backing to win the Abu Dhabi F1?
Jenson Button - It’s great to see the British drivers doing so well again after quite a long dry spell – I think Lewis Hamilton changed all that.

OK: You put on an amazing performance while you were in Dubai. What did you think of the city and what are you most looking forward to in Abu Dhabi?
It’s a brilliant city. The people are really hospitable and there was a great party atmosphere at the gig. I’m looking forward to more of the same to be honest.

OK: Men and women in the UAE love fast cars. How did you react when a pastry chef smashed up your Ferrari Enzo earlier this year?
I wasn’t exactly over the moon about it. I think the guy had issues! .

OK: You once likened your personality to your Ferrari, saying you are ‘dark and a bit nasty’. How would you describe yourself these days?
Pretty much the same – I guess there’s a bit of mellowing that comes with age but saying that I’ve still got some edge!

OK: Do you still own your first BMW car?
I actually sold it then bought it back a few years ago as it has sentimental value and I still drive it sometimes

OK: What can we expect on your next album?
I’ve taken my time with the new album and I’m really happy with the results so far – its another step in the natural evolution of Jamiroquai. Some of the material on there may surprise a few people. It’ll be out next year.

OK: You’re turning 40 later this year, how do you think you’ll celebrate?
I haven’t decided yet. It will be one of two extremes I’ll either have a really quiet one or a massive party – I’ve had a few good bashes at home so I’ll have to think about how to beat them.

OK: Does ageing scare you or are you looking forward to it?
It doesn’t scare me at all. Actually with age comes experience!

OK: What does your grooming regime involve?
Nothing out of the ordinary – all the usual male stuff.

OK: Do you want children one day?
I’d love to have kids one day, yes.

OK: How many times have you been in love?
Not many times, perhaps two or three times.

OK: What attracts you to a woman?
Physical attraction is obviously really important but the girls I like are those who are glamorous yet also down-to-earth and can be a good laugh. They have to be as happy in a tent in a field as at a glitzy premiere!

OK: You once told a reporter: ‘Going out with a celebrity is hassle.’ Do you prefer being with a girl who isn’t famous or fame hungry?
There’s definitely less pressure attached to going out with someone who isn’t in the public eye.

OK: Which celebrities do you count as friends?
I hate the term celebrity. What does it mean these days? A few of my friends are well-known and they know who they are, but friends are friends it makes no difference whether they are perceived ‘celebrities’ or not.

OK: From your own experience, what are the downsides of fame?
I think sometimes lack of privacy and anonymity gets too much. Fame is a by-product of what I do, its definitely not something I seek out. Unlike some people I don’t like my life to be an open book for the media.

OK: What are your passions besides music?
I learnt to fly a helicopter which has been a big obsession alongside the obvious cars, which everyone knows by now!

OK: When are you at your happiest?
On an open road behind the steering wheel of a car probably. I’ve had my moments on stage too.

OK: What was it like performing at the Kuala Lumpur Grand Prix – did it make you really want to do it again in Abu Dhabi?
It was amazing and I can’t wait to do it again in Abu Dhabi. See you all there!

Jamiroquai will perform on Friday 30th October as part of the F1 Yasalam After-Race Concerts on Yas Island

Source: http://www.godubai.com/ok/article.asp?aid=1

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby caroli on Fri Oct 30, 2009 12:30 pm

Ahahahaha! Poor J, your age is killing you softly! :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby samantha1170 on Sun Nov 01, 2009 12:28 pm

A photo from Dubai...

SAMANTHA
samantha1170

Postby Julia_ on Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:37 am

with a lot of badges ... hahahahhaa lol

Julia_
Supersonic

Postby Gemini4861 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:24 pm

It was the hottest concert and It was the best concert!
Attachments
P10001332009.JPG
P10001332009.JPG (24.65 KiB) Viewed 6695 times
Gemini4861

Postby Gemini4861 on Thu Nov 05, 2009 3:32 pm

what found!
Attachments
P10001432009.JPG
P10001432009.JPG (23.73 KiB) Viewed 6694 times
Gemini4861