Home
Jamiroquai

Jamily Fashion Threads

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: Jamily Fashion Threads

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:34 pm

the mary janes are not easy to walk on. Took me a while to get it down and I walk on heels a lot. the plateau is not complete, which makes you walk like a geisha, otherwise you tip over
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:43 pm

Find the Fluevog very plump...they have something artistic, but it states nowhere what they are made of or where they are made, so I would never buy them
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:45 pm

StormeyG wrote: I used to wear mary janes from Dc Martin under my business suits.

Docs are cool but my long skinny legs look a little freakish in them........I am more of a "Vans" girl and will wear them with my nurses uniform! I can totally see you in these shoes.........and I bet the guys like them... :wink:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:52 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:
StormeyG wrote: I used to wear mary janes from Dc Martin under my business suits.

Docs are cool but my long skinny legs look a little freakish in them........I am more of a "Vans" girl and will wear them with my nurses uniform! I can totally see you in these shoes.........and I bet the guys like them... :wink:

I was told by my best male friend, that guys don't care what kinda shoes you wear...so he got me to buy flats, which I never wear. found out later on, why he was not interrested in my shoes....told me he and his girl where seperated, but 2 weeks later found out that she was pregnant and it was not a mistake! men :roll:

Vans are my favorites! I've been walking on the old skool boys style since I was 14. My brother thinks I am weird, because I alway buy black ones, but for a High heel girl it is a big thing. Love love love my Vans..they fit like socks or slippers!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Jazzhole on Sun Feb 05, 2012 12:22 am

@StormeyG, personaly i do care about the shoes a women wears, i mean, it's not on the top 3 of stuff i look for in a woman, obviously, but some fashion shoes, specially heels that transmit a nice femenine energy are great. Vans are great tho i prefer to see shoes, not sneakers, on a woman but it mainly depends on her style and if a woman feels confortable with her clothes then she'll transmit that all the way. Actually, feeling confortable in your clothes is 70% of style in my opinion.

by the way, what are your fashion rules, guys?

mine:

- Never combine more then 3 colours except if they contrast really well. You don't want to look like a christmas tree.
- Always be aware of your "main piece" and of your "support pieces". The main piece is your show piece, the cloth that people will notice first. Like your jacket, your scarff. The eye can't be occupied with many pieces at the same time. The support piece it's just the rest of the clothes... your jeans and all that... anything that don't take much attention.
- Fit clothes. Always. Show you are confortable with your body. Unless you're fat or something or just too skinny or so...
- Express a little bit of yourself. Like i said, feeling confortable in your clothes is a must. Expressing a little bit of you is a way to do this. I wear adidas because Jay Kay wears adidas for example.
- Fashion doesn't mean style, but it doesn't arm to get a little bit of the current fashion and a little bit of inspiration from celebreties too.
Jazzhole
Supersonic

Postby curse_t_70 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 1:51 am

It is all about balance form me ...if you are going to be daring on top be conservative on the bottom....Mini skirt on the bottom paired with baggier style blouse/sweater on top......likewise a revealing top should be paired with pants. Otherwise you look a little..... how you say??? slutty?
Oh. and no mom jeans :lol:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:44 am

I like to look a little different than the crowd. I do not want to fit in and I think it is important that a woman dresses nice. So jeans and tshirts with sneakers everyday is not my thing. I'd feel like a slob. But I do realize that for other people this is everyday style.

with my high heels I have to watch out that I don't look to slutty, so I have adopted the vintage style. dresses mostly, with little knitted bolereos, flowers in hair and a vintage hairdo. Bought a book to learn how to make those hairdo's. Not easy I might add.
I buy most of my dresses here http://topvintage.nl/nl/kleding/jurken they have amazing fifties bikinis and bathingsuits that I am so going to buy this summer http://topvintage.nl/nl/kleding/badmode
when I go to concerts I bring out the skinny jeans with over the knee boots and tshirst with jackets...I can't stand still on heels for very long, so thats when the jeans come in. But being very curvy I still think I look better in a dress
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 7:10 pm

Jazzhole wrote: by the way, what are your fashion rules, guys?

Guys, guys? where are you?

Jazzhole wrote: Never combine more then 3 colours except if they contrast really well. You don't want to look like a christmas tree.

:lol:
@ Stormey, -cute stuff in vintage! Some of that stuff is very cute!

I agree, at most 3 colors at a time (excluding shoes). If there is a print, (a lined pants), then a plain top.
I'm not big on prints, and I know that is the upcoming trend.
I'm simple. Everyday wear -Jeans & short or long sleeved t-shirt.
Work - pants and cotton thin sweaters, skirts and dress tanks. But everything at this age is fitted. (not like in the 80's) :lol:
And tennis shoes are fitted, (sketchers, not adidas), black boots in short or tall, ballet flats, and one shoe like a clog.
My style has really not much to do with any celebrity!
But one thing I always have on, a fitted undertank. :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:14 pm

Some sexy stuff for sure Stormey and yes you need curves to make this look work to your advantage....my curves are a little more suttle :wink: but I like this dress, simple and classysome might say boring but it's all about how sexy you feel in it...olive green is one of my favourite colours....and I love the red shoes and rose ring....
Image[/img]
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:20 pm

I used to be a Goth, so I never did color..just black. Now my favorite shop is happy if I drop by, because I am like a kid in a candystore. Never leave untill I got the outfit all done. I need shoes, bag and neckless before I leave.
My favorite colors are bright red ( to go with the lipstick ) purple and electric green or grass green. I mix those together aswell. Unfortunately the dress is no longer on the website, but I got this purple dress that I mix with electric green bag and neckless and a black vest.
I have to many pairs of red heels..love those!

oeh and black and white polka dots..love those too! mixed with red or yellow!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sun Feb 05, 2012 9:29 pm

@curse_t That dress would look amazing on you! they sell the dress in America, don't know about Canada though. just google Heartbreaker Fashion Super Spy dress olive.
the website has to many beautiful dresses...if I only had a big bankaccount!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Sun Feb 05, 2012 11:52 pm

Lovely shoes Stormey! I have a pair similar to your black sequin heels, except mine have a silver heel. I've only worn them a few times though (to formal parties). I generally live in flip-flops or ballet flats due to the day-to-day running around I have to do as a mum!

My favourite flip-flops:
http://www.havaianasaustralia.com.au/001_Havaianas/002_Womens/pl.php
If you scroll down the page, I have 2 pairs of the "Slim Crystal" in grey and black (they feature a swarovski crystal on the straps) and also 1 pair of the "Metal Logo" in black with silver metal logo. :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:08 pm

Giba7 wrote:I agree, at most 3 colors at a time

Yes, I agree. I usually only wear 2 colours that go together, 3 at most!

Giba7 wrote:But one thing I always have on, a fitted undertank. :wink:

Me too! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:07 pm

I am wearing a Jamiroquai green blouse with a purple top underneath. I feel very Jamiroquai today :mrgreen:

It's not as bright as on the picture..it has a hint of Olive in it.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:17 pm

CosmicLea wrote:Lovely shoes Stormey! I have a pair similar to your black sequin heels, except mine have a silver heel. I've only worn them a few times though (to formal parties). I generally live in flip-flops or ballet flats due to the day-to-day running around I have to do as a mum!

My favourite flip-flops:
http://www.havaianasaustralia.com.au/001_Havaianas/002_Womens/pl.php
If you scroll down the page, I have 2 pairs of the "Slim Crystal" in grey and black (they feature a swarovski crystal on the straps) and also 1 pair of the "Metal Logo" in black with silver metal logo. :D

I love flip-flops, but unfortunately I only get to wear them when I am on vacation. The Dutch weather isn't made for Flip-flops. I have Roxy's that I love.

just had my nails done
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:25 pm

@Stormey -that is definitely Jamiroquai Green! :mrgreen: Awesome color, but the olive may be easier to pull off!
I love the flip-flops! And your feet look great! Isn't it winter there? :o It looks like you're on an island!
I'll be posting some shoes soon!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:59 pm

@giba ...still freezing out here! -20 last night (-8 F), but the flip-flop picture was made in my brothers backyard. He's from south California, so not a new picture.

I love Jamiroquai Green, just didn't know that it was called JMQ green :mrgreen:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:58 am

@Stormey - your flip-flops are so cute!

I love the Roxy heart emblem, I have a black t-shirt and hoodie with the emblem on the front in hot pink!
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 4:10 pm

StormeyG wrote:I love Jamiroquai Green, just didn't know that it was called JMQ green :mrgreen:

I just discovered the term! I think it was just in that article -just near that architecture picture!
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/moslive ... n-you.html
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 08, 2012 6:56 pm

Oooh! Look what I found! a website for GFranco dance shoes!
http://www.gfrancodanceshoes.com/category_s/33.htm
I think I like every pair, but my favorites are New York & South Beach!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:00 pm

Giba7 wrote:Oooh! Look what I found! a website for GFranco dance shoes!
http://www.gfrancodanceshoes.com/category_s/33.htm
I think I like every pair, but my favorites are New York & South Beach!

Sweeeeet....I threw out my danceshoes, because the heel kept falling off. But I would love a pair of Wild or Diva...love them. Need a new salsa partner too! guess I broke him too :wink:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 5:51 am

StormeyG wrote: Need a new salsa partner too! guess I broke him too :wink:

:lol: Salsa is fun!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Thu Feb 09, 2012 8:48 am

Giba7 wrote:
StormeyG wrote: Need a new salsa partner too! guess I broke him too :wink:

:lol: Salsa is fun!

I know, but it is hard to find a partner. Really, guys usually tell me that real men don't dance. Can't get them to come if I tell them, they will be in any ladies top 1 if they can dance....what the H is wrong with guys nowadays???
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 09, 2012 3:50 pm

StormeyG wrote:I know, but it is hard to find a partner. Really, guys usually tell me that real men don't dance. Can't get them to come if I tell them, they will be in any ladies top 1 if they can dance....what the H is wrong with guys nowadays???

Different parts of the world the men dance, in the Latin countries the men dance!
But we used to have a couple of swing clubs here too, and there were a few good dancers! Maybe just a handful! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Fri Feb 10, 2012 1:32 pm

At my house everyone took Latin Dances and Classical Dances.. I took also an extra: Sevillanas.. we REALLY love to dance :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat