Home
Jamiroquai

Jamily Fashion Threads

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: Jamily Fashion Threads

Postby Giba7 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:34 pm

@ Stormey - love it! The blue is very Cosmic! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:47 pm

Yeah, great cosmic blue... and I like your blue nailpolish too... I wanted almost the same... a little lighter than it... I'll show you if I buy it! :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby CosmicLea on Wed Apr 25, 2012 10:58 pm

@ Stormey - very nice dress and cosmic blue top! :D

@ Curse_t - I replied to your post about pandora bracelets on the previous page! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Apr 26, 2012 11:30 pm

@ CosmicLea......I did see your post on the Pandora bracelets but I did a double shift yesterday so.... no time to post. The necklace your friend has is very lovely and dainty. Looks like it would go with a lot of outfits......I remember a fashion rule my Scottish nana told me.........always where black or white and you'll never go wrong. She was very classy and conservative......and in 1940ish she was crowned MISS SHE Scotland.....and invited to meet some hollywood producer. I don't think her parents let her go.....She was very much like Elizabeth Taylor and even when she was in her 50s (I was 10) I remember men would make a fuss over her.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Apr 27, 2012 12:04 am

:shock: Double shift - you poor thing, you must be tired. :(
The store where I go for Pandora jewellery is sending me a $20 birthday voucher (hopefully today, they sent it late) and I don't know what I will get! (I'll be pooling the voucher with money I got for my birthday! :wink: )

Your nana did sound very classy Curse_t and gave good advice! She was right, you can never go wrong with black and white. My nana was a stylish lady too, she wore red lipstick every day and it really suited her. (It doesn't suit me though!) :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Fri Apr 27, 2012 6:14 am

I look awfull in white.....black works very well for me.

Okey..packing my bag for Berlin was tough! I cannot walk on flat shoes, but running through a big city on heels is gonna kill my feet within a couple of hours. The only flat shoes I can get around on are my Vans, but I just have skinny jeans and skinny pants and that aint pretty. Dresses have to stay at home. So I am going to look strange this weekend 8) On top of that it is going to be hot! I am from a very cold place, so don't know how to dress for sun....silly me.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 5:43 pm

Have fun on Berlin. Sounds like you'll have to pick up some lighter clothing. Window shopping!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Apr 27, 2012 11:28 pm

Bon Voyage Stormey.!!!.........have fun with the girls in Berlin.........what do your Vans look like?.......mine are black and white Koi fish... 8)
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:41 am

I thought Vans go with skinny jeans :wink:
you can Rock it girl
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:07 am

So ......ComicLea......what did ya get with your Bday gift certif??
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:48 am

Giba7 wrote:I thought Vans go with skinny jeans :wink:
you can Rock it girl

Yep... I saw a lot fashionistas wearing big shoes like Vans with skinny jeans...

@Stormey... clothes don't matter, just have fun with your friends! And good for you it's gonna be sunny & hot! Sun is good for health! I just turn my head right and... grey sky... looks like rain... :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Apr 28, 2012 2:43 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:So ......ComicLea......what did ya get with your Bday gift certif??
I went shopping today and I couldn't resist getting another Pandora bracelet - but it's a different one:
http://www.pandora.net/en-au/explore/au_mothersday_2012
It was a good offer, getting the bracelet for free! If you click on the link to have a look at the bracelet and clips, mine will be based on the "Pandora and Pearls" bracelet. I got 2 of the hanging pearl clips and the round clear cz clip which is in the middle. It fits 5 clip beads, I'll get the other 2 later (probably not till Christmas!)

I also got a new pair of boots:
http://www.lipstikshoes.com/hers/boots/chicago-black-damskin :mrgreen:
Only paid $36 for them though, 30% off and had a store voucher as well! I'm loving the wedges at the moment - very comfortable!

What did you get for your birthday Curse_t? Any more Pandora beads? :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:25 pm

I like the Chicago wedge heel boot!
Great deal on the Pandora! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Sun Apr 29, 2012 11:53 pm

Giba7 wrote:I like the Chicago wedge heel boot!
Great deal on the Pandora! :mrgreen:
Thanx! :D

I wore the boots all day yesterday (Sunday) and didn't get sore feet! (Like I usually do when I wear heels!) :mrgreen:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue May 01, 2012 5:07 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:Bon Voyage Stormey.!!!.........have fun with the girls in Berlin.........what do your Vans look like?.......mine are black and white Koi fish... 8)

oeh...I love those. Unfortunately, my feed don't fit in those kind of Vans. The price I have to pay for walking on heels day in day out is a very weird formed instep ( the upper part of my foot)

I think you have these

I just love these!

I've been buying and wearing these ever since I was 14. My brother thinks I am boring and I should buy another style or color, but I just love my old skool babies!

Got this shirt in Berlin. I wanted something is this color for a while. I just don't wear it like a shy puppy, like the manequin lady. What is that with fashion photo's nowaday? Does the fashion industry really think our shoulders are hanging forwards???

StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue May 01, 2012 9:44 pm

awesome blouse! I would definitely wear this!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed May 02, 2012 2:28 pm

Like a shy puppy ? :lol:
StormeyG wrote:What is that with fashion photo's nowaday? Does the fashion industry really think our shoulders are hanging forwards???

:lol: Something reassuring: almost all pics we can see are photoshoped... I like the color of the shirt!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Wed May 02, 2012 5:38 pm

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:Like a shy puppy ?

What's wrong with shy puppys?.......@ least I am not a shy dog and I do like the top..very billowy, I'd wear it but probably not in the mint colour.

StormeyG wrote:I think you have these
Those are mine!!...my great toe is playing peekabo in mine though :oops: I plan to get another pair of the same as they go with a lot of my clothes. and love your old skool vans too.....
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Wed May 02, 2012 6:07 pm

@Curse_T Vans are just like slippers...you have to wear them until you look like a hobo, that's when they are the best! Unfortunately they don't have pretty once here like yours.
When I was a kid I had a paperround, just to design my own Vans and order them in the US. I don't think you can do that anymore. They used to have a book at the skate store with samples and I would pick my own shoes. That was so cool!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed May 02, 2012 10:10 pm

I think the mannequin model is more casual, not posed (maybe this explains the shoulders thing.)
Vans, apperantly are not my style! :lol: :oops:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Thu May 03, 2012 6:31 am

this model is okey, but I remember flipping through bridal magazines with my sister and all the ladies had there shoulders unnaturaly scooped forward with a weird rounded upperback...we ended up not looking at the magazines anymore, because the look of the shoulders and back made me sick to my stomage. How in the world do we walk or stand like that, without seriously needing therapy for your back after that??
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri May 04, 2012 4:58 am

I know what you mean. The one day you should definitely have your shoulders back would be your wedding day! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Fri May 04, 2012 6:46 pm

So something I like are these cute accessories of flowers, all have a clip for the hair, some also double up and have a pin for the shirt/dress! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri May 04, 2012 7:00 pm

Oh that's cuuuute... I'm precisely looking for something like that... (light pink or beige)
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Fri May 04, 2012 8:26 pm

I wear flowers in my hair almost everyday..love them!
If you have an H&M nearby, they have realy cheap ones!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat