Home
Jamiroquai

Jamily Fashion Threads

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Jamily Fashion Threads

Postby Giba7 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:48 pm

don't have time to post my own finds! But the thread is started! :mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Re: Jamily Fashion Threads

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Feb 01, 2012 5:00 pm

Uhuuu!! Now you can post a pic of your boots Caroli! This thread will certainly change the world of fashion... some day! :D
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 1:29 am

Okay, I'll get this jam started...Here is that Medium Space Cowboy shirt that should have been a large. And my favourite everyday boots.
[img][IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/curse_t_70/IMGP2551.jpg[/img]Image
[img][IMG]http://i1229.photobucket.com/albums/ee468/curse_t_70/IMGP2539.jpg[/img]Image
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby CosmicLea on Thu Feb 02, 2012 5:04 am

Awesome photos Curse_t!

I want that t-shirt too! Is it the Rhinestone Space Cowboy one? I checked the store and they still have it. Never bought anything over the internet before ( :shock:, I know) so I think now is the time to start! :D
Btw, the size looks perfect on you.

And I love your boots - they look very fitting for the Canadian winter! :wink:

Oh, and I absolutely love your bracelet/bangle too! :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:25 am

Loved that shirt, but ended up giving it to my friend. I could just get my boobs in the shirt and then there was nothing left of it.
Why do the fashion people always forget, that girls have curves?? It's what makes us girls!

But the shirt looks perfect on you! Wish I was a size large like you :mrgreen:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Feb 02, 2012 7:59 pm

Nice boots Curse_t! -hey, I've got that shirt (rhinestone) and it rides up on me!
And if you look at the sizing, for the girls sizes, a small is 8-10 INCHES! :lol:
I think they meant that was the size! (but more like a 2/4)
And went to buy a $22 shirt and $10 keyring, with the exchange and shipping, it was $74! :shock:
So I took off the keyring :cry: and only got the shirt for $40 something. The white RDLS

Here are my Leopard prints!
and my Sheer black top
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Thu Feb 02, 2012 11:34 pm

I'll have to post my awesome boots here! My 2 new pairs will drive you nuts :lol: I know they will cause they drove ME nuts! :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:00 am

CosmicLea wrote:I want that t-shirt too! Is it the Rhinestone Space Cowboy one? I checked the store and they still have it. Never bought anything over the internet before ( , I know) so I think now is the time to start!

I would suggest a larger size than you think......but I was very happy with the quality...I have worn it lots and washed it tons and still feels and looks great.
CosmicLea wrote:Oh, and I absolutely love your bracelet/bangle too!

I got that off of ebay ..it is a pewter, mid century designed piece made in Norway.....Swedish by design. I don't wear a lot of jewlery but when I do I like the boulder pieces especially on my long arms HintIf you have never bought on line I would suggest Paypal, it is safe
Giba7 wrote:hey, I've got that shirt (rhinestone) and it rides up on me!
Yes, me too... my love handles/ back fat pop out and that is why I wish I got a largeand why I am eating more veggie mousse :wink:
Giba7 wrote:Here are my Leopard prints!

Luv the leopard stuff.........I envy people that can wear it ....but for some reason I feel like a Cougar when I wear it.... :lol: I used to wear it in my early 20s. I love those 40s style coats much like the one you posted.....I can see they would look great on you being so petite. You remind me of heather locklear :wink:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:36 am

Cougar! Mrraaooww!
Heather Locklear -I wish. And so 80's! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 am

@Giba - I love your leopard print clothes!
And the black sheer top looks lovely on you! Mine is a short-sleeve t-shirt style.

curse_t_70 wrote:I would suggest a larger size than you think......but I was very happy with the quality...I have worn it lots and washed it tons and still feels and looks great.
Hint If you have never bought on line I would suggest Paypal, it is safe
You remind me of heather locklear :wink:

Thanks, I think a medium should be okay then because I'm short!
Thanks also for the Paypal advice, I will do that and let you know when I buy it!
Yes, Giba, you remind me of Heather Locklear there too!

I had a lovely shopping afternoon with my daughter yesterday and bought a very cute pair of sandals for myself (remember, it's summer here!). I found a picture, but mine are black patent, not gold:
http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.292608144095595.70414.141443649212046&type=3
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:41 am

Giba7 wrote:Heather Locklear -I wish. And so 80's!

I used to watch her in the late 90's.....Melrose place...she played a good bitch!
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 12:46 am

CosmicLea wrote: a very cute pair of sandals

Very sweet sandles....I'd wear them...I just hate my feet :? but it must be nice to have girls to shop with I only have boys Not that I'm complaining of course. :wink:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:18 pm

@ Curse_t -Yes -I love the black ones! Simple (and shiny) sounds nice! and is that beading? :mrgreen:
(the gold ones aren't my style!)
Curse_t wrote: but it must be nice to have girls to shop with I only have boys Not that I'm complaining of course.

Um, I have an 11 year old girl. Horrible. Thought shopping would be fun. No fun at all! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Feb 04, 2012 12:52 am

Giba7 wrote:Yes -I love the black ones! Simple (and shiny) sounds nice! and is that beading? :mrgreen:
(the gold ones aren't my style!)

Oh no Giba, my new sandals are the gold style but in black patent! :lol: I wish I found the right picture, they really are very cute! Nicer than the gold ones, they have black jewels with tiny diamantes around them. I already have a pair similar to the black flip-flops in the pic and wanted a casual pair of sandals that were just that bit dressier than the flip-flop style. They look nice on! :wink:

Giba7 wrote:
Curse_t wrote: but it must be nice to have girls to shop with I only have boys Not that I'm complaining of course.

Um, I have an 11 year old girl. Horrible. Thought shopping would be fun. No fun at all! :lol:

My daughter recently turned 13. Shopping with her has only become more enjoyable over the past year! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:01 am

CosmicLea wrote:My daughter recently turned 13. Shopping with her has only become more enjoyable over the past year!

Ahh...your little girl is growing up.....enjoy every moment.....@ 13 I was finally aloud to pierce my ears! and only clear nail polish up until then! :?

@CosmicLea.....post a pic...your feet don't have to be in them..right? :)
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 3:22 am

:oops: oh, well I'm sure they're nicer in black! :lol:
I actually have trouble wearing flat shoes!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:27 pm

Yes, they are! :lol:

curse_t_70 wrote:Ahh...your little girl is growing up.....enjoy every moment.....@ 13 I was finally aloud to pierce my ears! and only clear nail polish up until then! :?

Yes, she is growing up - it goes too fast. :( She's taller than me now and has a bigger shoe size (and lets me know every day!) :lol:

curse_t_70 wrote:@CosmicLea.....post a pic...your feet don't have to be in them..right? :)

:lol: I'm happy to post a pic with my feet in them! But then I would need a Photobucket account, right? Would it show up on the family computer if I've downloaded photos to Photobucket? :oops: :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Sat Feb 04, 2012 1:34 pm

I actually bought another pair of black sandals with a wedge heel last weekend:
http://www.betts.com.au/Catalogue/Wedge_shoes_heels/15746/DARCEYB.aspx

Two pairs of black sandals in one week - yes, I'll admit I do have a slight addiction to shoes! (Like so many of us girls do!) :oops: :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 4:46 pm

CosmicLea wrote:Two pairs of black sandals in one week - yes, I'll admit I do have a slight addiction to shoes! (Like so many of us girls do!) :oops: :lol:

me too! :oops:
but you have to justify if you need a new pair, or if they are on sale! :wink:

a Photobucket account is a virtual account. As long as you don't create an Icon for it, I think the account won't be found on your computer, and also you have a passcode. For the photobucket account, if you put your last name in, it will show up on your links. Use a nickname.

I-tunes is also a virtual account, yet you probably have an Icon. If your computer crashes, you can still access it from another computer. (I think this is true)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:10 pm

CosmicLea wrote:I actually bought another pair of black sandals with a wedge heel last weekend:
http://www.betts.com.au/Catalogue/Wedge_shoes_heels/15746/DARCEYB.aspx

Two pairs of black sandals in one week - yes, I'll admit I do have a slight addiction to shoes! (Like so many of us girls do!) :oops: :lol:

:lol: :lol: Dear, dear little Becky! :wink:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 6:49 pm

I loveeeeee shoes! I'm a high heel kinda girl. Dont have many flat shoes. These are my everyday shoes, but they unfortunetely don't work very well in snow :(

skulls and roses

these I wear so often, the sequins are almost all gone on the insite

roses, skulls and splashes

these hurt me a bit...so sad

okey, now I feel like shopping. Stormey needs a new pair of shoes!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 10:28 pm

Whoa! Cool shoes! So unique! :D
I'm too simple. I think the only ones that would work for me are those black Maryjanes!:P
I want those! What brand? What name? I'll google!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:04 pm

they are from Iron Fist a San Diego brand that is against animal cruelty. So no leather and nog sweaty paws either :mrgreen:
5 inches high, but very sturdy..I do 3 hour shows on them, without tripping or anything

except from the black mary janes. got those here in the netherlands..only 20 euro's ..super cheap and super stylish!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:25 pm

StormeyG wrote:okey, now I feel like shopping. Stormey needs a new pair of shoes!

Have you heard of Fluevog shoes...I used to make a trip to Vancouver just to go to this store. Check out their website they have really funky /weird shoes. In my 20s I used to wear these really "psycho" pointy shoes with buckles that they used to make. I warn you they are really pricey! But you might find some cool stage shoes. :wink:

I agree with Giba...the mary janes are cool...the rest are so beautiful to look @ but I couldn't pull off the look :(
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sat Feb 04, 2012 11:32 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:
StormeyG wrote:okey, now I feel like shopping. Stormey needs a new pair of shoes!

Have you heard of Fluevog shoes...I used to make a trip to Vancouver just to go to this store. Check out their website they have really funky /weird shoes. In my 20s I used to wear these really "psycho" pointy shoes with buckles that they used to make. I warn you they are really pricey! But you might find some cool stage shoes. :wink:

I agree with Giba...the mary janes are cool...the rest are so beautiful to look @ but I couldn't pull off the look :(

checking out the fluevogs as I\m typing.

There is no look to pull of..I wear them to the office. I can remain being me in an office suit. Most people love my shoes, untill I point out the skulls. Now everyonw wants to see what I am wearing! Before I became a veggie I used to wear mary janes from Dc Martin under my business suits.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Next

Return to Everyday Chat