Home
Jamiroquai

How do you feel right now?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: How do you feel right now?

Postby Giba7 on Sat Sep 06, 2014 3:32 pm

good for you Eltouffe!
sounds like a great place -follow your dreams.
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Fri Sep 12, 2014 7:25 pm

ElTouffoDrum wrote:Musicology at Rennes, the greatest city in France for students :p
What studies are you doing Lisa?

Biology! :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby joliefille on Sun Sep 14, 2014 7:46 pm

r.i.p. Joe Sample - his piano playing accompanied me through studying and writing papers in university. :-(

Congrats to all the students here. I majored in history & political science - I have my Masters degree now; however the learning never stops.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Sep 16, 2014 6:28 pm

oh he was good :( so sad to see another musician pass.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Wed Sep 17, 2014 12:19 am

I agree - joe sample murdered - in a good way - the piano. Love his stuff since I was a kid.

You know it's sad - his passing but also we (or his fans) were blessed he gave of us the gift of the music in his mind. I mean what a thing to share with the world. To have the courage to put stuff out there - beautiful stuff - that still will be criticized or subject to haters.

But it's the chance all artists/writers take.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Sep 28, 2014 5:05 pm

Had a great time at a wedding last night. A guy at our table asked who wanted to smoke with him, because he never used to smoke. Then he offered us shots, because he never used to drink.
He was the star on the dance floor, explaining he'd had 2 hip replacements (55 years old). He took videos of the party of us dancing and announced we were all on FB.

He literally carried a cup of tequila in his hand, the entire night, pushing it onto us (the girls mainly) on the dancefloor.
He was a little over the top, quite literally he was obnoxious. (I made sure he wasn't driving) But we all had the Best time (at least more than the bride & groom!) :lol: :lol:

And I'd found out through someone else, he'd lost one of his children, I assume in the past few years.
So You don't know what someone is going through. The greatest loss someone can have is to lose a child.
Don't judge people, we can never fully understand. Just enjoy people. :wink:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Fri Oct 03, 2014 5:39 pm

A friend (who's a great drummer) just start studying in london, in the greatest drum's school (drumtech)... In two weeks he will receive a masterclass of rythm section of the band we all celebrate on this website, if you know what i mean..

I feel so happy that he follow his dreams but i'm dying of jealousy for the two hours of masterclass he will receive :evil:
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Sun Oct 26, 2014 6:13 pm

Relaxed but feeling dread and procrastinating. At the Ritz in San Francisco but need to check out and catch a flight at SFO. But I love hotel life - especially this one - and could stay here for at least a week. But I can't miss my flight.

(sorry, this is irrelevant and boring but I use the forum to get out my thoughts that I do not say out loud :-) Hope everyone else is well.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 3:56 am

saw this silly movie today "John Wick" ft. Keanu Reeves.
very violent -based on an assassin whose '69 mustang and dog are taken and he must get even.

But I did get a kick out of the club scene, with the gun shooting. And the nice suit :mrgreen:
the music and imagery(?) was well-done, and some quotes will be famous.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sun Nov 09, 2014 4:16 am

Oh boy @ Giba - considered seeing JW but passed thankfully I know now.

Saw "Interstellar "- which was interesting because pretty much all the books I have read recently have said the what's in the film - verbatim. I mean I could pull out the book I finished this past Thursday - and the film quotes passages from the book. Strange.

(Looking forward to seeing Stevie this month :-) Yeah! Seeing Judas Priest Monday, which shall be interesting given that I do not know one of their songs - geez, my life.)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Nov 09, 2014 10:52 pm

Interstellar looks good -but I'll be laughing thinking of Matthew Mcconaughey driving that Lincoln the whole time :lol: :lol: :lol:

I hate that I put in words gossip on Stevie Wonder! It literally came onto my social media without searching -Maybe Billboard on FB talked about his baby stuff. I can't find my post to delete it!

But I did read this Songs in the Key of Life Tour has a good purpose, or message... to people.
something...Stevie is out to teach us, tonight.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Mon Nov 10, 2014 12:57 am

Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Fri Nov 28, 2014 3:53 am

The Ferguson riots are very unfortunate, and will probably set back a part of society.
I think The riots of Ferguson will have negative consequences for their city, and other aspects.

I was happy Detroit remained peaceful. Detroit has a history of riots from 1967, which after all these years had resulted in a recent bankruptcy of the city. When the people left, the money (residences, businesses, taxes) leave. When the money leaves, the city deteriorates. But Detroit has been working hard to rebound, after nearly 50 years.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Mon Dec 15, 2014 4:36 am

In the world of people, we are meant to be meek, and not intrude on someone's space.
Be neutral. Don't judge. Have empathy.
This is respect for others.
Don't intrude on someone's style, mannerisms, thoughts, expressions, knowledge, culture...

only once they've let you in, can you cross that line.
but still give respect.

Be meek, but use your voice when necessary.
Everybody has the same capacity to feel the same things.
All people.

When you give respect, you deserve respect. This creates Peace.
The problems in the world is when people feel the rules only apply to people less than them.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ErinUSA on Wed Dec 17, 2014 6:45 pm

Nicely said...Giba!!
ErinUSA

Postby Giba7 on Mon Feb 09, 2015 11:57 pm

:lol: I just saw what Kanye pulled at the Grammy's!
he said "Beck needs to respect artistry and he should've given his award to Beyonce'.
what an asshole!! I mean, Kanye was probably in diapers when Beck hit big. who tf does he think he is?

these people with their egos. I can barely take them and their judgments.
it's too bad Beyonce' just can't win her awards on her own.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Mar 31, 2015 5:17 pm

Chaka Khan interview has her discussing drugs, (and Whitney's daughter)

“I call myself an ex-addict. For years I was having fun and it all made fun more fun for me. But life changes...
"As entertainers, we are highly sensitive people and there’s no way things can’t get to you. But you have to find ways to protect yourself from that crap."

gotta love Chaka Khan!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Thu Apr 16, 2015 3:28 am

:lol: :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue May 12, 2015 4:15 pm

We have had a beautiful spring with summer-like weather! We've had many days already in the 80's which is perfect!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Mon Jun 08, 2015 1:44 pm

ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:38 pm

I've been having moments that seem like happy dreams! :mrgreen:
(It's always nice when your dreams are happy too).

glad to see things happening here again!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jun 25, 2015 2:07 am

I've been here for quite a while, it's kinda funny! I didn't mean to be.
The Jamirotalk page is sorta the nerdy side (no offense meant) of Jami fans. Knowing specific performances or owning rare cd's/albums. But a true fanbase hang out there!
The Funkin page is a little slow because not much going on for news.
This forum is the original page? I dunno.

So I just post songs here. Like Sister Sledge. Heard it on Sirius 54 today, linked to Nile Rodgers.
my Twitter page doesn't want music, so I have to dump it somewhere.
:lol:
what, do I have to post only Jamiroquai?

I just heard of a Silent Disco today -totally cool! they described the blue headphones like this, jump ahead to 7:30. You can only hear the music in the headphones and you dance!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESuYYcEvuC8
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:36 pm

@Giba - hey yes those silent disco/raves have been going on in Europe for the past few years. Cool, unique concept. I think I first heard of them going on in France. I think it is great for disco/raves that might get shut down because of noise disturbance reasons in close quarters. Yet, I still prefer loud ass music and hearing it together with others and shaking my ass with others. It is communal. For me, headphones are for the gym or other boring exercises (or drowning out others when I am moody) -lol

Current Emotional State: blissful :-)

@Giba post on girl, post on . . . keep Jam's site alive. What's the deal with reddit?
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Aug 01, 2015 8:44 pm

I just read that Cecil's brother, Jericho was shot and killed today.
Both lions dead.
This sickens me so much I can't explain.
It's not just 2 cats dead. Its the cubs he was protecting.
People think a sport is more important, or another life is not important.
Who's playing God?

I don't give a sh*t about Reddit
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:00 pm

Strange - I actually read that Jericho is alive and moving about or probably mating. The reports of his death were a rumor (according to the media.) @Giba you may want to check out the updates.
joliefille
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat