Home
Jamiroquai

How do you feel right now?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: How do you feel right now?

Postby joliefille on Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:58 pm

@Giba 7 - I think there is some truth to male/female having different perspectives. However, my husband's best friend - a guy - since 3rd grade, came out very late. And he and I get each other and are closer than he is with my husband. He has two beautiful twin girls via surrogate and he understands me more than my own husband when I vent about being a wife/mother.

It is hard to tell - also I have friends barely of drinking age that behave more maturely and are more tolerable than women older than me - I swear there is crazy water with some of the moms/women I deal with - I think perhaps they are pre-menopausal. haha! I had to block my own mom from my IPhone seriously. (I'll send her flowers on mother's day. I am not that cold.)

Love how easy it is to block people on the Iphone - I even block friends because I get sick of their constant broken-record whining about their boyfriends.

I feel harried right now - need to be getting dolled up but much rather chill, relax at home and do nothing than go to a ton of different places.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:46 am

joliefille wrote:(that being said I had a crazy kitten that scared me to death because he thought he was a tiger/lion or something - he terrorized bf's, even bit holes in their pants - super lol :-)

:lol: :lol: I love it!! all kitties are super crazy! they calm down when they're cats.
But my 18 yo cat would still go crazy for a string.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:43 pm

Yeah kittens are batshit crazy and a little sneaky - sorry cat lovers but I will never own one again. Haha!- yes I have seen that with cat and strings and am always perplexed thinking wtf; don't get it.

Dogs are loving and predictable but are as much work as human babies in the beginning. Also my dogs make me feel safe when I go hiking alone before sunrise - they would not let anyone f---- with me.

(Pardon, my language my mom would kill me but I do not speak this way in life - just in my head.)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:41 am

:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Tue Feb 25, 2014 9:22 pm

Today i bought a cable to rely my guitar and bass to my computer, to finally start working on my idea of music, and maybe record and express myself. So, i'm writing this message at 10:15pm, i didn't do my homework because i spent my time to try make working that damn cable... WHO DOESNT WORK.
I HATE TO LOST MY TIME.
I HATE WHEN TECHNOLOGY F*CK ME.

I GET MAAAD, I WANNA BURN EVERY F*CKING THING IN MY HOUSE AHAH
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nFy0X7vqgpM&hd=1 I'm just getting mad like the man at 3:18 :evil:

Thanks for reading that constructive message of peace. :)
Love for all people of Jamiroquai.com :mrgreen:
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:48 am

Alexandre - babe chill, it will work out in the end. My Dad is French but my English is much better because I grew up in the US. How does your username translate?

If you are feeling super mad/anger please follow/ listen to the sage advice in Marvin Gaye's song "Anger" - will post some of the lyrics here but for me - a quick tempered, rather feisty gay - this song is better than therapy. It has helped me.

Some lyrics from Marvin Gaye's "Anger" -

"Up and down my back, my spine, in my brain
It injures me, babe....

Anger, can make you old, yes it can
I said anger, can make you sick, children... oh Jesus
Anger destroys your soul
Rage, there's no room for rage in there
There's no room for rage in here
line up some place to go to be mad"

"One more time-anger, more anger
When it's flaming hot
Anger burns to the bitter end
Know what i'm talkin' 'bout
When it cools I find out too late
I have lost at love, love, love, dear friend
I said, anger will make you sick,
children, oh Jesus
Anger destroys your soul"

Sorry for the long post but I my temper has ruined relationships - male and female, my Iphone a few weeks ago (lucky me the Apple store just replaced it for me for me although I lost my pics) and expensive personal property. Imagine writing a check for $30,000 for sh*t I broke because I was young, angry, feisty - and do not even recall what I was mad about till this day. That was a big lesson. Except for my Iphone - I do not damage plasma TVs, fancy remotes, computers or other stuff.

Perhaps it is maturity and growth and realizing the value of $$$ - but more importantly, it is not good for your body. Nobody or incident is worth the toxicity of anger.

By the way, you sound very mature for your age. But I believe European men are much more mature than their American counterparts.

Keep your dreams - I am sure you will meet Jay/Jamiroquai and have success in music. Keep at it. So much has happened in my life I never even imagined.

Best.
Jolie
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Feb 26, 2014 5:50 am

Also, be wary of lyrics on the internet - they can miss words, and or can be incorrect - but I cannot sit here and transcribe the lyrics according to my ear. Leaving in few days - need to pack.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Wed Feb 26, 2014 6:42 am

Ok how I am feeling right now? About an hour or two ago, I felt amazing.
Last edited by joliefille on Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Wed Feb 26, 2014 11:46 am

@joliefille. I was obviously kidding about an absolute madness... ...Ok, i was anger as sh*t :mrgreen:
It's just that, since 2-3 years i don't feel happy with my time. And when i tell it to my friends they say "come on you're 16" or "Well, it's strange". But i understand it, it's not a "normal" teens problem.
So i see my life in two solutions. 1 : Make music, live of music, meet people (like Jay, but it recover more from the fan's fantasy than a real utility :lol: ). Or 2 : Get a normal life of music teatcher and find a great girl to share a better idea of family life instead "Money, TV, new house, new car".
But actually i'm making a half of the one and a half of the other. :roll:
Anyway your reply made me happy, thanks :p

(and for my username, ElTouffo, is just in french "La Touffe", a nickname i get when i was young who mean "The Big Hair Things" :lol: From which zone of France is your father ?)

I'm not sure to understand what you wrote about your problem... depressed by aging and "physical consequence" ? Be happy that this the only thing where people are all equal :mrgreen:
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Thu Feb 27, 2014 3:18 am

My dear Alexandre - I am glad that I helped you feel better. I get you - I was similar very mature for my age - I was a professional dancer (mostly ballet but I can tap dance and do more). When you are mature and serious about stuff in life at a young age (even for me today as I am still fairly young) people find it odd or strange but pursue your passions and work hard. Read the "The Alchemist" by Paulo Coelho

Even if your hard work does not lead to your ultimate goal (I wanted to be a ballerina but ended up in modeling, which I am sick of although I love shoes and it pays well :-) and enjoy the free clothes, stuff I get. But I worked very hard and had to grow up very fast b/c of the tough industries I worked/work in.

Stick with it - it is not hard to meet anyone. I have met and continue to meet amazing people on my journey. I know you can meet Jay and the band - it should not be too hard. Talented people appreciate those who are struggling and trying to make their way - they see through the bullshit and will help.

Haha - my Dad/Papa grew up in Paris but we mostly spent time at his family's chateaus in Cap d'Antibes and Nice because he had made a life in the US by time I was born. And the Hotel Du Cap is perhaps my favorite hotel of all time; followed by the Carlysle in NY and the Peninsula here in Beverly Hills (best afternoon tea ever.) I want to retire in Nice.

Haha! - THANK YOU for the smile you give me - not my hurt was not about aging as I am still young and trust, you get better with age if you take of yourself. It was more about an amazing opportunity that presented itself and my husband not being supportive. It just hurt because I am supportive of him and his career but he wants me at home waiting for him when he gets home and I am not that kind of girl. I love me - physically, mentally and more now than when I was younger and insecure. Being a dancer or model is not easy - you develop thick and become very wary about people and trusting them. And I am still young but not as young when I started out at 14/15 - tall and lanky :-) Now I have a nice bod.

I have a plane I need to catch and am writing really fast so I hope this makes sense. Don't give up and work hard (do not listen to people who think you are strange or odd b/c you are 16 - I was touring and making money at 14). And my oddness and passion about music led me to the meeting I had yesterday to perhaps host an international show about music. It is better to be different than boring and normal.

Peace and love to you. You must have great hair :-) I got some of my Dad's and my mom (she's Dutch, it's more stringy) but it worked out great in the end.

I won't be here on the site for awhile because of traveling again (modeling). But take care and "hang in there baby!" (a saying from the 70s - I am young but an old soul)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Sun Mar 16, 2014 10:32 pm

Does anybody had a feeling of solitude after partying ? It's very strange !
Weill i try to sleep and think about school tomorrow.. i turn radio on and i hear Ai no corrida... damn just want to have fun a second time ! x(
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Mon Mar 17, 2014 1:31 am

yes. it's called a hangover!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Mon Mar 17, 2014 3:59 pm

I don't know the two were bound :mrgreen:
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:06 pm

Okay i need to ease one's mine.. i feel now sad as f**k.
Nostalgy come when present's goes wrong. I felt more happy on that two weeks of holiday but now i took time -in a gloomy classroom- to think about problems, life...
I got to move on and get out of this routine !
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Mar 19, 2014 4:01 am

drink some pepsi!

@joliefille -you safe after your earthquake? You thought the rock was coming for you?!
I saw that after I posted my comment!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:44 pm

Haha! :-) Yes - for a split second I was not sure wtf was going on with all that's going on the world - several scenarios ran through my head. My husband (very chill, steady guy) was screaming - very strange noise, my dogs were barking like madmen, our bed was shaking like an exorcism and the vaulted ceilings in my bedroom looked like they going to implode.

But unlike my husband (who's a lot more level-headed than I am) after I realized it was likely an earthquake, I just sat in the bed and waited for it to stop and checked on the little one, who slept right through it.

I have been getting quite the laughs reenacting my husband's reaction although I promised not to. :-)

There was another yesterday 2.7 - but what can you do? We are lucky here that most homes/offices are structurally sound. We are incredibly lucky not to lose even a glass. At most, people lost bowls, glasses or bathroom stuff fell.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby ElTouffoDrum on Fri Mar 21, 2014 8:56 pm

I love the way you talk about your husband :mrgreen:
ElTouffoDrum
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Mar 26, 2014 3:41 am

I am absolutely miserable!
:?

Just hope it passes soon
one bad thing after another
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Mar 30, 2014 4:54 am

happy again!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:41 pm

It is a nice sunny, breezy, gorgeous day in LA per usual - I am in my backyard typing. However, I am extremely jetlagged, hung over, groggy and tired from late night. (That's usually when I come here and post :-)

Sunshine is helping though. Going to take a nap and hope I do not burn :--)

You know "Everybody Loves the Sunshine." (Roy Ayers - awwwh)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Mon Mar 31, 2014 10:48 pm

Lonely :(
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 1:18 am

For popalot or anyone feeling lonely and not optimistic about finding love: Astrud Gilberto's "Corcovado (Quiet Nights)" - it is not sappy but it is hopeful and beautiful. Here is the last verse that always gives me hope:

"I who was lost and lonely believing life was only
A bitter tragic joke,
have found with you,
The meaning of existence, oh my love."

There is another similar verse in Portuguese earlier in the song (Pardon mistakes):

" E eu que era triste (And I who was sad)
Descrente deste mundo (Having lost faith in this world)
Ao encontra você eu conheci (I found you and then I knew)
O que é felicidade, meu amor (what happiness is, my love ) "

Geez, I wish I had a chance to be lonely (my dream vacation is two weeks alone - no phone calls, no texts, no husband or any family, no friends, no work, no requests, commitments - 2 weeks of freedom without being bothered sounds like bliss.)

It is impossible to sleep in the sunshine sober :-)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Tue Apr 01, 2014 6:59 am

That's beautiful :)
popalot
Supersonic

Postby joliefille on Tue Apr 01, 2014 8:30 am

Yes it is quite lovely - it is timeless. Astrud's daughter Bebel has another great song for when you feel alone called "All Around." Here are two verses:

After all, all I have in my heart
Are the pieces, that I found
Shades of blue, swimming in the moon
Counting the stars all around
I say a prayer for better days

Do you know how it is without anyone
Do you know anyone?
Don't let it go
Never forget that when
I think of you
You're not alone

Omg, it is actually thundering and pouring rain in Los Angeles after weeks of sunshine; I quite enjoy the sound of rain and hope it lulls me to sleep. Every time I travel or party, my sleep gets so screwed up.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby popalot on Tue Apr 01, 2014 9:08 am

But who thinks of me?
I am just home everyday and night apart from when i volunteer
popalot
Supersonic

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat