Home
Jamiroquai

How do you feel right now?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: How do you feel right now?

Postby Giba7 on Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:11 pm

yes @joliefille it was a hoax, the brother is alive! Yahoo news updated!
don't trust the media!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Aug 04, 2015 2:41 am

But we still have news about a 2nd lion shot by an American back in April.
I'm for all the news coverage because regardless of if it's real or not, it's negative attention for something that should be forbidden.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Tue Aug 04, 2015 6:54 pm

I agree about not trusting the media; particularly when it comes to American media and politics. Here I find the media to be very polarizing and cable news produces a lot of "hate" TV. Some of the UK's papers such as the Guardian or the Independent seem to have a more journalistic integrity.

Yes it is true that the media is powerful in that it can bring about awareness to issues. Yet it also causes so much confusion. Just look at the whole food issue in the US - gluten, organic, non-GMO, "natural" foods, non-dairy, non-sugar - while we still have the highest rates of obesity. So f--- it, have a piece of cheese and glass of wine here and there. :-) Educating ourselves is so important - and not just in the academic sense - gosh, there is a line by Guru in a song that is sums up what I am trying say. Darn it - I will have play it and come back.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 05, 2015 4:05 am

But even though the food issue "sounds" complex, it is because it is. Monsanto, processed, American foods... I try to buy European cheeses and more natural products because the rules on American production are lax. Whole foods has an entire list of chemicals banned from their store, but Meijer, & Kroger sells their items with them.

But you also need to not overeat, and exercise but indulge occasionally!
:mrgreen:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Wed Aug 05, 2015 6:00 am

Yes - we just have to do our own research regarding food and what is healthy because the most of the government funding regarding nutrition in the US is funded by big corps like Nestle, Coca Cola, Kraft and other big corporations that do not make healthy food and care more about pleasing their boards and $$$$$. And these corporations fund research to "prove" that their processed food is not so bad. So what we are taught regarding the food pyramids and what we should consume is not necessarily true.

Found the lyric about the importance of educating ourselves for our survival - it is by Gang Starr, not Guru, in "Who's gonna take the weight?" (my gym song) -

"Knowledge is power, and knowledge can be the difference between life
or death...you should know the truth and the truth shall set you free."

We have to seek out knowledge, truth and information (aside from just college academia or what the media reports) to make the best decisions and create a healthy lives for ourselves, our children, families etc.

(Super tired so hope any of this makes sense.)
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:25 pm

I'm not sure if that is the right song Jolie Fille -but I think Gang Starr is old rap!

but I agree with the words. But it is challenging to live ideally because there is just so much.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Fri Aug 14, 2015 4:27 am

I was showing my cute little 8yo some Jami videos: "Deeper Underground"
"why does he just keep dancing and doesn't get out of there?"
and "Canned Heat"
he can't go through the walls and TV like that in real life.

everytime I watch Canned Heat I swear those are my tables!
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Oct 27, 2015 12:59 am

Florida had a Bear Hunt, legally allowing nearly 300 Black bears to be hunted and killed.
:(
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Thu Nov 26, 2015 7:19 am

Feeling immensely grateful for my life.

Given how we treat our very own mankind - humans (in this case below, refugees) - it never surprises me how awful we treat "animals" (which we are too.) If you need to feel grateful for your life, check out this video http://www.democracynow.org/2015/11/18/ ... hows_risks

Interesting how Jay/Jam is always so prescient about the sh-- going on in the world.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:44 pm

I wish nobody had to leave their land, but could stay safely. And have a say in their government (democracy).
But refugees should be welcomed.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:46 pm

Relaxed - happy holidays (yay!) Finally a break from the hustle and bustle.

Watched this documentary "Lord Montagu" and was thinking Jay or his heirs should do what Lord Montagu did with his English estate and classic car collection. Cool way to preserve history and a person's passion.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun Apr 03, 2016 6:02 pm

thoughts for the day:
Everybody comes from something different. We all share in our own culture. We are born of our own race and ethnicity. People live in many different countries. And people believe in different religions, or none. And many times, people practice the culture or religion from which you were raised. So the best way to be is neutral toward others, in regards to how they live or how they believe. If you believe yours is better than another, this is ethnocentrism. When we believe we are better, this is a sort of survival mechanism, which reinforces we are doing the best we can. But when you put it into words of criticism of another culture, country, ethnicity, race, or religion; then this is discrimination.
So if you don’t like how other people live, whether it be a race, country, or religion of people, keep it to yourself. Because in words, we see hatred.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby joliefille on Sun May 08, 2016 6:08 pm

wow Giba; nicely said. Deep. I studied ethnocentrism in college and how it led to various wars.
joliefille
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sun May 08, 2016 9:28 pm

good for you Joliefille! thanks
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:32 pm

The Secret Life of Pets was hilarious!
It was a group of dogs and one cat hanging out, always sitting in a box or bowl!
One scene had this old guy wearing an "I Love Disco" hat!
Snowball, the naughty rabbit was so hip hop he was saying "R I P " to his deceased friend in reference to this song - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EjQ4m2k9L_g
:lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Nov 09, 2016 5:18 pm

Well it's a sad day here in America today.
Trump won the electoral college votes, even though Hillary won the majority of the vote.
A country divided by what people think is right and wrong, literally makes me sick. (vomit emoji)

I actually wish Bush was the Republican candidate again. :shock:
My education's worth is thrown out the window (diversity & equality) and my church should be boycotted for promoting Trump.

But America deserves it -they made their bed and they shall lie in it.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Shaolin325 on Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:06 am

I typed out a long response to this question....twice......and lost both posts because I took too long to submit.....

But to answer the question....Not good.

I don't know how adults honestly thought Mr. Trump was the right person for one of the most important jobs in the world. His whole "ass and balls out" approach was a total turn off. The citizens of the United States should have at the very least made him prove he was sane and could show compassion, acceptance and respect for those who are not like him. But this is who will represent these "United" States for the next 4 years.....if he doesn't do something to get impeached before that.
Shaolin325
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Sat Mar 04, 2017 6:28 am

Years ago I found this website and unearthed Jamiroquai! They were gone, as far as I knew. And it was easy to click on the site, especially since I work on the computer.

I learned a lot about old music and Jamiroquai, and the music that was gone all those years. Just keep coming back. Communicating here wasn't with the band, but with fans of the band. It was about music!

Then a group of girls arrived at Jam.com, coincidentally together. You should always guard yourself on the internet, because you can’t take someone at face value, or rather, avi value.

But eventually, it seemed like we were friends, and the band was still touring. And so we talked about traveling together. Me, Kirstie, Leanne and Wendy. I thought it was open to me in the group. K & W decided to go, and I asked to go with. But out of respect, I got my own room. It was a big trip to see just a band, perhaps as much as $3000 for me. But it would be worth it.

Day 1 we got to know each other a bit. Day 2 clearly K was pissed off about something toward me. And she didn’t let up. I wasn’t quite sure what I’d done. Every single thing there was an issue. Antagonism toward me about a what a road name was, or asking directions. They wanted me to charge the bill, and they’d pay me back “later”. I sat in the lobby for an hour waiting for a room while I had given the first room to them. She completely humiliated by laughing at me on some history fact I didn’t know. It wasn’t one thing, but maybe a couple dozen (and a couple out of earshot of Wendy). I obviously realized I was not part of the group. I kept my distance by day 3, and dodged them at the concert and my last day in London.

I was definitely out of my element alone, in another country, but better than with her. Wendy Witch and Curse, I realized they were possibly witches, which I have no problem with, but I soon learned that they were anti-Christian. Did they not like me because I was Christian? I try not to be anti-anything.

Well when I returned home, I blocked K & W off my Twitter. The other girls knew my story, but stayed with K. And they never returned here to this site after the concert in 2013, including Leanne, who could possibly work for the band in promotion? who knows. How peculiar it was. But if you went to K’s account, she was making fun of my tweets, hateful comments. In fact she’d gone to my daughter’s twitter account and commented on her tweets. (she knows my last name). I lashed out!! and I eventually blocked all the girls from the group. But Amy stayed in contact with me, but played both sides, so I fed her some info to see how long it took to cross over!! What a f*cking drama these girls were!

What was K's issue with me? I was very respectable on the trip. I bit my tongue so I would keep my dignity and she’d have no reason to treat me the way she did. I was there to see the band without any problems. But she was adamant on being the center of attention and creating the drama.

On our short trip, K made fun of me several times and said things with hatred ‘to my face’. She tried to make me feel inferior to her, and I kept questioning what was this purpose? she clearly had an agenda. Did she accomplish what she set out to do??
Years later, realizing her narcissism was probably due to the fact that she is related to a guitar player in the band! Makes me laugh today! Literally!! Thank God I didn’t hang with her to meet the band, I’m only there for the music. Thank God, because I may’ve exposed her true personality in how she treats other people. And be certain, It will resurface again on someone else. ;)

I was here at Jam.com to support Jamiroquai and bring back my past and love of their music; instead it became a place I learned social media, and shared some of my favorite music! I never wanted anything from Jamiroquai. I think Jamiroquai is a great band and happy for the upcoming album.
Giba7
Runaway

Previous

Return to Everyday Chat