Home
Jamiroquai

Favorite Phrase or Thought of the day!

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: Favorite Phrase or Thought of the day!

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:56 am

Giba7 wrote:Algeria. now that's a place nobody I know has been!
StormeyG wrote:I know many people that go to Morocco or Tunisia, but not to Algeria. I have Marocco on my to do list, but with my sand allergy it is probably never going to happen.
Yes, Algeria is not really a tourist destination (yet).... statically speaking anyway! But there was a lot of businessmen from different nationalities in the plane...
You're allergic to sand?! :shock:
StormeyG wrote:Do you have roots in Algeria?
Yep! I do!

StormeyG wrote:Image

Really? And how are we supposed to use them? :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Thu Jul 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Yep...allergic to sand. I cannot inhale sand, because my lungs can't take it and my throat closes up. Any idea how much sand is in the air on a regular day...not very handy allergy to have. However, my sisters skin cannot take any water...that's even worst. My brother and I have a little bit of sensitivity to water, but not as bad as my sister.

When you get older Miss Lisa, you will find out that curves can help you to persuade men into doing stuff for you. Men like curves! as much as we think the curves are in the way, they can open doors for you ;)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 3:30 pm

StormeyG wrote:Yep...allergic to sand. I cannot inhale sand, because my lungs can't take it and my throat closes up. Any idea how much sand is in the air on a regular day...not very handy allergy to have. However, my sisters skin cannot take any water...that's even worst. My brother and I have a little bit of sensitivity to water, but not as bad as my sister.

Water! :shock: :shock: I don't understand, how is that possible?? :shock:
Well, the good thing about you is that you're in the right place... there's not much sand in the Netherlands, is there?

StormeyG wrote:When you get older Miss Lisa, you will find out that curves can help you to persuade men into doing stuff for you. Men like curves! as much as we think the curves are in the way, they can open doors for you ;)

:lol: open doors? Gosh, it seems like we're talking about a diploma... :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:56 pm

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:
StormeyG wrote:Yep...allergic to sand. I cannot inhale sand, because my lungs can't take it and my throat closes up. Any idea how much sand is in the air on a regular day...not very handy allergy to have. However, my sisters skin cannot take any water...that's even worst. My brother and I have a little bit of sensitivity to water, but not as bad as my sister.

Water! :shock: :shock: I don't understand, how is that possible?? :shock:
Well, the good thing about you is that you're in the right place... there's not much sand in the Netherlands, is there?

StormeyG wrote:When you get older Miss Lisa, you will find out that curves can help you to persuade men into doing stuff for you. Men like curves! as much as we think the curves are in the way, they can open doors for you ;)

:lol: open doors? Gosh, it seems like we're talking about a diploma... :lol:

we might :wink:

Sorry, don't mind me. I will behave better...I promise

I don't know how it is possible to be allergic to water, but my sisters skin gets really lumpy and bumpy and it hurts a lot. It took years to find out how to cure it and they finally found a solution in America. I just have it if I am cleaning or wash my hands a lot during the day or get really sweaty on an hot day.
And as for the sand...I was born at the beach, so lots of sand and there is always a lot of sand in the air. dry season is the worst, but lucky for me..not much dry season here.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:52 pm

:lol:
in the U.S. we have this dilemna: everything is about diet and health, but promote boobs and hips! :roll: and boob jobs

sand and water allergy? :shock: really?
and it seems we are allergic to what we love.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:22 pm

Boys do whatever we want as long as we know how to handle them.. I'm not so curvy and I've never experienced troubles on that (If you know what I mean) :mrgreen: :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby StormeyG on Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:51 pm

sure you don't! You are beautiful all over!

Oh well we curvy ladies say anything to make it right :wink: Lucky for me I will never have to get a boob job, or a hip job and even if I did, I wouldn't. We are all fine the way we are!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Thu Jul 26, 2012 9:46 pm

StormeyG wrote:Sorry, don't mind me. I will behave better...I promise
:lol: No problem!...
StormeyG wrote:And as for the sand...I was born at the beach, so lots of sand and there is always a lot of sand in the air. dry season is the worst, but lucky for me..not much dry season here.
??? You were born at the beach? Nah, really at the beach or just near the beach?? That would be such a coincidence! Born at the beach and allergic to sand and water... :( Has your sister always been allergic to water?
caroli wrote:(If you know what I mean)
Not really... :mrgreen:
StormeyG wrote:sure you don't! You are beautiful all over!
She is indeed! You know she kinda looks like my cousin, I noticed that the first time I saw her in the Photo thread... :mrgreen: Incredible...
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:23 am

@Stormey, glad you don 't need a boob job!!
:lol: I was born at the beach too!
meaning: part of my life as a kid!

My mom brought all 5 of her kids to the beach! So many childhood memories were at the beach!
Seagulls, suntan lotion, and the Totlot! :mrgreen:
I remember this one guy who was soooo brown from being there every day! Also the Indian man who told stories for popcorn
Last edited by Giba7 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Fri Jul 27, 2012 4:43 am

well not atthe beach, but my mum just made to the doors of the clinic..I was actually born in between the sliding doors..hehehe..explains the face :wink: She probably still had sand at her feet.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Fri Jul 27, 2012 3:02 pm

:lol: :lol: that's was intense hun? between the doors, she barely made it :mrgreen: and thank you girls for the compliments :D

@ Miss Lisa - you don't know yet, but you have time :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:06 pm

StormeyG wrote:well not atthe beach, but my mum just made to the doors of the clinic..I was actually born in between the sliding doors..hehehe..explains the face :wink: She probably still had sand at her feet.

:lol: I thought you were being facetious! so she was at the beach and barely made it?! OMG!
You are a beach babe Wendy!

as for curves, never had much, but good thing cuz I'm short and agile.
my friend and I just had a discussion regarding this: she thinks this small woman with DD size looks good. I disagree! Curves are better on a taller person.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:44 am

so today I decided to turn in some gold from broken necklaces and misc. stuff.
I was expecting maybe $25 -$50. But I got $160! :mrgreen:
funny thing, I thought I was going to a jewelry store, turns out it was a pawn shop!!
Super nice, precise guy!

and so I decided to get a passport finally. I don't have to have it, but now it's paid for!
I only have a travel license that lets me travel by car or boat internationally.
but it will be a while before I go anywhere incredible.

I know you all have probably travelled the world! But me only the contiguous countries and Dominican.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 am

some parenting advice :)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jul 31, 2012 6:27 am

Lucky for me I have got some of these kinda friends!

StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby caroli on Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:06 pm

@ Giba - be careful..passports expire too and If you are not traveling you might be doing it for nothing.. I had mine when I went to Dominican with a friend of mine :mrgreen:

Gladly we don't have passwords :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:13 pm

@Stormey, I have seen those on FB! the first one is from a mom!

@Caroli - our passports last 10 years, and you have 5 years to renew for 1/2 price.
When I went to Dominican Republic years ago, I only needed my birth certificate!
My goal is to travel a bit in the future.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:29 pm

busted! I got them from FB :mrgreen:

getting the passport is the beginning of planning a vacation abroad or a trip to Jamiroquai 8) good for you Giba!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Tue Jul 31, 2012 9:29 pm

Giba7 wrote:and so I decided to get a passport finally. I don't have to have it, but now it's paid for!
I only have a travel license that lets me travel by car or boat internationally.
but it will be a while before I go anywhere incredible.

I know you all have probably travelled the world! But me only the contiguous countries and Dominican.

So you need a passport only to travel by plane??...

StormeyG wrote:Lucky for me I have got some of these kinda friends!

Heeeeey! Garfield!!!!!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
So Stormey, that means you're crazy hun? :lol:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:58 am

MissLisa_since1999 wrote:So you need a passport only to travel by plane??...

here you can travel to the contiguous countries (the ones you can drive to) with an enhanced license.
But years ago many of those countries only required a birth certificate- Canada & the islands.
Yeah, don't think I'll be planning to see Jamiroquai. Unless they have another tour! :lol:

that last one about being crazy really fits how my older daughter feels about me these days!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Aug 01, 2012 11:00 pm

Giba7 wrote:here you can travel to the contiguous countries (the ones you can drive to) with an enhanced license.
But years ago many of those countries only required a birth certificate- Canada & the islands.
Yeah, don't think I'll be planning to see Jamiroquai. Unless they have another tour! :lol:

All right... it's always useful to have a passport anyway.... so good for you!
Giba7 wrote:that last one about being crazy really fits how my older daughter feels about me these days!

:lol: how old is she?
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Thu Aug 02, 2012 3:21 pm

she's pre-teen, almost 12. And has made it clear this year I'm not quite as cool! :lol:

But really, she's the sweetest thing...has a voice soft like Marilyn Monroe! (minus the figure!)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:00 am

Giba7 wrote:she's pre-teen, almost 12. And has made it clear this year I'm not quite as cool! :lol:

But really, she's the sweetest thing...has a voice soft like Marilyn Monroe! (minus the figure!)

You're suppost to think your parents are aliens at that age :mrgreen:
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Fri Aug 03, 2012 12:53 pm

Giba7 wrote:she's pre-teen, almost 12. And has made it clear this year I'm not quite as cool! :lol:

You are a Jamiroquai fan Giba - so you are definitely cool! :wink:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sat Aug 18, 2012 5:29 am

:lol: CosmicLea
Giba7
Runaway

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat