Home
Jamiroquai

What's the funniest thing lately?

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: What's the funniest thing lately?

Postby ophone on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:01 pm

I was today with my girlfriend to a British shop/restaurant/tea room called "Little Britain".

I usually go there to buy British stuff that you can't buy in a normal shop here in Luxembourg, but today I also had a slice of cake and a cuppa. I began to talk to the British lady that served us. She told me that she prefers driving on the continent than on the British isles! :mrgreen:
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:11 pm

She told me that she prefers driving on the continent than on the British isles!

Um, (Ophone) that went over my head. (which isn't hard to do!)
I don't get it? :?

So, it's funny to see the traits you pass down to your kids.
I told my daughter to pick up a candy box on the floor.
She says "I picked it up with my toes"! :oops:
And as kids, they climb and jump off chairs and can't sit still! In public, people are so worried they'll fall.
Nope. Never. :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Wed Dec 14, 2011 10:31 pm

In the British Isles they drive on the wrong side of the street..I guess that was it but can't be sure.. :mrgreen:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby ophone on Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:01 am

caroli wrote:In the British Isles they drive on the wrong side of the street..I guess that was it but can't be sure.. :mrgreen:

Bingo!
ophone
Mr Moon

Postby caroli on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:29 pm

:lol: It drives me nuts! Why can't they be normal like the rest of the world? :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Dec 15, 2011 11:43 pm

caroli wrote: It drives me nuts! Why can't they be normal like the rest of the world?
I can't wait to try it....it will be like brushing your teeth with the left hand! and the road will become a hit to pass!
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Location: Victoria, B.C, Canada (home of the Day Glo Abortions))

Postby LisaTheLisa on Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:22 am

caroli wrote::lol: It drives me nuts! Why can't they be normal like the rest of the world? :lol:

The English are so polite. On one trip with my ex-boyfriend we were in England. I told him NO WAY am I driving with that left side thing going on. So he did all the driving. Sometimes, he would forget and drive on the wrong side. The other drivers didn't do anything! They didn't beep, nothing. We just figured it out and switched sides.

Once we were in Mexico and he turned down the wrong way on a one-way street. Those drivers were honking at us like crazy!

I'm even left-handed and I don't like it.

Oh and don't even get me started on those *expletive*, stupid roundabouts! Talk about annoying. Why do they have those things!? I hate them!
LisaTheLisa
Supersonic

Postby Giba7 on Fri Dec 16, 2011 4:54 am

Well, I get confused. Is the driver's seat on the right side? And then they drive on the left of the road?
I think we just get used to what we do. Just happy to be driving!
I hope I'll be driving til I'm 80!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby caroli on Sat Dec 17, 2011 11:19 am

Yes..the seat is on the right side and they drive on the left side of the road.. gargh! :lol:
caroli
Dynamite

Postby Giba7 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 5:52 pm

I know for me, switching sides would throw me off! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Sat Dec 17, 2011 6:40 pm

caroli wrote:Yes..the seat is on the right side and they drive on the left side of the road.. gargh!

Ya, it would be like patting your head and rubbing your stomach @ the same time.....which I can do by the way...I know...your impressed right?? :lol:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby CosmicLea on Sun Dec 18, 2011 7:18 am

caroli wrote:Yes..the seat is on the right side and they drive on the left side of the road.. gargh! :lol:

That's how we drive in Australia too! I wouldn't know any other way! But when my husband and I spent 3 months in Canada some years ago, I didn't dare drive there! My husband did and he was fine while on the road with all the markings. But in carparks, where there were no lines painted on the ground he would get confused and automatically go back to the left! :lol:
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 8:03 pm

curse_t_70 wrote:Ya, it would be like patting your head and rubbing your stomach @ the same time.....which I can do by the way...I know...your impressed right?? :lol:

Yeah, if you could do it while driving!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:40 pm

Giba7 wrote:
curse_t_70 wrote:Ya, it would be like patting your head and rubbing your stomach @ the same time.....which I can do by the way...I know...your impressed right?? :lol:

Yeah, if you could do it while driving!
:lol:
That would get some pretty interesting looks from fellow commuters!! Does any one here have other stupid human tricks :?:

Today, I am @ my work and a fellow employee in the activity department starts singing Deck the Halls....She is an absolute doll of a person but lets just say her singing is not up to par with JK and StormeyG....she also is has a thick chinese accent.I hope I do not offend anyone here but if you have seen the classic movie "A christmas Story" ..and remember the scene where they have christmas dinner..... well you get the picture.....
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Mon Dec 19, 2011 8:57 am

hehehe..being named as good as Jay Kay in the same phrase kinda makes me smile funny! :shock: :lol: :P :oops: It's the biggest compliment I could get and yet the weirdest thing to read.

Some people can sing out of tune and be funny or even cute, but some...oh my, I used to have a fellow employee that was the sweetest most prettiest girl in the world, but as soon as she started singing you would want to strangle her. Not just me, but everybody on the department would start to get angry with her..it was sooooo bad. And she would always go for Beyonce songs or something like that.
But the chinese accent must be a hoot!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 1:05 pm

StormeyG wrote:hehehe..being named as good as Jay Kay in the same phrase kinda makes me smile funny! :shock: :lol: :P :oops: It's the biggest compliment I could get and yet the weirdest thing to read.

:lol:

StormeyG wrote:oh my, I used to have a fellow employee that was the sweetest most prettiest girl in the world, but as soon as she started singing you would want to strangle her.

curse_t_70 wrote:Today, I am @ my work and a fellow employee in the activity department starts singing Deck the Halls...

Poor girls! Imagine they don't even have an idea that you think they sing bad... you should tell them (tactfully of course!), that would probably be better for you and for them... :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Mon Dec 19, 2011 11:15 pm

:lol: so funny!
Yeah a bad singer is painful!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 12:20 am

"Deck the halls with bows of Holly...Fa ra ra ra raaaa... ra raaa ra ra! :lol:
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Dec 20, 2011 1:42 am

curse_t_70 wrote:"Deck the halls with bows of Holly...Fa ra ra ra raaaa... ra raaa ra ra! :lol:

Classic -A Christmas Story!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 12:43 am

So it occurred to me today,
that maybe I am missing some content by not knowing all the bleeped lyrics of the songs on the radio.

Nah, probably not! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Thu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 am

Giba7 wrote:So it occurred to me today,
that maybe I am missing some content by not knowing all the bleeped lyrics of the songs on the radio.

When I am in America I am always shocked by that. In Holland they don't bleep anything and it makes me wonder when I'm in America and I hear the bleeps....Do people not know the word that is there???? And don't they notice it even more because it is bleeped??? Doesn't it become more fun to use these words because they are bleeped. Teenage me would have had a fieldday with it!!!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:15 pm

StormeyG wrote:
Giba7 wrote:So it occurred to me today,

When I am in America I am always shocked by that. In Holland they don't bleep anything and it makes me wonder when I'm in America and I hear the bleeps....Do people not know the word that is there???? And don't they notice it even more because it is bleeped??? Doesn't it become more fun to use these words because they are bleeped. Teenage me would have had a fieldday with it!!!

@ StormeyG- Just curious...In Holland, where it sounds as if there is no censorship ...do you find your youngest generationsay 6-12 yr olds naughty by nature in terms of their langauge?? Do you think their swearwords/innapropriatness slip out more and earlier or is it the opposite? I do realize it is mostly the parents and what they say and do, but society bombards all of us.
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Thu Dec 22, 2011 5:45 pm

If we are talking about normal responsible people, than they wont allow people to use swearwords near their kids. But you do have to watch carefully what your kids watch on the tv. And there is school, where ofcourse there are kids that have less responsible parents. So that is probably the same in any country. I still do believe that if things are not permitted, it is way more fun to just do it. These things we are confronted with (swearwords, drugs, freedom) become a choice instead of a challange.
I have travelled a lot and what I do notice is that the dutch are often more loud and think that rules are not for them. So you can spot a dutch person from a mile away :wink: I am the same way, but I do try to adjust to the country that I am at as much as possible. But I always feel I am to loud 8) I am usualy embarrassed by my fellow country people when I am abroad, while I don't notice anything different about them at home.

What to my opinion must change is the music video's, lyrics that are made by artists like rihanna and the fashion industry/ media. I think the girls and women are portrait too skinny, too nude, too focust on being sexualy active. This gives young girls such a twisted self image and make them do sexual things so early in life. They should put a stop to that. If you cannot sell music fully dressed, your probably not good enough!! Or I am getting too old 8)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:10 pm

wow! Great thoughts.
But you don't think Rihanna is skinny, do you?

I think, the home influence is the most important.
But society does play its part.

When I hear people speak from the U.K. (or near that region) it seems a lot of profanity flows. :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby curse_t_70 on Thu Dec 22, 2011 6:27 pm

Giba7 wrote:When I hear people speak from the U.K. (or near that region) it seems a lot of profanity flows.

I find socioeconomic class plays a huge part in regards to profanity...evident in the U.K (you've got the upper class englishman that says "Oh bother!" when he stubs his toe and the not very rich skinhead that says....well you get the picture..think of the vocab in the movie "Trainspotting" :shock: It is pretty much like that in Canada too...
curse_t_70
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat