Home
Jamiroquai

Haute Cuisine

This is the place for the Cosmic Girls and Space Cowboys to chat about subjects that are not related to Jamiroquai. Subjects that don't quite fit in the Funktion Room should also be posted here. Introduce yourselves to one another in here.

Re: Haute Cuisine

Postby Giba7 on Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:15 pm

yes that looks yummy, and healthy! and Italian
Giba7
Runaway

Postby CosmicLea on Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:38 am

@Stormey - like I said on twitter, those tapas look like they're from a restaurant! :wink: :D
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Tue Aug 21, 2012 6:57 am

CosmicLea wrote:@Stormey - like I said on twitter, those tapas look like they're from a restaurant! :wink: :D

hehehe...most of them are from a jar...accept for the cheese 8)
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Aug 21, 2012 11:37 pm

oh I'm sure deli items in a restaurant are probably from a jar too! :lol:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:29 pm

oh a cobbler! I precisely wanted to make one! :mrgreen: it looks delicious... with seasonal fruits, love it! :mrgreen:

@Stormey, your tapas tray looks just perfect for summer! Light and colorful... :mrgreen:

Giba7 wrote:yes that looks yummy, and healthy! and Italian

Stormey loves Italian food! :lol: :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 6:47 pm

simple peach cobbler (I added cherries too -my fav local fruits)

1/2 cup butter
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 cups sugar (I would seriously reduce this to maybe 1& 1/2 cups, then divide into 2 parts)
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch salt
1 cup milk
4 cups peach slices
1Tbsp lemon juice
ground cinnamon
-----------------------------------------------------------
melt butter in 13 x 9 inch baking dish. Combine flour, 1 part sugar, baking powder, salt in mixing bowl. Add milk, stirring just until dry ingredients are moistened. Pour batter over butter, do not stir.

bring remaining ingredients 1 part sugar, peaches and lemon juice to boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Pour over batter, do not stir. Sprinkle with cinnamon.

Bake @ 375* F or 190* C for 40-45 minutes or until brown. Let cool down. Serve with vanilla Ice cream.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:26 pm

and I think I found the green goddess drink from Curse_t (didn't find it in the posts, didn't look too hard)
good to stay healthy and fit!
http://adinabeth.tumblr.com/post/275511 ... s-smoothie
but I use spinich, cucumber, lemon, mango, coconut milk.
I will change it up a bit with cilantro, ginger, or other fruits. I read something else to add spirulina.

I have been drinking the green goddesses, and will plan to try the wheat grass I've heard is so great.
I'm just wondering who's got a stainless steel straw! :shock:
Giba7
Runaway

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:05 pm

Oh it's very nice of you Giba! Thanks for the cobbler recipe!! :mrgreen:
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby CosmicLea on Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:51 am

StormeyG wrote:
CosmicLea wrote:@Stormey - like I said on twitter, those tapas look like they're from a restaurant! :wink: :D

hehehe...most of them are from a jar...accept for the cheese 8)

Well, you know how to serve them with style Stormey! :wink:

Thanks for the cobbler recipe Giba!

I've tried spirulina before and it tasted revolting! :lol: It was a complete waste of money for me buying the powder which gets added to water, and it wasn't cheap either! I then bought spirulina tablets but have since gotten slack in taking any vitamins.
CosmicLea
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Thu Aug 23, 2012 5:41 pm

I might try that cobbler too! But first I have to start backing cakes again. I have got somuch stuff to bake cakes and I never do. I was asked to make a weddingcake, but the people backed out right at the last moment. Not very nice, but I didn't feel like doing at all.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Aug 23, 2012 9:57 pm

Oh a wedding cake, now that;s a lotta work!
I never did get that Limoncello recipe, and never did make yours Stormey. :)
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Fri Aug 24, 2012 5:42 am

It's a lot of work, but it's worth it because people like you a lot for doing it.
But these people.....my brother in law is giving them a second marriage, but his parents don't like eachother anymore. I don't feel like going to the party at all, let alone make a cake. So happy I don't have to now!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Sun Aug 26, 2012 4:10 pm

Carrot Cake with a pineapple-butttercream and caramel filling.

StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Sun Aug 26, 2012 10:21 pm

Heey cute cake!!(piggy inspired!.... haaa probably your last experience!...) :mrgreen: And wow, caramel & pineapple... sounds goooooooood! Was it a present... For some occasion...?? (or maybe you just wanted to make a cake!)
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:16 am

I still have so much baking stuff filling up my kitchen cabinets, that I decided not to wait for a party and just start baking.
Hope I will find the time to show you some more new cakes :) It's always fun to see how they turn out. I never have a fixed plan. Wanted to make a piggy and the whole plan with the apples and the mudpool just came when I was making the pig.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby MissLisa_since1999 on Mon Aug 27, 2012 12:55 pm

StormeyG wrote:It's always fun to see how they turn out. I never have a fixed plan. Wanted to make a piggy and the whole plan with the apples and the mudpool just came when I was making the pig.
I think it's very exciting when you're about to try something new, when you wonder how it'll turn out.. That's one of the best things about cooking! :mrgreen: Yes, show us your cakes!
MissLisa_since1999
Mr Moon

Postby StormeyG on Mon Aug 27, 2012 8:25 pm

It was a bit to sweet for my taste. I would have thought the pineapple would take care of the sweetness but it didn't. All of the cake was gone within 5 minutes. My co workers read on Facebook that made it and where flocking near my desk :mrgreen:

Funny thing..nobody wanted to hurt the little sugar piggy. How come they will eat one that once had a heartbeat, but not one that is made of sugar???
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Tue Aug 28, 2012 12:20 am

StormeyG wrote:Funny thing..nobody wanted to hurt the little sugar piggy. How come they will eat one that once had a heartbeat, but not one that is made of sugar???

hmmm... ironic. except that these must be nurturing carnivores you work with.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:22 pm

Giba7 wrote:
StormeyG wrote:Funny thing..nobody wanted to hurt the little sugar piggy. How come they will eat one that once had a heartbeat, but not one that is made of sugar???

hmmm... ironic. except that these must be nurturing carnivores you work with.

yes, they are talking about pork all day. I am trying to teach them a bit about what they are eating, but so far it is stomach before the brain :wink:
They don't care about hormons, steroids, antibiotics and other stuff in there meat. They don't care where it comes from or what kinda life it had. Same with fish, don't care if a kind of fish is almost extinct, if they like it, they will eat it. Even if it from the yellow river in China!

For me it is easy not to eat Pork. I'm extremely allergic to it. It stops the function of some parts of my brain...don't need that. Gelatine is mostly made from pig skin, hair and bones, so don't need that. Red meat doesn't go well with me and I hate the taste of chicken. The only kind of meat that I can eat is veal for some unexplained reason and I loved it..really did, but then I saw on Oprah how these poor little baby cows are treated and that was it..no more veal for me. Hello vegetarian lifestyle.
I do like fish though..especialy swordfish, sicilian style :mrgreen: or sea devil from cataluna, but I don't eat it anymore. I feel like a hypocrite eating fish and it is easier for the world to understand if you are not eating anything of the animal world. I always had to defend myself for eating fish...it brought up so much discussion
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:24 pm

Tuscan bread in the oven...hope it turns out right!
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:24 pm

Veal? What? this is one thing I never eat!! :lol:
And swordfish is a deep sea fish -susceptible to mercury :shock:
(but swordfish sicilian does sound yummy!)
I can't stand ham, and never eat bacon from restaurants (they always leave it out)
so don't each much pork.

It's awesome to eat a healthy lifestyle, and life conscious to go vegetarian.
I feel better eating the green goddess smoothie everyday for breakfast.
but I do think we need extra protein not satisfied in beans and greens.
for me, I do eat meat and fish, but just eat a healthier type and in small portions.
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:28 am

eating considered is perfect. I know that a vegetarian lifestyle is not for everyone, but I would love if people would put some thought into what they eat. Like for example..organic meat tastes so much better and if we would all go for that it wil be cheaper.
I didn't know veal was all that bad...a cow that is breed for meat isn't that much older then the calf we eat. I didn't really see the difference between killing a grown animal or a baby...isn't it the same thing? Isn't it just as sad for a cow that is 2 years old to be killed, then it is for a calf? How come there is a difference? A dairy farm has no use for a bull, they just need the ladies for their milk..so all bulls are slaughtered anyways..same with chicken..no use for the rooster. calfs never get the milk...we drink their milk and eat butter that is made of it. eating veal is wrong, because the calfs have a horrible life, but I'm not sure if the rest of the cows have it that much better.

I have posted the recipe for Sicilian swordfish here somewhere...Iet me check it out.
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby StormeyG on Thu Aug 30, 2012 6:30 am

okey..swordfish recipe has to wait, didn't post it here....
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

Postby Giba7 on Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:07 pm

Stormey -you are right! And when it comes to humanness, I do believe it is an instinct to eat animals. And veal and swordfish are simply 2 items on that list.
Absolutely, whenever you eat any animal products, you are exploiting or destroying a life.
And veal isn't really worse than any other animal life, and no I didn't know cows were considered adult and slaughtered at 2. And I eat lamb, which is the epitome of adorable cuteness.

and when you introduce religion, they promote that animals were put here for humans. :shock:
But when you see how far we've come with our technology and education, we can justify other means for nourishment to satisfy our daily requirement (garbanzo beans and other legumes for protein).
When it comes to respect for life, the vegetarian, or rather, vegan lifestyle is the best!
So only the higher level human becomes vegan!!

Post your swordfish recipe! and does yours include ammoghio? and if so, how do you spell it? :lol:
I have a secret recipe!
Giba7
Runaway

Postby StormeyG on Fri Aug 31, 2012 6:39 am

Thank you for responding to that Giba! I was a bit afraid I went to far with posting about my believes in the world of consumption animals..not everyone wants to know this. Normally a cow can become 20 years old, a dairy cow jus 5 or 6 years old. Chicken that are not used for eggs, will only live 6 weeks :shock:

I will post the recipe tonight. I don't know what you mean with Ammoghio....
StormeyG
Space Cowboy

PreviousNext

Return to Everyday Chat